9 replies to this topic

#1 Cruloss

Cruloss

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

Hi All,

Just hit 80 and bit of confused with gearing up for pve.

Currently bought some greens/yellows from TP but I dont really know how should I proceed with gearing apart from dungeon farming.

Havent finished the story quests yet will I get good rewards for it?

Are there any special vendors I should visit apart from insanely expensive karma or currency vendors, if so where are they located?

I bit of a guidence will be highly appreciated. many thanks in advance.

#2 arji

arji

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

For 80 lvl exotics.
a) You can do explorable mode dungeons to accuire tokens that you trade for gear. Vendors are located near the WvW portals at Lion's arch
b)You can level up the diciplines and craft you gear from there
c)You can buy gear from karma vendors that are located at Cursed shore. They are active only if the waypoints are not contested.
d)You can get the WvW set with battle tokens that you get by doing WvW.

For gear in general.
Same as a) above. Vendors sells yellow gear(not orange-exotic) also for much less tokens
Same as B) above. Around 350 skill you can craft decent yellow gear
Same as c) above. Random vendors (not the vendors from major events) sells green quality gear pretty cheap.

#3 Comatose

Comatose

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

Yea your main aim at level 80 as said by the post above is Exotic Gear. They are what you should be aiming for, apart from being the best stats in the game there are many different types and most of them look really good. Which is what Guild Wars 2 is all about ahah :P As in the post explained the ways of getting this gear, Dungeons are probably the best way to get them and cheapest, since you make good amounts of gold while running them, though it is repetitive and the easiest one to run is Citadel of Flames and alot of people have the set so is not as special any more. Crafting is a good way since you can make any stat you want on them and they look pretty good. I can make medium exotic armour if you want for a decent price lower than the TP probably. Karma vendors is probably a no go if you have just hit level 80 since it is 42k Karma per piece I belive which you wont have unless you grind for whereas you may has some gold available. And the WvW set you need  ALOT of Badges of Honour, so that is probably a no go as well :P

#4 Leto

Leto

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

View PostCruloss, on 27 September 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

Hi All,
Just hit 80 and bit of confused with gearing up for pve.
Currently bought some greens/yellows from TP but I dont really know how should I proceed with gearing apart from dungeon farming.
Havent finished the story quests yet will I get good rewards for it?
Are there any special vendors I should visit apart from insanely expensive karma or currency vendors, if so where are they located?
I bit of a guidence will be highly appreciated. many thanks in advance.
You shouldn't worry about gearing up, it's the easiest thing to do in this game. You're L80 so you probably have enough gold to buy L78 exotic armors/weapons in the trading post. Or maybe you can make them yourself. Don't waste your gold on exotic L80 gear, which is much more expensive, the difference in stats compared with L78 gear is negligeable. Forget about 42k karma / dungeon gear, it's absolutely not worth it. Look at their stats, you can get the equivalent in the trading post, plus most of them are plain ugly. So be smart and don't waste your time with that. There's also the cultural gear of course but it's quite expensive. If you really can't afford L78 exotic gear check the various karma vendors. You can buy trinkets (amulet/ring) with gold (trading post) or with karma. About the back you're going to get one as reward from your personal story. Before buying something do some research to be sure it has the stats you need.
Regarding your appearance you can get some good ideas from all those topics (not just on this forum) where players post screenshots of their character. You should have enough transmutation stones by now, after having completed almost all maps at 100% I have about 50 of each type.

#5 phobos

phobos

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

Farm dungeons forever or craft the exotic gear in minutes.  Stats are about the same.  You're just picking which outfit you prefer.

#6 Comatose

Comatose

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostLeto, on 27 September 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

You shouldn't worry about gearing up, it's the easiest thing to do in this game. You're L80 so you probably have enough gold to buy L78 exotic armors/weapons in the trading post. Or maybe you can make them yourself. Don't waste your gold on exotic L80 gear, which is much more expensive, the difference in stats compared with L78 gear is negligeable. Forget about 42k karma / dungeon gear, it's absolutely not worth it. Look at their stats, you can get the equivalent in the trading post, plus most of them are plain ugly. So be smart and don't waste your time with that. There's also the cultural gear of course but it's quite expensive. If you really can't afford L78 exotic gear check the various karma vendors. You can buy trinkets (amulet/ring) with gold (trading post) or with karma. About the back you're going to get one as reward from your personal story. Before buying something do some research to be sure it has the stats you need.
Regarding your appearance you can get some good ideas from all those topics (not just on this forum) where players post screenshots of their character. You should have enough transmutation stones by now, after having completed almost all maps at 100% I have about 50 of each type.

What do you mean don't bother with gearing up, whats the point of wasting money on level 78 gear when if he farms will be able to get level 80 gear within two days. Just save up and spend big. To be honest best way to do it is craft some MF gear or get someone to do it and farm the dungeons to get other gear for crit chance or whatever you want. If your not buying the best gear then what are you going to spend money on...nothing thats all you need it for really.

#7 Arquenya

Arquenya

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1204 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

I also just hit lvl 80.

Buying lvl 80 exotics from the TP was about 2-2.5 gold a piece, not that expensive.
What I am curious about is the upgrades, like gems or runes and what's cheapest/best.

#8 Comatose

Comatose

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

It depends on what type of exotics you need. Berserker's are currently most expensive I belive due to the Powerful blood they need which hits abotu 16S a pop and you need 5 each item. Runes also depends some are cheap, if you are in to Magic Find the pirate runes are only 40S and the Traveller are 70S approx. Whereas Berserker are probably around 1.5G but dont quote me on that lol. So what sorta build do you want, if you are medium armour I can craft it for you well under TP price :)

#9 Arquenya

Arquenya

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1204 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

View PostComatose, on 27 September 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

So what sorta build do you want, if you are medium armour I can craft it for you well under TP price :)
Was that directed at me or the OP? :)
I'm a ranger so yes I use medium gear. Can you sell stuff between servers then?

I mainly go for gear with +power and +precision/crit and +toughness (with a little +vitality) at the moment.
I've read that since bleeds and poison (+condition) are capped (less effecive in group play) and can be removed (less reliable), it's less desirable.

Anyway I was asking because I noticed you can pick between runes, sigils and jewels for your upgrade slot but then I found this:

Posted Image

No idea what it does!?

Edit: found it's actually a piece of back equipment!

Edited by Arquenya, 27 September 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#10 Comatose

Comatose

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

Message me in game (Asaraa) yes you can across servers and i can make any, I am online now or send me a message with exactly what you want and I will give you a quote :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users