• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 seannhs75

seannhs75

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

Does anyone know the best methods/areas to farm gold in GW2? I have been looking around and I could not seem to find anything other than guide scams. Thanks in advance and I hope you guys have some good stuff!!! -Sham

P.S You can even talk about farming in general, like karma, influence or items.

#2 Heineken

Heineken

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Zerging Straits of Devastation gives a decent amount of gold, but it's mostly good for farming karma. Either way you get a bunch of skill points, karma, and gold at the same time & you barely have to do anything. So much win. :D

#3 seannhs75

seannhs75

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

What do you mean by Zerging it? lol I know what zerg means, but where are you farming it?

#4 chiclet

chiclet

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Guild Tag:[OHMM]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

He probably means finding a bunch of other people in Straits of Devastation and all of you going to town for as long as you can all individually stand it.  Or: Go to Straits of Devastation, find a bunch of other people and join in. Profit!

#5 seannhs75

seannhs75

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:37 PM

Alright I see, I farmed an event chain here in my low 70s.
anyone please feel free to add any input or direct me to someones else's topic or link that may be useful on other ideas.

#6 matsif

matsif

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

its very hard to farm for gold (copper, silver, money in general), along with just drops for cash for a large amount of time in one area because of the anti-farm code.

basically, just event chaining straights of dev, malchor's leap, cursed shore, frostgorge sound would net you a decent amount of drops, karma, cash, mats along the way, etc.  seems like the best route to me, although I typically don't "farm" unless I am looking for something specific, I'd rather level an alt.

#7 Maconi

Maconi

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Most people made fortunes off farming dungeons before Anet nerfed/broken them. There isn't very many ways to make Gold now that doesn't involve banging your head against the wall for hours for small profits.

#8 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:12 AM

Solo farming:
- Lvl 80 animals drop 1s worth Potent Blood and a rare chance to get a 16s worth Powerful Blood.
- Orichalcum is worth 2s+ per piece, there are node maps around the web
- Orr mobs can drop rares and exotics
- Unid Dyes are worth 4-5s each

Just out the top of my head.

#9 Aaren

Aaren

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DrV]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

Definitely Orr! I made 15 gold there, in one day. Weee.

#10 Red Sonya

Red Sonya

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:16 AM

I don't see the need to farm for gold or wealth in this game anymore than I did in GW1. I had every character I had in GW1 maxed out on plat and stacks and stacks of ectos and nothing to spend it on. Cosmetics are for peeners and I never got into that vanity stuff. That's the bad part about this game and gw1 with no equipment progression. Once you have a maxed weapon and armor or even a few sets of them for different combat tactics you were done. Only thing I can see in this game would be maybe a healing set of armor for PVP and perhaps one burning condition set. Just not as much fun as say EQ was or Star Wars Galaxies.

#11 pandascarf

pandascarf

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Guild Tag:[vm]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:48 AM

View PostAaren, on 27 September 2012 - 04:20 AM, said:

Were you doing a specific de chain?

#12 Waar Kijk Je Naar

Waar Kijk Je Naar

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1595 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[GSD]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:49 AM

Level 10 characters to 80. Run around mining all Orichalcum and Mithril nodes.

Sell on TP.

#13 Firstborn12

Firstborn12

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

View PostAaren, on 27 September 2012 - 04:20 AM, said:

View Postpandascarf, on 27 September 2012 - 05:48 AM, said:

I would like to know this too, 15g in a day, did you get extoic Armor/weapons and sell them for 3-5 gold each or something

#14 Aaren

Aaren

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

View Postpandascarf, on 27 September 2012 - 05:48 AM, said:

View PostFirstborn12, on 27 September 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

I would like to know this too, 15g in a day, did you get extoic Armor/weapons and sell them for 3-5 gold each or something

Yes and yes. I took all 'rares' i found (with Omnomberry Bars, 30% MF and 40% more gold from monsters) and forged them, which gave me 3 exotics. Also, I got several rare dyes, like white... twice. There's also a never ending event chain by the tunnel, but I cant for the life of me remember the name. It's close to Arah. I was only getting Karma, the gold was a "by-product".

Edited by Aaren, 27 September 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#15 Firstborn12

Firstborn12

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostAaren, on 27 September 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

Yes and yes. I took all 'rares' i found (with Omnomberry Bars, 30% MF and 40% more gold from monsters) and forged them, which gave me 3 exotics. Also, I got several rare dyes, like white... twice. There's also a never ending event chain by the tunnel, but I cant for the life of me remember the name. It's close to Arah. I was only getting Karma, the gold was a "by-product".

sweet, I gonna try this with my guardian, I think I know which on your talking about. you have to saly the waves of Risen at the entrance points that entance, and the event is on both sides, that or Im thinking of another one.

#16 Aaren

Aaren

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostFirstborn12, on 27 September 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

sweet, I gonna try this with my guardian, I think I know which on your talking about. you have to saly the waves of Risen at the entrance points that entance, and the event is on both sides, that or Im thinking of another one.

Shelter's Gate WP and Penitent WP :)

#17 seannhs75

seannhs75

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

Alright thanks! Ill have to give some of this stuff a try :)

#18 Lastchime

Lastchime

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

WvW strike team can be good, just roll around taking supply and guards, killing caravans. Don't get locked into seiges, they pay crap for the length of time they take.

Also why it sometimes makes sense to "let" the enemy take points.

Edited by Lastchime, 28 September 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#19 Omega X

Omega X

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[OOM]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

Find events that don't have a lot of people doing them. The drops from enemies will add up quick. Also, sell gray, white and blue weapons and armor instead of salvaging them.

#20 Robsy128

Robsy128

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2903 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:19 PM

Do dungeons and explore maps. Seriously, I had 6 copper this morning. After 2 dungeon runs and completing the level 80 snowy area (I forget the name... Frostgorge, maybe?), I made 3.5 gold. I sold the yellow items I got from the chest after getting 100% exploration on the trading post and the rest was just selling rubbish items to vendors.

#21 HawkofStorms

HawkofStorms

Guru's Source of Witty Banter

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostAaren, on 27 September 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

Well, dye is completely random, so you just got lucky with that.  Dye that drops in Queensdale has just as much odds to be rare as one that drops in Orr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users