• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#91 Alak Von Liech

Alak Von Liech

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

Since the patchs dont stop coming and elem got some heavy changes in the last couple months, here are the builds i use most of the time.
If you have any comments/critics, they are welcome.

Tank/heal S/D 0/0/10/30/30
Nice heals, very high condition removal and survavibility but very low damage output, no burst.
You need to compensate the loss of damage with your team mates.
You can "tank" 2 ppl if they arnt both GC, sometimes 3 ppl if no GC during a decent amout of time, but you wont be able to take anyone down. So you rely on team mates and roamers.
Can be really nice if you play this with a condi necro, he will do the killing over time, you will do the keeping him alive over time.

GC D/D 0/30/0/30/10
Heavy burst damage output, medium burst cooldown, medium/low healing power, medium/high condition removal.
You can take down thiefs 90% of the time (any build, if he doesnt use the thief guilde) and condi necro will hate you in 1v1. You can burst someone in team fight but you cant stand the "team fight area" for long. You have to take care of your AOE damage, if there is retaliation... so it's the hit n run config. If you see 2 ranged foes, take care. You got heavy AOE pressure at close range if anyone use stealth or go down.
The divinity rune choice is argable. Another rune set may work fine/better.
Bolt of the heart (Air magic V) can be swapped for Zephyr's Boon (Air magic I) and
Aeromancer's Alacrity (Air magic IX) can be swapped for Air training (Air magic X) or Bolt of the heart/Zephyr's Boon. But i like to use and abuse of the shocking aura to counter foe's burst, even if it mean lower damage output.
You can swap Berserker for Valky, and swap the sigil of superior fire for a sigil of minor accuracy.
-> Valky roamer D/D 0/20/0/30/20
Bolt to the heart become Zephyr's Boon in order to keep high crit chance when you burst, even if you use it more for defence than offence. Lightning Whip will do wonders with Zephyr's Boon.
You can swap the arcane wave utility if you prefer more survavibility, safer stomps or some control for synchronised burst with team mate.
In Tn i tend to use this build more often than the GC D/D 0/30/0/30/10 when i'm roamer. Let's say it's Less risky.
But you will still need to go at close range to burst, and take care of foe's AOE and retaliation.
It's still an Hit n run config.

In order to get more tanky you just have to swap the weapons and increase your attack range.
S/D give nice results. And you still have nice AOE damage output for stealth thiefs, downed ppl and team fight on little control points.
-> Valky proxy/roamer S/D 0/20/0/30/20
You get more condi removal than in D/D with the phoenix, and you get 250 Toughness via Rock barrier. You loose the gap closer tho, and AOE pressure in earth vanish, exept for Churning Earth.
I use this config when i have to play proxy. You will see i use a sigil of superior life instead of minor accuracy. It's because i may have to tempo one or 2 foe's while i wait for my roamer(s) to come. You can't tempo 2 ppl for long, but you can do a decent job with the +250 healing power, and since you got high mobility, it wont be a problem to assist in team fights from time to time.

Once again, If you have any comments/critics, they are welcome.
If you use some builds who are close to those, and you think work well/better, it would enjoy knowing about them.
If you play often with some kind of profession/class, and do synchronised bursts/combos, i will enjoy learning about it too.

Edited by Alak Von Liech, 21 December 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#92 blindude

blindude

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1142 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

with all those d/d aurashare eles all over the place i beg to differ these days and lately been using s/d burst builds..(waiting also for some scepter buffs eventually)
Specifically thats what i ended up that does crazy aoe damage in team fights..(8+k churning earths,firegrabs,4-5 k dt etc and even managed to pul 4k of air auto :P)
http://gw2skills.net...UjoGbNuak1MEZGB
Basically the 25 air minor trait is there only to inflict 1-2 stack of vulnerabilty and activate the water trait.
If i do dt,phoenix,firegrab i can switch to water before everything but first phoenix attack hits thus giving the whole burst a +20 % increase in damage.If i also use arcane power i inflict massive aoe chill.It really is crazy damage without going fire/air and gimping yourself since you still have good healing power/toughness with that setup.
I know eles burst is easily avoidable but first its all aoe ,second i can inflict powerfull conditions like chill and third it works wonderfull if your team has a good amount of cc!Btw if the target is squishy or i wanna be as sure as i can that burst lands i switch to earth which causes the spells inflict immobilises which happen rapidly since phoenix hits 3 times.
Another combo i i like using is arcane wave in earth (immobilise)>earthquake>rock barrier>ring of fire(burning through rockbarrier)>firegrab.
Dont know but i really like playing with s/d.
edit:i also like using air cd recharges cause it pumps up dps a bit ,roaming ability since rtl is finally affected properly and has 12 sec cd and also updraft which is ..updraft.

Edited by blindude, 28 December 2012 - 08:01 AM.

#93 Khamul

Khamul

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

arcane power is buggued ... only 3 hits crit proc and AoE consume all charge (like the auto-attack fire in d/d)

I play this "similar" build for maximise burst under vulne / water attunement / %boons dmg / <33%hp
http://gw2skills.net...UjoGbNuak1MEZCB

the VI water is like 20-25% more dmg

works fine in s/d too, just switch aura trait

or with E-surge

Edited by Khamul, 28 December 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#94 blindude

blindude

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1142 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

View PostKhamul, on 28 December 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

arcane power is buggued ... only 3 hits crit proc and AoE consume all charge (like the auto-attack fire in d/d)

I play this "similar" build for maximise burst under vulne / water attunement / %boons dmg / <33%hp

the VI water is like 20-25% more dmg

works fine in s/d too, just switch aura trait

or with E-surge
the water trait is  10% and i actually like it cause i rarely get focused early on the team fight so i stay high at health during first burst.
But i need a way to apply my own vulnerability while still using s/d and so far thats the best way i found.I coud use of course the sigil but ..didnt like it.
About arcane power each spell consumes a set amount of charges despite how many people it hits.If you play d/d yeah its useless cause burning speed consumes everything but for scepter its actually great.
For example dt will consume one charge and phoenix 3 despite how many enemies they hit.Not to mention that use the trait in so many other ways like aoe chilling in water with water 3 (which doesnt consume all charges).
I even used it as a ~5 sec immobilise one time so that my teammates burst.Immobilise effect does not stuck but i managed to cancel the stone shard autoattack after 1 shard was fired which was translated in 1 sec immobilise-0.3 sec enemy being free to move..it felt so *ing cool:P
Dont know though.. i believe arcane power is something people will start using sooner or later.It just doesnt work with d/d which is kind of fotm now and it actually is bugged with many spells.

Edited by blindude, 28 December 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#95 Khamul

Khamul

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

the water trait is  10% and i actually like it cause i rarely get focused early on the team fight so i stay high at health during first burst.

hum my lastest tests were with arcane blast on heavy dummy

~1300-1400 crit dmg without water trait
~1600-1700dmg with it

I ll test again tonight

But i need a way to apply my own vulnerability while still using s/d and so far thats the best way i found.I coud use of course the sigil but ..didnt like it.

oh yeah, sorry I forgot that u use s/d :/
it's more easier in d/d with auto-attack of course

thanks for the details of arcane power
it sucks in d/d ... just a single "multi" attack like #1 fire consumme the 3 charges :(

I find his CD a bit too long ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: builds, elementalist, tournament

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users