9 replies to this topic

#1 Quentak

Quentak

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

Hi,
I've been trying to prepare my warrior for explorable dungeon runs, but only got to do a few story modes and ascalon and manor explorable. One of our friends rerolled and is still only lvl 45 so we cannot run anything higher than that. So far my build is ok, but I'd like to know if it's gonna be viable when we get to do lvl 80 explorables.

http://www.guildhead...aRmax0x0VckVoRb

For gear i use (all exotics)
- Knight armor with Soldier runes
- Knight amulet
- Berserker earrings and rings
- Valkyrie axe/axe (strength and earth sigil)
- Carrion rifle (+5% crit chance sigil)

I run around with 45% crit chance (but 100% fury uptime for 65% total), 36% or so +crit damage, 2600 armor, 1900 power and 24500 hit points.

It's meant to be both ranged (single target) and melee (aoe) dps with better than average survivability and some nice group buffs (mainly condition removal). I believe that +healing is a waste on warriors, but shout heals are still nice addition when we count in vitality/boon duration from tactics tree and soldier runes.

My questions
- Should i switch deep cuts or rending strikes for furious and use burst abilities more often or is it okay to sit on full adrenaline bar and enjoy those +12% damage from berserker's power?
- Is greatsword worth a try?
- Is 2600 armor enough?
- Should I invest in berserker weapons? I'd lose about 1500hp and gain +6% critical chance and some extra power (and +9% crit damage on rifle)
- What is a good sigil for rifle?
- What is best food for dungeons? (so far ive been using omnoberry pie for 66% chance to heal on crit)
- Is there a better off-hand option? #4 on axe is kinda redundant because I already have 100% fury uptime from FGJ and elite signet, but whirlwind still feels too good to pass up - it's my only aoe ability, it's nice combo finisher, you can move and dogde freely while chanelling it, it help with sigil procs and bleed/vulnerability stacking.

(sorry for my english, not my native language)

Edited by Quentak, 01 October 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#2 Naekuh

Naekuh

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TPAD]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

The greatsword is one of the MOST OP weapons in the game outside PVP.
(well even in PVP, if u can get your target off guard, and pop a stun+ frenzy + HB... its a game ender combo)

Theres a reason why only the greatsword has 2 legendaries, and it requires both to make a super legendary.

Theres also another reason why u hear people whine about Warriors with GS's and HB all the time on the forums.

Edited by Naekuh, 01 October 2012 - 08:27 PM.

#3 Quentak

Quentak

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

Naekuh:  Maybe I should have asked: Is greatsword worth it even if I don't want to take Slashing power? Otherwise I would have to sacrifice 10 points from Arms and lose 10% damage against bleeding target which would harm my ranged dps.

#4 Kabukae

Kabukae

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RUN]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

I am running a very similar build that I found somewhere on this forum.
http://www.guildhead...RamaG0xaVVaMRbV
Thinking about going 10 points less in Discipline and 10 more in Strength for 10% more dmg with GS, but atm this is working really well so I havent bothered.

I cant say for sure that the bleeding effect is worth it (like is it really upp 100% to get the most out of 'Attack of Opportunity'), but I would go with either 10 more in Strength or 10 more in Discipline to get more out of your crits and 10 less in Arms, switching away that 50% longer bleeds, or even 20 less in arms and go with both Strength and Discipline. Remember you can always switch traits in the dungeon. I change away my +might on GS crit in arms for the Rifle and harpoon trait and shout healing to banner healing while on bosses.

EDIT: This do work very well in explorable dungeons with switching to ranged on those bosses that tear melee dudes up. Tho imo, Healing Signet isnt worth it, it does to little compared to the spike heal Healing Surge gives. Then again with the build I run and having fury up to 100% without using the GS burst skill, I´m always having that full adrenaline for that spike heal.

Edited by Kabukae, 02 October 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#5 Quentak

Quentak

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

I cant say for sure that the bleeding effect is worth it (like is it really upp 100% to get the most out of 'Attack of Opportunity')
Attack of Opportunity is probably not that great with GS compared to Slashing Power, but it's awesome with rifle and axes (given I have Earth sigil on my offhand). Even in AoE situations Whirlwind Axe itself will stack several bleeds on all targets. Main idea was to have solid melee and ranged damage. I suppose that if switched to GS and 20/20/0/30/0 I'd have slightly better melee damage, but my ranged damage would drop at least those 10%.

I guess I'll never know until I get myself an exotic GS and try it out.

Are there any theorycrafting topics about axe/axe vs GS ?? I'd like to see some numbers :)

Healing Signet isnt worth it, it does to little compared to the spike heal Healing Surge gives.
Yeah, you are probably right. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to time it properly. So far I've been firing my burst skills nearly off cooldown. With GS I wouldn't use healing signet either.

Edited by Quentak, 02 October 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#6 Zerikin Loukbel

Zerikin Loukbel

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

Not taking furious in arms? Its really good in my experience. If you need to hit multiple targets crack shot is good, otherwise forceful greatsword is just amazing with a decent crit rate.

#7 Quentak

Quentak

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

So yesterday I got myself new amulet, rifle and greatsword

I'm now wearing full knight gear with soldier runes, knight rifle and greatsword and full berserkers jewellery.

I pack solid defense, health pool, condition removal, little extra healing and hit around 5-10k volley/killshots and 10-15k hundred blades

For traits i have
Strength up to berserker's might
Arms up to Forceful greatsword
Tactics up to Vigorous shouts

Where should i put those last ten points
Strength for Slashing power / Arms for Furious / Arms for Crack shot / Discipline for Heightened focus ???

edit: And one more question: What is the best GS sigil?

Edited by Quentak, 03 October 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#8 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DBVG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

I just posted this on the Suggestions forum in the GW2 website. I think this is an awesome idea for all warriors, especially shout warriors, and a huge shout out to the Paragon class of GW1 (If you think so too, please reply posting your approval of it)

https://forum-en.gui...n-Racial-Skills

#9 SpelignErrir

SpelignErrir

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

View PostQuentak, on 02 October 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

Attack of Opportunity is probably not that great with GS compared to Slashing Power, but it's awesome with rifle and axes (given I have Earth sigil on my offhand). Even in AoE situations Whirlwind Axe itself will stack several bleeds on all targets. Main idea was to have solid melee and ranged damage. I suppose that if switched to GS and 20/20/0/30/0 I'd have slightly better melee damage, but my ranged damage would drop at least those 10%.

I guess I'll never know until I get myself an exotic GS and try it out.

Are there any theorycrafting topics about axe/axe vs GS ?? I'd like to see some numbers :)

Yeah, you are probably right. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to time it properly. So far I've been firing my burst skills nearly off cooldown. With GS I wouldn't use healing signet either.

I'd go with signet mastery so you get more out of signet of fury.

#10 Brand

Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DBVG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

If you are going to do GS/Rifle take Heightened Focus and also grab Healing Surge. Never use your burst. Keep Adrenaline at 100% for a 9k heal, 12% damage, and 9% crit. Signet mastery is ok but not worth 9% crit. Simply switch your Arms GS trait to the Arms Rifle trait when entering a ranged fight (Nente in AC). Slashing power = 10% damage with GS+spear, Heightened Focus = 9% crit with all your weapons. Clearly Heightened focus is the best option here, and provides reason to keep your adrenaline at max to gain all those nice things (Also with a shout build you don't want to have to worry about your burst skill/adrenaline use anyway, too much to juggle)

To push further, FGJ = 10 seconds of fury (25 second CD), Signet of rage = 40 seconds of fury (60 Second CD) Meaning during that 60 seconds you get 70 seconds of fury = constant fury = no need for signet mastery.

This is your build: 10/20/0/30/10

Edited by Brand, 06 November 2012 - 04:30 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shouts, axe, rifle, pve, dungeons, build, warrior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users