Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Is the Gearblade from the Mystic Forge?

sword weapon gearblade forge pvp

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Libertine Lush

Libertine Lush

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

When an item, specifically this one http://www.gw2db.com...53708-gearblade, is listed in databases, but not found at vendors or TP, does that mean it must be a Mystic Forge item or are some items there as placeholders by the devs (as there are over 100 exotic level 80 swords listed at GW2DB)?

Also, I found this post (http://www.guildwars...60#entry1871380) where someone does in fact mention the Gearblade; however, he got it from the sPVP Mystic Forge.  If a weapon exists in the sPVP Mystic Forge will it also exist in the Lion's Arch Mystic Forge?

Thanks for your help.

#2 Quixoticism

Quixoticism

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

That's a common skin you don't need the forge to make it.

#3 matsif

matsif

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

go to lornar's pass and kill the steam creatures, I haven't gotten that particular sword but I've gotten the dagger, staff, warhorn, shield, pistol, greatsword, and shortbow from there already by just doing the world event surrounding them.

you get the skin for free, then buy a cheap exotic with a crappy skin off the TP and transmute it.

#4 Libertine Lush

Libertine Lush

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostQuixoticism, on 01 October 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

That's a common skin you don't need the forge to make it.

View Postmatsif, on 01 October 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

go to lornar's pass and kill the steam creatures, I haven't gotten that particular sword but I've gotten the dagger, staff, warhorn, shield, pistol, greatsword, and shortbow from there already by just doing the world event surrounding them.

you get the skin for free, then buy a cheap exotic with a crappy skin off the TP and transmute it.

So the drops from the steam creatures would be one or maybe several of the swords listed in the "Same Model" section (http://www.gw2db.com...53708-gearblade)?

How long do you guess it would take to finally come across this sword drop--Hours?  And is there a specific region of Lornar's Pass that has the densest amount of these creatures?  I only faintly recall this zone, i.e., dying a handful of times in the southernmost region.

Thank you.

#5 Caysen

Caysen

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TBH]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

It's the Tier 1 Charr cultural weapon.  You can get drops that use the skin as stated above, or you can get one from the Black Citadel for 9800 Karma.  Cultural weapons aren't race specific like cultural armor is.

View PostLibertine Lush, on 01 October 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

And is there a specific region of Lornar's Pass that has the densest amount of these creatures?
There are a lot steam creatures near Lamentation Waypoint, on the central-east part of the zone.

#6 Quixoticism

Quixoticism

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:16 AM

I'm pretty confident that you can find the skin from the karma vendors in the Fields of Ruin.

#7 Libertine Lush

Libertine Lush

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostKaydin, on 01 October 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

It's the Tier 1 Charr cultural weapon.  You can get drops that use the skin as stated above, or you can get one from the Black Citadel for 9800 Karma.  Cultural weapons aren't race specific like cultural armor is.


There are a lot steam creatures near Lamentation Waypoint, on the central-east part of the zone.

Wow!  So I went to check in Black Citadel.  It's not for 9800 karma; that one has a different skin.  But for 63,000 karma I can get it.  So I'll just farm a bit more and I'll have it!  Thank you so very much for that bit of info.  There is another sword whose appearance I like as well, though not as much, which would have required yet more dungeon grinding.  So having this option, through karma, is just incredible.  You've saved me a great deal of time.  Though I'll still have to grind Arah for the coat I want.  Presumably no skins elsewhere for that.  So I'll just need to figure which area is best for farming Karma.  While leveling I believe Straits of Devastation or Malchor's Leap had the most people zerging.

And I guess I could also farm Lornar's Pass to save on Karma, though there's the uncertainty of how long that would take.

View PostQuixoticism, on 02 October 2012 - 12:16 AM, said:

I'm pretty confident that you can find the skin from the karma vendors in the Fields of Ruin.

Presumably it would be the same amount of karma points?  Also I don't see any karma vendors in that region (checked with gw2cartographers.com).

#8 resistentialist

resistentialist

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

Severed Breach Sword is from a karma vendor in Fireheart Rise.  I can't recall which one, but there is a waypoint called "Severed Breach" near the middle of the south edge of the map - I'd try there.

Edited by resistentialist, 02 October 2012 - 01:02 AM.


#9 Quixoticism

Quixoticism

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

#6 http://dulfy.net/201...ma-vendor-list/

I think that's the one, worth checking out for a few hundred karma.

#10 Libertine Lush

Libertine Lush

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

View Postresistentialist, on 02 October 2012 - 01:01 AM, said:

Severed Breach Sword is from a karma vendor in Fireheart Rise.  I can't recall which one, but there is a waypoint called "Severed Breach" near the middle of the south edge of the map - I'd try there.

View PostQuixoticism, on 02 October 2012 - 01:04 AM, said:

#6 http://dulfy.net/201...ma-vendor-list/

I think that's the one, worth checking out for a few hundred karma.

You guys are just incredible.  I went to the Karma vendor in Fields of Ruin.  Indeed it's just 231 Karma.  Just a couple posts above I was so thrilled to spend 63,000 karma on this skin, instead of having to grind dungeons.  And now this.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for sharing all this info.  You've saved me a profound amount of time and frustration from having to grind another week of dungeons.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sword, weapon, gearblade, forge, pvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users