• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

How Do You Forge or Craft The "Svanir Greatsword" / ?

svanir frozen greatsword shamans frozen greatsword svanir greatsword greatsword mystic forge frozen weapons

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 XxHieixX

XxHieixX

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out how to forge the "Svanir Greatsword" (a.k.a: The "Frozen Greatsword"). Now I've heard a lot of talk about deer tokens and being able to simply weaponsmith the sword at lvl-400, so I'm here to clear up all the hear/say. What si the REAL way to get this sword?

Posted Image

#2 Weekender

Weekender

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Arrk]
  • Server:Vabbi

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

Must be one of the untested recipes from here: http://wiki.guildwar...e/Other_Weapons

#3 XxHieixX

XxHieixX

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Sorry, not on that list. Does anyone else have any ideas on how to make it???

#4 EliteZeon

EliteZeon

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[WM]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

Go to Frostgorge Sound, near the Earthshaken Waypoint there is a Vigil Camp that is used to fight the resident Dragon of Jormag. An NPC there will appear after killing the Claw of Jormag and sell Corrupted Weapon Recipes for about 4 silver each.

Each Recipe requires a Shaman's Etched Weapon and 30 Corrupted Lodestones to make a Corrupted Weapon. The Shaman's Etched Weapons are all exotics that seem to be obtained randomly as drops, mystic forge, map completion, etc... the Corrupted Lodestones are dropped by Icebrood creatures in that area as well, Elementals seem most common though.

Here's a thread that discusses these recipes a little bit:
http://www.guildwars...etched-weapons/

Oh and as a gift, here is a screenshot a friend of mine made after he made the weapon:
Posted Image

____
Edit:
You will need 400 Weaponsmithing if you are aiming for the Greatsword. For any others they follow the basic rules of weapon crafting. So the staff requires Artificer, bow requires Huntsman, etc...

Edited by EliteZeon, 29 September 2012 - 10:48 PM.

#5 XxHieixX

XxHieixX

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:45 AM

Thanks a million EliteZeon! That's what I was after. B)  I appreciate the assistance man.

#6 Caysen

Caysen

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TBH]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

I've heard that the chest left by Claw of Jormag can give rare/exotic weapons with these skins.  I haven't gotten one myself so I'm not 100% positive, but I've seen people linking in chat them after defeating the dragon.

Edited by Kaydin, 30 September 2012 - 04:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users