Anodomini334

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

Salt of the Earth  ( Fort Aspenwood )

A family friendly Christian PvE and WvW guild

We welcome Christians and Non-Christians alike

I know your time is precious, so I'll try to be to the point!  What makes a guild special?  Is it the accomplishments over time of the guild?  Is it the number of members?  Is it doing all the content in a guild as fast as possible?

I'm not sure about you, but I would answer all those with a 'No'.  What makes a guild special is the people in it.  It doesn't matter if the guild is 50, 100, or 200+ strong.  If no one knows each other on a personal level then over time that guild will be lost in memory.

We welcome players from all backgrounds, all playstyles, all ages, and from anywhere in the world!  We currently have a well rounded group from the U.S., Canada, and even Turkey.

This guild has three goals
  • Strengthen Christians in their walk with Christ
  • Bring seekers to Christ should they so choose.  We will not force anything on you, you are welcome to game with us if all you want is a clean family friendly environment.  Just be aware that you will see bible verses and faith shared openly on our website.
  • Recruit people that want to game with each other for fun, and to get to know each other like an online family.  Over my nearly 10 years of playing MMO's I only really remember 3 guilds and all 3 were because you were treated like an online family not a number or a slot filler.
  Our guild is small right now (20+ members) , but we have big dreams and we are in Guild Wars 2 for the long haul.  If you are interested then check out our website at http://salt.enjin.com or pm / send an in game mail to Solitude (adonai.4230) or Sparro (Sparro.2380).

Thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you in game!

Edited by Anodomini334, 06 December 2012 - 03:59 PM.
Fixing link

#2 Anodomini334

Anodomini334

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

I just wanted to update anyone interested on our guild status.  We have our Raid Call up and running for use, perhaps later we may swap to a mumble, ventrilo, or teamspeak server as the guild grows

We have added two new members in the last few days.  We are of course still a small upstart guild, but with perseverance we plan to keep growing over time.

I'm in the middle of reworking the website and it's content over the next week.  Thanks for your time and have a good day!

#3 Anodomini334

Anodomini334

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

I wanted to give another update.  We have swapped to using Teamspeak for our voice server - Raid Call will remain as a backup.  I will be updating the website within the week to a premium version so that there will be no ads and I can add an event calendar to the website.  Anyone will be able to add events to the website, and I fully encourage that they do.

Also update some future changes coming to the guild as we grow - that is on the main page.

We have added a few new members recently, everyone seems very helpful and friendly and we would love to add more into the mix!

#4 Anodomini334

Anodomini334

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Several good recruits have come to us over the last 10 days and we look forward to more of you checking us out!  We gained about 5 or 6 members, not everyone is signed up on our site yet.

Possibly swapping over the website to a premium version this week to add more things such as an event calendar.

Come check us out while server transfers are free!  See you in game!

Edited by Anodomini334, 29 October 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#5 Anodomini334

Anodomini334

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Just a quick guild update, we have moved up to 17 members so far! Casuals / Hardcores are welcome, we seem to mainly be attracting Casual / Weekend players at the moment. We all understand fully that real life comes before games.

We had a blast doing a guild run in the Straights of Devastation last night, and we are looking forward to running more guild events!

I will be upgrading the website to premium this week and adding in a Guild Calendar that all members will be able to use to schedule events and play days.

Thanks for your interest and I look forward to seeing you in game!

#6 Anodomini334

Anodomini334

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

We're still a small but growing guild and always looking for new members!  Check out our website at http://salt.enjin.com or shoot us a message in game.  I'm currently working once a week on upgrading our website to make it look better.

We ran Fractals of the Mists last night and had a blast, I'm looking forward to another guild run!

#7 Anodomini334

Anodomini334

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

Added an Event Calendar to the site last week and it is running smoothly.  We ran a few guild events and had a great time! Also added a Gallery to the website to share pictures

I look forward to seeing our guild grow as more people become interested in us.

#8 Anodomini334

Anodomini334

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Hey, thanks for your interest in our guild, we are still recruiting members as always!  We are starting to get more into weekly events and monthly contests now.

Weekly events - Running various parts of Orr to help with exploration, farming karma, and of course loot!  Also we are setting up dungeon runs, fractal runs, and WvW nights whenever possible.

Monthly contest - Our first monthly contest is for best screenshot and the prize is 30 omnom berrybars.  More contests with much better prizes to follow in the coming months

As the guild grows I plan on doing bigger events such as a guild night to take down Dragons

#9 Anodomini334

Anodomini334

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Merry Christmas everyone!  While I have a little time on my hands I wanted to update anyone that is interested in the progress of the guild.  We are currently 30+ members strong and during January I'll be working on website updates and tweaks.  

A few members in the guild are mulling over the idea of getting into a little Structured PvP and as always we continue to group up for WvW pvp.  Many new members are hitting level 80 (with more to come!) and are interested in dungeons, fractals, and exploring.

I've really enjoyed getting to know all of our members and I look forward to the blessings that God will provide us in 2013.  Thank you for your interest in our guild and I hope you check us out further!

#10 Anodomini334

Anodomini334

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

It's been a hectic few weeks but Christmas and New Years are now behind us.  We are up to 42 members and we continue to look at ways of growing and improving our guild.  Several officers have been promoted and we are posting weekly events as possible such as dungeon runs, jumping puzzles, and world versus world events.

If we peak your interest then check us out at salt.enjin.com!

#11 Anodomini334

Anodomini334

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Looking into running a server event on Balthazar at the Straights of Deveastation on Jan 26th.  If you are into events like this, running as a group in Orr, running dungeons / fractals, or doing WvW in small assault groups then check us out!  When guesting is open on the 28th feel free to join us as a guest to see if you would like to join us permanently.

#12 Anodomini334

Anodomini334

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Our Balthazar event was a success and we went on to take down Lyssa and Dwayna as well that same night!

Our guild has grown to around 55 members - we recently did abit of culling from the ranks for people who haven't played for 60 days or so. We want to keep the community active and not full of dead accounts.

Currently working on a lotto system for the guild and planning out changes to the website to make it more streamlined, user friendly, and of course flashy. Those changes should be rolled out by the end of February.

We just had our first guild bible study on teamspeak which seemed to be a success and we are also partnering up with CS7 to attend their Thursday night bible studies when possible.

#13 Anodomini334

Anodomini334

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Reworked the Gallery page and added in 2 twitter modules.  One is linked to Daily Verses and another is linked to GW2 updates.  Reworked some other minor things on the website such as making the menu drop down.

In the next few days we will be announcing some big updates for the guild on our main page.  Some include events and others include plans for the very near future of the guild

#14 Anodomini334

Anodomini334

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

It has been about 6 months since I last updated this thread so I thought it was about time!  We have grown to a guild of 60+ members, with 25 - 30 of those being regular players and the rest being super casual.

We are still recruiting and going strong.  

I've torn down most of the old website because it did not get much use.  However you can still go to the website for information on our rules and how to join us.  Shoot us a request if we sound like the guild for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users