• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 broski

broski

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

I finished every single map besides Eternal Battlegrounds, which I haven't even started yet. Currently at 98%, if I finish that will I have 100%?

Explorer Achievements
Krytan 175/175
Orr 59/60
Maguuma 161/165
Shiverpeak 168/172
Ascalon 175/175

I completed every single map completely, went over everything, and after I have EBG I should be at 100%, but will the explorer achievement affect me getting the star by my name or no?

It's frustating not being able to find it. :( Anyone have any information about it?

#2 Drogon

Drogon

Fire & Blood

• Site Contributors
  • 2711 posts
  • Guild Tag:[edge]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

You get the star + gifts of exploration for 100% world completion.

You get 'Been there, done that' title for the explorer achievements.

#3 AlmarWinfield

AlmarWinfield

Asuran Acolyte

• Community Contributors
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

Sadly until a ton more information on this and until almost everyone and their mother does it there won't be much information on it.

However the above poster said everything I know! lol

(P.S - I didn't think Eternal Battleground counted towards the achievement. Also there are some areas where I have gotten like all Vista locations or PoIs and it said upon receiving my final say 7/7 for the area that I only got like 87% completion. maybe it's a bug that said that for me but I'm not sure if it will ruin anything or hurt me when I go for 100%)

#4 Pirralla

Pirralla

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostDrogon, on 25 September 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

You get the star + gifts of exploration for 100% world completion.

You get 'Been there, done that' title for the explorer achievements.

Sorry to contradict but I've just done this about half an hour ago and you get the gifts, title and star for getting 100% in all zones (including all 4 WvW maps). AFAIK the explorer achievements (ie. uncovering all areas) are something separate and don't count towards anything else.

View Postbroski, on 25 September 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

I finished every single map besides Eternal Battlegrounds, which I haven't even started yet. Currently at 98%, if I finish that will I have 100%?

Yes, but you won't necessarily have completed all Explorer achievements.

Edited by Pirralla, 25 September 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#5 broski

broski

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:15 AM

I'm fine with not getting the Explorer achievements.

Thanks guys. :)

#6 Heineken

Heineken

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

I got both the title and star at 100% without my explorer achievements fully complete.

#7 Zevyr

Zevyr

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

You have to go to the order of whispers hideout (regardless of having been there before on a story mission or not) to get the gifts+star.

In the middle of Bloodtide Coast. (It's a mini instance you have to enter)

#8 jasott

jasott

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

For Shiverpeaks, one that you might have missed is the area Griffonrook Run is in, the entrance is through an underwater wall in the false lake with the pirate quaggan.

#9 phani_kaushik

phani_kaushik

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 399 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:18 AM

Orr - the location you're missing would be, the one near Penitent camp which is accessible only through an instanced mission as I read (only thing I'm missing right now)
Maguuma, check these locations: Aurora remains, Nightmare court hideout at the end of Morgan Spiral puzzle and a few others. I'd suggest unlock the jumping puzzle locations even if you don't want to do them, approaching the locations by entering the starting point would unlock all the missing locations.
Shiverpeak - Griffonrook Run could be one as above posted (a jumping puzzle), another jumping puzzle King Jalis' refuge in Snowden Drifts are two that come into my mind that are usually missed by most.

And yes, even with locations undiscovered, you'll get 100% map completion rewards if you have done all POI's, WP's, etc.

Edited by phani_kaushik, 24 October 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#10 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

View Postphani_kaushik, on 24 October 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

Orr - the location you're missing would be, the one near Penitent camp which is accessible only through an instanced mission as I read (only thing I'm missing right now)
And yes, even with locations undiscovered, you'll get 100% map completion rewards if you have done all POI's, WP's, etc.

If you mean the Artesian Waters (or similar) then you can get there without being in a story, although the mission will also send you there. Just to the West of penitent path there's a cave/tunnel underwater you can follow :)

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#11 phani_kaushik

phani_kaushik

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

View PostSheepski, on 24 October 2012 - 09:00 AM, said:

If you mean the Artesian Waters (or similar) then you can get there without being in a story, although the mission will also send you there. Just to the West of penitent path there's a cave/tunnel underwater you can follow :)

Ahh! Thanks for that. Now I need to get myself onto it later today (worries about endless horde of Risen Pirates and Krait down there, yikes!)

#12 Sheepski

Sheepski

Seraph Guardian

• Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

View Postphani_kaushik, on 24 October 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

Ahh! Thanks for that. Now I need to get myself onto it later today (worries about endless horde of Risen Pirates and Krait down there, yikes!)

There are some mobs down there, but you can swim past the first few and trigger the PoI well before you might die :P

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!

#13 Turtle Freak

Turtle Freak

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 468 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

Any suggestions for Maguuma?  I've gotten the gift of exploration and the "Been there, done that" title.  I've maxed out the explorer achievements on everything except Maguuma.  I currently have 163/165 I think.  I've done all of the jumping puzzles prior to the halloween update.  Maybe if I do the four new puzzles I will find the last 2 areas that I need, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has struggled with Maguuma and might know of difficult to find areas I could check.

#14 Sazaraki

Sazaraki

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[ESP]

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

Anyone know how to discover this place? It's the last thing I'm missing :( It's in Dredgehaunt Cliffs North-east

Posted Image

#15 phani_kaushik

phani_kaushik

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 399 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

View PostTurtle Freak, on 24 October 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Any suggestions for Maguuma?  I've gotten the gift of exploration and the "Been there, done that" title.  I've maxed out the explorer achievements on everything except Maguuma.  I currently have 163/165 I think.  I've done all of the jumping puzzles prior to the halloween update.  Maybe if I do the four new puzzles I will find the last 2 areas that I need, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has struggled with Maguuma and might know of difficult to find areas I could check.

Have you found Aurora Remains in Brisban Wildlands? It's near that Inquest lab south-west of the map.
Since you're saying you've done all the puzzles, I'll have to rule out Dark Reverie in Caledon. Maybe you can take a screenshot of your maps and post here or compare each map with wiki. That should help :)

#16 phani_kaushik

phani_kaushik

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 399 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

View PostSazaraki, on 25 October 2012 - 04:50 AM, said:

Anyone know how to discover this place? It's the last thing I'm missing :( It's in Dredgehaunt Cliffs North-east

Posted Image

If I'm not wrong, the fogged area is uncovered from within the cave where Skritt live, by walking further into the cave where there's a Vet. spider and a rich mine. I'm not 100% sure as I've done this area long back. Shall look up later and try to guide you once I head back from work :)

#17 Sazaraki

Sazaraki

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

View Postphani_kaushik, on 25 October 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

If I'm not wrong, the fogged area is uncovered from within the cave where Skritt live, by walking further into the cave where there's a Vet. spider and a rich mine. I'm not 100% sure as I've done this area long back. Shall look up later and try to guide you once I head back from work :)

Ok sounds good :D Just send me a mail or whisper in-game. I'm Sazaraki Vakk.

#18 phani_kaushik

phani_kaushik

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 399 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

View PostSazaraki, on 25 October 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

Ok sounds good :D Just send me a mail or whisper in-game. I'm Sazaraki Vakk.

Tried msgin u. Guess u r nt online in-game. So just to get things cleared, you've done all the quests in this map? If yes, you should've unlocked the area already as this area has 2 WP's, one heart and a skill pt. Or maybe you can specify which particular location you're looking for. I'm at this waypoint currently ->Mountain's tail. There's a cave just east of this WP which you should enter to unlock the area.

#19 Sazaraki

Sazaraki

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

View Postphani_kaushik, on 25 October 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

Tried msgin u. Guess u r nt online in-game. So just to get things cleared, you've done all the quests in this map? If yes, you should've unlocked the area already as this area has 2 WP's, one heart and a skill pt. Or maybe you can specify which particular location you're looking for. I'm at this waypoint currently ->Mountain's tail. There's a cave just east of this WP which you should enter to unlock the area.

I've done all the waypoints and stuff in the zone. What I'm looking for is the painted area north of Ulukk's Hunger with the repair guy,

#20 phani_kaushik

phani_kaushik

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 399 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostSazaraki, on 25 October 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

I've done all the waypoints and stuff in the zone. What I'm looking for is the painted area north of Ulukk's Hunger with the repair guy,

There's no repair guy in that location actually. It's a misplaced icon and there are lots of them. If you see, the map you posted doesn't have Mountain's tail WP. You may check in-game that there's a WP over there. If you're missing any location from Shiverpeaks, this isn't one of them. Maybe you might wanna check Griffonrook Run or King Jalis's refuge both of which are jumping puzzle areas and most often missed locations.

#21 Sazaraki

Sazaraki

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

View Postphani_kaushik, on 25 October 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

There's no repair guy in that location actually. It's a misplaced icon and there are lots of them. If you see, the map you posted doesn't have Mountain's tail WP. You may check in-game that there's a WP over there. If you're missing any location from Shiverpeaks, this isn't one of them. Maybe you might wanna check Griffonrook Run or King Jalis's refuge both of which are jumping puzzle areas and most often missed locations.

I've got all the waypoints and I've already found those two jumping puzzles :) Does anyone know of somewhere else that is easily missed? In Shiverpeaks

Edited by Sazaraki, 25 October 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#22 phani_kaushik

phani_kaushik

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 399 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostSazaraki, on 25 October 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

I've got all the waypoints and I've already found those two jumping puzzles :) Does anyone know of somewhere else that is easily missed? In Shiverpeaks

Ah, I see. Sorry I couldn't help you out there buddy. Just wondering, have you managed to access the two dwarven tombs that open only with dwarven key drop you get off the random mob in Shiverpeaks. I believe there are two, and one of them definitely unlocks a location - Tomb of Stoneskin which has an Imp boss and another similar tomb has a destroyer troll, but not sure if this one actually unlocks a location.

#23 Sazaraki

Sazaraki

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

View Postphani_kaushik, on 25 October 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Ah, I see. Sorry I couldn't help you out there buddy. Just wondering, have you managed to access the two dwarven tombs that open only with dwarven key drop you get off the random mob in Shiverpeaks. I believe there are two, and one of them definitely unlocks a location - Tomb of Stoneskin which has an Imp boss and another similar tomb has a destroyer troll, but not sure if this one actually unlocks a location.

I found what I was missing in Timberline Falls :) Tail of the Serpent in the south-east. Thanks!

#24 Scottus_Maximus

Scottus_Maximus

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ROX]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostSazaraki, on 25 October 2012 - 04:50 AM, said:

Posted Image

I was just there yesterday - it's part of the vigil storyline - you have to go there a couple times - it's a grawl camp.

#25 Sazaraki

Sazaraki

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

View PostScottus_Maximus, on 25 October 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

I was just there yesterday - it's part of the vigil storyline - you have to go there a couple times - it's a grawl camp.

I figured it was inside that Grawl city. I didn't join the Vigil though. Thankfully you don't have to go there to complete Shiverpeaks :D

#26 Conscious

Conscious

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

Hi guys, i have completed every single area on the map but says i have 299 hears out of 301?? where are the 2 missing hearts?

#27 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3311 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

View PostConscious, on 28 October 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Hi guys, i have completed every single area on the map but says i have 299 hears out of 301?? where are the 2 missing hearts?

Well if you miss 2 hearts it's easy, you skipped 2 in a area. :)
The hearts, SP, WP, vistas, PoI are not bugged.

#28 Conscious

Conscious

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hi guys, how do you get the POI in Straits of Devo? in the main place? ive done my story quest and nothing has happend?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users