• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FalseLights

FalseLights

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

Not everyone likes Spirit Weapons but they can put out amazing amount of damage with little effort. This is a simple Spirit build that i made around spvp level 2. Been using it for 8 levels already.
http://www.guildhead...Mmmxx9MaMoaMRbV

One of the reasons why I love this build is because the Guardian trait tree is notorious for having to pick a trait you may never use just to get to the one you need. This build uses 100% of the traits you pick, some traits even complement each other. There isn't a wasted trait.

I use Bane Signet in more serious games but for fun I'll use Shield of the Avenger. The 50% fumble and Shield of Absorption can be awesome in some situations, but the time to cast the shield along with two other weapons can be very dangerous in time sensitive battles.

Notable Spirit Weapon Traits:
Spirit weapons cause burning.
Spirit weapons recharge 20% faster.
Spirit weapons last 50% longer.
Spirit weapons are not destroyed when commanded.
Spirit weapons look very aggravating when cast (ok i made that up)

Rune in armor
Supirior Rune of the Scholar
(1) +25 power
(2) +3% crit damage
(3) +50 power
(4) +5% crit damage
(5) +90 power
(6) +10% damage when health is above 90%

Sigil on Weapon
Sigil of Superior air
30% chance on crit to cast Lightning Strike. (about 1.4k damage when it procs)
My crit chance is 49%

Game Play:
Renewed focus plays a huge part in survivability. Standing in one place casting Virtue of Resolve twice for quick heals while people blow their cooldowns on an invulnerable Guardian can be a huge game changer. Spam Command on your Spirit weapons when ever it's up and only when the Spirits are close to the target so the chances of dodging is minimal. Use Knockdown for that Whirling Wrath combo, slow down kiter's or just to buy time to respawn your Spirit weapons. Other than that it's standard Guardian face melt from there.

Cons:
30% of your damage and cc is entirely dependent on your spirit weapons.
Worst enemies: Theifs and Mesmers

That's about it. I'm completely open to suggestions!!!

Edited by FalseLights, 26 September 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#2 wowzers5

wowzers5

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:24 AM

You have 0 condition removal. That's a big no no in real competitive play. I would swap out bane signet for contemplation of purity or re-trait to get the virtue of resolve condition removal. I'm sleepy, so I won't nitpick over everything, but here's my general SW build

http://gw2skills.net...Nuak1sAZEymgJBA

Always keep a staff and scepter/shield in your bag to switch out for the occasion. SW can be easy fun, but ai is unpredictable as well...

#3 FalseLights

FalseLights

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

View Postwowzers5, on 27 September 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

You have 0 condition removal. That's a big no no in real competitive play. I would swap out bane signet for contemplation of purity or re-trait to get the virtue of resolve condition removal. I'm sleepy, so I won't nitpick over everything, but here's my general SW build

Always keep a staff and scepter/shield in your bag to switch out for the occasion. SW can be easy fun, but ai is unpredictable as well...

Thanks for the input! I took your suggestion about removing conditions and this is the spec I came up with.
http://www.guildhead...MmmxG9MGMaqMRVs
How much healing does your dodge roll do by the way?

Changed my rune to Superior Rune of Divinity like you have set up.

I switched to the mace and shield as my off hand set, I put the other pvp items in the bag  I'll be running this spec in spvp all day to work out the kinks and to practice switching weapons to try to maximise my dps.

#4 wowzers5

wowzers5

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

Looks like it could work. I would run more condition removal, but that's more of a personal thing. The Divinity runes is just a generic thing on builds I put if I don't know of anything better. Not sure if there is anything better for what we're trying to run though :huh: Like anything, practice makes perfect, just play the way you feel works best!

As far as the dodge roll heal goes, I'm assuming you're talking about the trait in honor. I don't know the number exactly, but it is actually a pretty good amount. I don't know if it would compliment your build, but you never know till you try.

Edited by wowzers5, 28 September 2012 - 01:17 AM.

#5 Br0barian

Br0barian

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Spirit Weapons, meh. In my experience they take forever to get to your target and the ai is so unpredictable.That combined with long CD, I would rather use a Meditation build or a build with more Condition Cleanse/ Support and just mash on fools with my Hammer. Just my personal preference I guess.

And my dodge roll heal usually hits for for around 1800-2600 depending on my healing power.

#6 ZCKS

ZCKS

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

View Postwowzers5, on 27 September 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

This ^ also he is using perfect inscriptions which ATM could be our very worst grandmaster trait as it only adds +18 to whatever stat your signet effects.

Also he has no ranged weapon which can mean real problems in PVP situations.

My suggestion to to change out your grandmaster in radiance for one that allows your signets to cure a condition when used, then swap out bane signet for signet of judgment.

That will allow you to survive a bit longer & remove more conditions off of yourself.

As for armor, I would suggest switching to rune of divinity, rune of vampirism, rune of the eagle or rune of the forge. The first 3 will provide effects that are active allot more often while the last provides a very nice oh sh!t effect which can save your arse.

My last bit of advice is purely optional. It is to trade in the greatsword & hammer for a sword + focus & scepter + shield, then equip both weapon sets with a sigil of flame & sigil of air.

This will give you more survivability & the ability to better combat ranged enemies without adversely effecting your damage potential much. Heck you may even see your burst go up because sigil of air & flame can go off on the same crit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weapon, dps, cc, guardian, spirit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users