Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5370 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostParadoxical, on 03 December 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

So I hear time to time from people that pre-cursor crafting has been delayed, but nobody has pointed me to the official source of this info. We were supposed to be getting it this year according to the road map they put out like what, 6 months ago? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Here you go:

You will absolutely see a way to create a precursor available in the future. As detailed in our plans for the second half of the year here:

https://www.guildwar...wars-2-in-2013/

As mentioned at the end of the blog, as always things are subject to change as test and prepare various systems. Most of the stuff covered in the blog you’ve already seen implemented, or steps towards being implemented, however the precursor building (and corresponding additional legendary items) is the one highest at risk to not make it this year.

It is still something we absolutely plan to do!

https://forum-en.gui...rst#post2981770

#572 Illein

Illein

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2039 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

Oh I did only have Colin's interview at PAX, I believe, in mind. Sucks to hear that additional Legendaries were delayed too :(

#573 P4ndora

P4ndora

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

Finally, I finished my legendary Twilight. I had the gifts since last november, so it took me over a year to get that precursor. I barely played in the last 6 months and in the other half a year I threw around 500gold into the mystic forge without any success. So after that I tried to collect the money to buy it from TP, but got bored and left the game with ~300g in my pocket.

What I realized is that when ascended weapon crafting was introduced, the price of t6 material skyrocketed... so I took my bet and bought a lot of gossamer scrap from my remaining 300g and hoped that I'll profit from it with the release of ascended armor. It worked, I sold yesterday all of them and made like 800g and bought that damned Dusk. *feels like a business-man*

Well I left the game and it doesn't seems like I will come back anytime soon... But it still feels great that I could finish it xD

(what I learned from gw2 is that I'll never ever try to get something in a game that requires so much grind again :D)

#574 Paradoxical

Paradoxical

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

So I tried 20 exotics from Dungeon tokens in to the forge. Got jack diddly shi*. No surprise there. Probably should've just salvaged rares for ectos with all those wasted tokens and acquired more gold.

I also did the above strategy except on a larger scale of investment. I still don't feel right dropping that much because I'm bitter over luck in this game. Pretty ridiculous that someone with maybe 30 hours of gameplay can get it and someone who's been playing since Launch will never see one in their inventory unless they empty the wallet. No prestige there.

Edited by Paradoxical, 05 December 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#575 Ilithius of FNP

Ilithius of FNP

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[SC]
  • Server:Fissure of Woe

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

I am not sure how serious this tread is anymore but I'll still post this.

After multiple tries of putting shields (from dungeon token), The Chosen dropped. It took approx 10 tries or so.

I have also recently dropped Dusk from the forge, this is what I put in the forge: Corrupted Avenger Greatsword + Destroyer's Greatsword + Ghastly Sword + Mystic Forge Stone.

Good luck with the Mystic Toilet and Happy Xmas all.

#576 Illein

Illein

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2039 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

http://www.reddit.co...et_for_science/

Will be interesting to see how many precursors and exotics in general he pulls out tomorrow with a 10.000 g investment.

#577 Ship Soo

Ship Soo

Ship Sooey

• Moderators
  • 456 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[ZPM]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

Looks like 3 after 17500 GS

Ouch

He should have made half exotics and half rares

Edited by Ship Soo, 03 January 2014 - 03:39 PM.

Misses the Dervish in the Worst Way

Want to chat or have a question? Feel free to PM me.

#578 Illein

Illein

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2039 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

View PostShip Soo, on 03 January 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

Looks like 3 after 17500 GS

Ouch

He should have made half exotics and half rares

Actually, here are the complete results:

http://www.reddit.co...are_gs_results/

He got 11 Precursors (5 Dusks, 6 Dawns) from all those attempts (37.500 Swords -> 9375 Attemps).

So his net profit is about 500 g according to himself. Not too shabby, but considering how his luck was the first day, this could have gone south very easily. Gambler's risk, I'd say.

And throwing exotics in is just not worth it from a mathemetical standpoint. As you only increase your chance by 5 but your costs by a factor of 8 times.

Edited by Illein, 03 January 2014 - 05:16 PM.

#579 Reason on Cooldown

Reason on Cooldown

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostIlithius of FNP, on 23 December 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

After multiple tries of putting shields (from dungeon token), The Chosen dropped. It took approx 10 tries or so.

Lucky.  I spent months saving my yellow shield drops, and even some time using all my T5s to craft yellows, and also saving exo drops and feeding them back in.  After I'm sure what was at least 10 exo drops and many times that rares...nothing.  I finally had my friend buy me Chosen, since he has gotten 3 (THREE!) precursors to drop, just randomly open world.  Starting from Ancient Karka chest.  Hunter, Chaos Gun, and I forget the 3rd.  I would not have Flameseeker without his generous donations.

I'd like to get a Bifrost as well.  Interested to see the path to crafting precursors.  But recollecting all those T6 fines seems to be a more monumental task. lol

I never wasted cash on forge drops.  As many have found, it's a losing prospect monetarily (save the super lucky).

#580 purper dawn

purper dawn

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[ANBU]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

guess im one of the lucky. i dropped 200g worth of golds in a while ago and got nothing.

today i thought id try something else so i dropped 3 cheap named exotics and 1 stone in got kudzu 1st try.

#581 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3311 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

View PostIllein, on 05 December 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

Oh I did only have Colin's interview at PAX, I believe, in mind. Sucks to hear that additional Legendaries were delayed too :(

Sorry for the necro, but if you can still know what this is about, howlong were they delayed?
Cause I can craft my sunrise anytime really, but I'm waiting for new legendaries for the "prestige"

#582 Illein

Illein

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2039 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostGilles VI, on 19 January 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

Sorry for the necro, but if you can still know what this is about, howlong were they delayed?
Cause I can craft my sunrise anytime really, but I'm waiting for new legendaries for the "prestige"

They merely stated that the precursor crafting and the new legendaries will not be released in 2013 despite being on the road map given to the playerbase on January 15th 2013.

So it's really up to anyone's guess now.

As I mentioned in another thread, I would think that the things they couldn't ship in 2013 would be the first ones on the radar for 2014, but that doesn't need to be the case.

I'd inivte you to do what I will do: Wait for the 2014 preview which is a bit overdue already, but should be out any time soon, even if they only give us a 6-Months preview of features and content to come and then decide whether it's worth the wait for you.

If the new ones are on the horizon within the next 3 months, I'll probably wait - if they aren't even on the preview or if they go back on what they said and only introduce the legendary trinket they talked about (so either backpiece or rings or accessories) I'll simply build one of the old ones.

#583 Decollete

Decollete

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:01 AM

Is it possible to get precursors from below level 80 rares? OR should I just salvage below 80 rares?

#584 Inraged Twitch

Inraged Twitch

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[MGW]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

68 and above can get them

#585 Silverbleed

Silverbleed

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostDecollete, on 15 February 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

Is it possible to get precursors from below level 80 rares? OR should I just salvage below 80 rares?
People have been suggesting it should be 300 in total. 4x a level 74 would be too low. But 74+74+76+76 would be 300.
I cannot confirm if it's true, but I can confirm it always gave me back a level 80 weapon or exotic with this method after 10 tries. That's where I quit testing since I use rares I find, not buy.

#586 danitheqt

danitheqt

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:44 AM

So, with the recent change to the mystic forge, i thought id do some research.
Here's the results, in case some of you are curious about what got changed.

I used lvl 80 rares only. Stopped after 4,064 rares.

Dropchance of exotics in general: 20.63%
(seems to still be 20%, with me being "lucky")

Out of these exotics, the dropchance of lvl 80 Exotics is: 58.88%
Dropchance of lvl 76-lvl79 Exotics*: 41.12%
(*I got exactly 1 lvl 75 Exotic, all the others were between lvl76 and lvl79)
So either it's 60 / 40 or its supposed to be 50/50. Please keep in mind that i only used ~4000rares overall, so these numbers are not necesarrily representing the real average.

With rares currently being quite expensive to craft (~44-45s/ea for Swords), and you getting back exotics below lvl 80 (which soon won't be worth much), gambling seems to make less sense. On the other hand, quite some Precs are reaching the 1k gold mark, so ye..

Basically the change to the Mystic Forge aims at increasing the price of precursors. Why anet did that is beyond my comprehension.

gl!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users