• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bard

Bard

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

I'm sorry i was looking for a few minutes but i'm not entirely sure about the section i'm posting in.
I am looking for people to do CoE and Arah explorable with. I want the top piece from CoE and the pauldrons from Arah so it's not a big amouth of runs to do with the max reward of 60. Hoping there are people in a similar situation as me.
I am willing to change servers for this since the only thing people do here is cof cof and cof to the point of me wanting to punch a baby reading world chat.
I am a staff ele ingame contacts: iriyabran.6218

Edited by Bard, 03 October 2012 - 07:20 PM.

#2 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2706 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Might help to set your current server in your Profile Settings...

I've done the hardest route of CoE  (would NOT recommend it though) and can say with some certainty that even if you could find a PuG for CoE, they likely wouldn't make it through even the easiest route.  You need a strong group of players or 'guildies' who are dedicated to it. (or who can waltz through the other dungeons half blindfolded).   Profession also matters if you expect to do more than 1 route per day so you're going to wanna be sure you have atleast 2 Stability buffs to cycle every ~10 seconds if you expect to do anything besides the Submarine route.

As for me doing it again, I'd have to get back in contact with the Mesmer who was behind our runs... haven't seen him on the past few days. :\   ...but I DO want to get started on some Arah runs soon so maybe we could work some of those out in the mean time.

Edited by ilr, 05 October 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#3 hendel65

hendel65

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

View Postilr, on 05 October 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

Might help to set your current server in your Profile Settings...

I've done the hardest route of CoE  (would NOT recommend it though) and can say with some certainty that even if you could find a PuG for CoE, they likely wouldn't make it through even the easiest route.  You need a strong group of players or 'guildies' who are dedicated to it. (or who can waltz through the other dungeons half blindfolded).   Profession also matters if you expect to do more than 1 route per day so you're going to wanna be sure you have atleast 2 Stability buffs to cycle every ~10 seconds if you expect to do anything besides the Submarine route.

Well, this just isn't true.
I pugged each path of CoE, all done within two hours. Sub path was hardest.
Just get a group who aren't completely terrible. Nearly any combo will do.

#4 Wordsworth

Wordsworth

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

View Posthendel65, on 06 October 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

Well, this just isn't true.
I pugged each path of CoE, all done within two hours. Sub path was hardest.
Just get a group who aren't completely terrible. Nearly any combo will do.

Same but Front Door was hardest for us.

I've never had to disband a group because we just couldn't do it.

#5 Bard

Bard

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

I did run both CoE and Arah with guildies. They were both fast runs. Easy CoE path was very fast i didn't even check time and we took an hour and a half on Arah path 3. But those people aren't dedicated to farming those dungeons. 1 run per day (easiest path) is OK for me as long as i have people to do it with every day for max tokens. And i mean people who know what's inside...not some random pug that decided to look for arah exp and give up on the second group of mobs cause they got annihilated or even worse give up on lupicus after wasting hours of clumsy mob killing.
Maybe at least share how's your server with dungeon runs cause as i said my server (which is ring of fire bdw) rarely runs anything other than cof. A server that has more people running those instanses has a better chance for a better pug who knows what do to.

Edited by Bard, 06 October 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#6 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2706 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Ahh...  Euro player.   Probably won't be able to help you until Guesting finally gets turned on then.  (but I will keep an eye on this in case)

Should probably ignore anyone like Hendel too isn't volunteering and therefore isn't contributing.  (sub path is easiest if you know the secret about the Golems & Alpha's AI subroutines)

Edited by ilr, 08 October 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#7 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3311 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

I only did the path with subject Alpha with PUG's, they said that was the hardest?
And we had 2 thiefs, a noob ranger (a not rezzing, not pet swapping,.. noobie) and a glass cannon warrior, and we still made it through. :)

#8 Wordsworth

Wordsworth

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

View PostGilles VI, on 08 October 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

I only did the path with subject Alpha with PUG's, they said that was the hardest?
And we had 2 thiefs, a noob ranger (a not rezzing, not pet swapping,.. noobie) and a glass cannon warrior, and we still made it through. :)

They all have Alpha, sadly.

#9 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3311 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

View PostWordsworth, on 09 October 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

They all have Alpha, sadly.

ah my bad then.

#10 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2706 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

See this is what makes Giles, Giles... he's a pathological Trump or something...

....Anyway, I unlocked Arah EXP modes last night so I'll be able to lead/start some of them.  Will probably goad my most trusted acquaintances into doing a few test runs with me rather than Pugging.  (last time I pugged a dungeon, I had to carry the entire Team and I'm too lazy for that).

Meanwhile; I contacted that mesmer and it's gonna be a week or so before he gets enough time off from fulltime work + full time schooling to start doing COE's again

Edited by ilr, 09 October 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#11 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2706 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

Decided to drop-out of this b/c I just can't see myself doing this dungeon anymore until it gets some major changes to either make it shorter, reduce Alpha's HP's or just reduce the number of appearance by Subject Alpha b/c it's just not Fun and it's definitely not been "rewarding" to me.

View PostBard, on 06 October 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

A server that has more people running those instanses has a better chance for a better pug who knows what do to.

Just want to point out that I have noticed on busier servers that going into LA often has put me in an overflow where I somehow manage to get teamed up with people from different servers and you can actually run those dungeons with them even if you can't go to the same outside world instances with them.   I still don't understand how it works, but I guarantee it makes it a lot easier to find a group that is running a particular Dungeon (and not just endless COF/CM runs).

#12 Reiden221

Reiden221

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DAoT]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Because dungeon's are an Instance, they are not assigned to any specific server like the open world.  This allows you to do them with anyone in-game, from any server.  All you have to do is add them to your party and when they enter the dungeon, they'll join your instance.
On a related note, due to the Global naming system, this also allows you to invite anyone that is playing the game to your party, regardless of what server they are on, so you don't have to meet up with them on the overflow to form a party for dungeons.

#13 NachyoChez

NachyoChez

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

View PostReiden221, on 29 October 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

Because dungeon's are an Instance, they are not assigned to any specific server like the open world.  This allows you to do them with anyone in-game, from any server.  All you have to do is add them to your party and when they enter the dungeon, they'll join your instance.
On a related note, due to the Global naming system, this also allows you to invite anyone that is playing the game to your party, regardless of what server they are on, so you don't have to meet up with them on the overflow to form a party for dungeons.
Ok, now I HAVE to try this out!!!

#14 Murmer

Murmer

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

View PostReiden221, on 29 October 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

This is absolutely true, and more people should know this. I run dungeons with my guild who are cross server actually. It's rather interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users