• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hi Guys, New player here I'm picking up GW2 and I had my heart set on playing a Warrior (Played a warrior in GW1) maybe a guardian.

I generally like playing a really tanky hard to beat down class, Can the warrior compete with the Guardian in this aspect or am I wasting my time?

Does anyone have any tanky warrior specs that you can link for me to take a look at (Videos welcome)

#2 Terhix

Terhix

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

Both classes can do it. Guardian has more mitigation (aegis) and can get more self healing, while Warrior generally has way more hp.

#3 Juggernautp

Juggernautp

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:04 PM

Yeah tanky hard to beat down class? your looking at guardian.

#4 Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

So two post two conflicting opinions, Can anyone else recommend any warrior streams or videos I can check out? preferably warriors running tanky specs in PVP. I'm really hoping warriors can tank aswell as guardians as I don't really like the whole "Caster melee" thing.

#5 Ship

Ship

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

In pvp, you are generally going to find the "tanky specs" are bunker guardians, they just do it better than warriors.  Warriors have superior cc and can run a very effective bruiser build with axe/mace mace shield, which has a good mix of cc, dmg, and survivability.  But no, a warrior is not going to tank as well as a guardian.  Guardians can go full tank and still run retaliation to pump out damage, a tanky shout heal hammer warrior is going to do no damage and still go down quicker than a guardian.

Edit: I exclusively play warrior and previously guardian for my team and guardians tank and node control is just plain better, retal op

Edited by Ship, 30 September 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#6 Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

That's a shame I guess I need to re-evaluate the warrior to me warrior have always been tanks, Maybe I should play as more of a skirmish class IE find a fight jump engage at an ideal moment>in>CC>burst>Disengage from what i can tell so far

So would it be fair to say Guardian vs Warrior

Healing:             Guardian>Warrior
Tanking:            Guardian>Warrior
sustained DPS:  Guardian>Warrior
Burst DPS:         Warrior>Guardian
Mobility:              Warrior>Guardian
Ranged DPS:     Warrior>Guardian
CC:                     Warrior=Guardian

So engage at range use mobility to close gap, CC, Burst then get the hell outta dodge is that an more effective playstyle for the warrior rather than going toe to toe?

#7 Saskia the Dragonslayer

Saskia the Dragonslayer

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

If you want a bunker class definetly go with guardian,it has more healing more condition removal and more skillsl to knock people off the point.My guardian weapons are mace+shield and a hammer and that is the most defensive option in the game, shield is a must have for a bunker guardian and i would also say i prefer hammer more than staff, i hope that answers your question.

#8 Washi

Washi

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RL]
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

Tanky warrior in WvW (not me by the way):

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tank, warrior, guardian, bunker, spec

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users