Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

First, my machine specs:

I7-3610QM processor
nVidia GTX680M graphics card
8GB ram

My video drivers are updated. I installed GW2 today and when I started playing the first problem I noticed is the game did this sort of stuttering thing. It ran, though, so I built my character and tried to play. I didn't get one minute into the game before my screen went completely black. I could still see and move the mouse icon. I could still hear sound. Nothing else, however, seemed to work or be visible. I had to use the windows task manager to exit out (which told me GW2 wasn't responding). Tried again and encountered the same problem about three minutes in. And again, black screen two minutes in. My laptop is in a well ventilated location. It feels like it is running extremely cool. It should be able to run this on high settings with little effort but instead it freezes on medium settings after just a minute or two of play. What the heck is wrong?

#2 Outt

Outt

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SEVN]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

Turn of AA(Anti-Aliasing) and change it from supersample down to subsample(i can't remember which setting this is, but it's either as Sub, Native, Super)

Or just turn everything on low and go 1-by-1 to see which may be effecting the performance.

#3 OutlawJT

OutlawJT

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

Anyone else have any ideas what the problem is? It'd take forever to check each setting incrementally one by one for the culprit while the game is freezing like this a minute after the game loads.I barely have time to open the menu to mess with the settings before it freezes. Black screen of death...... but the sound is fine........

#4 Syreadisa

Syreadisa

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[PRO]

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

Your computer just got a black screen and then it freezes?
because i have the same problem or maybe not. Sometimes i can play like 3 hours or less, and sometimes only 2 minutes and it goes all empty black screen and it's locked up my entire computer, can't do anything until i shut my computer off manually!

#5 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3341 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostOutlawJT, on 24 September 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

My video drivers are updated.
What about the rest of your drivers?