• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Drewy09dalty

Drewy09dalty

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Ok so I'm a noob to gw2 haveing played wow for the last 6 year. Just had a few questions regarding how to obtain sexy looking gear for pvp. I bought two gold chests and ended up with a load of crap which I can't wear, I thought I would beable to use the salvage kit on these to get some materials to craft some gear but it seems I can not. So what is the point in buying the chests? Does this excess gear just sit in the wardrobe vault thingy forever? Should I just stick to buying the armour tokens? Is this the most solid way of getting gear? Cheers for any info you can give :)

#2 mouse24

mouse24

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

Gotta use pvp salvage kits bro. You buy 'em from the exact same place as the chests.

#3 Jumpin Warfish

Jumpin Warfish

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

Now, the gear that you "buy" from vendors - the free stuff - you cannot salvage that.

The gear you buy from Glory - chests - can be opened and inside you'll find stuff. Some looks just like / almost like the stuff you got already, and some looks different.
You can either deposit it to your bank so your future alts can get some badass gear right from the get-go, or you can salvage it, using PvP Salvage Kit (bought where you buy chests, they cost 100,- and has 15 charges).

If you salvage, you will receive components that you can later use to craft more gear. If you are interested, there's a sub-forum somewhere around here that has a pretty extensive list of what gear you'll get from what ingredients..

Cheers!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvp, gear, question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users