• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Sanctum of Rall: what happened to us to explain our sudden domination of DH/SF?

sor sanctum of rall

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Keops

Keops

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

For those not from the server, the last 1 week match-up was against these 2 servers and we finished last.  Sorrow's Furnace was way ahead and we were really close with Darkhaven.

But since a few days we have been dominating and now we have (or had) 100%:
http://i.imgur.com/FYMlC.jpg

It's great that we dominate the other servers that used to be better now, but I do not understand how we achieved it.

Is it possible we finally got our tactics and cooperation straight and upped our play by this much? I doubt it.

Perhaps a guild transferred to the server? If so, could they be from another timezone?

#2 biff_1802

biff_1802

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VIG]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

There are many factors for SoR's dominance over SF and DH in the last couple days.

Some of the ones currently being debated both here and on the official forums:

1) Some players on SF decided their win last week was good enough to prove they are the best server of these three, they are taking this week off or just running around WvW doing random skirmishes instead of playing strategically. Others have claimed to be slightly bored of this matchup and want things to be shaken up a bit by Friday... some would even be happy with just a color change for the teams. Due to the diminished presence of SF it has become much easier for SoR to focus efforts on beating down DH and this is now paying off.

2) Some players on DH have become extremely upset over alleged hacking/exploits perpetrated by a small number of SoR players and have rage quit the match. This comes despite the exact same accusations being made last week and not affecting the match, along with strong evidence that a few DH players are doing the exact same thing against SoR. The hacking itself doesn't seem to being doing much damage, rather its psychological effects.

3) Caedas [CDS], a medium sized guild of about 100 players, transferred from SBI to SoR starting Monday. No guilds are known to have transferred from SF to SoR this week despite rumors to the contrary.

4) [GSCH], the largest guild on SoR has improved WvW turnout in the past week as more of their players hit 80 and more organized events are scheduled by the guild. Their night crew is starting to hit its stride as well.

5) (My theory) The key tipping point was Monday night, there was a server reset for a patch, exactly at the start of prime time which is SoR's apex of strength every night. At the reset, all our PUGs got kicked out of EB then players from several of the veteran organized guilds on SoR flooded in (EPIC, FMC, WAR, VIG, FL, WF, RLL, KT) to replace them. We then drank lots of coffee, and held Stonemist for 12+ hours. This had a demoralizing effect on DH's ordinarily effective night cappers.

X) One thing that HASN'T happened: We still have no server wide organization. Everything is still being done within guilds themselves. There might be a /tell sent now and then (such as [VIG]'s GM Kiamar having a brief chat with Leader Mara from [EPIC]) but no formal organization has ever been made. We don't even have independent server forums.

That's all I can think of for now, feel free to dispute any of these or add your own reasons... this has easily been the most memorable week of WvW for me since launch weekend.

Edited by biff_1802, 04 October 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#3 Punter

Punter

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

I have noticed that we have a desire to work together this week.

Edited by Punter, 04 October 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#4 Bromance

Bromance

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

Hey guys, first post >.<,  but i'm an officer within Caedas and we are currently making the move to SoR! Only about 50 of us have switched over but hopefully CDS can start making a difference. As far as server wide organization goes our GM is in love with it, he even had a translator working with him before so we could work with the Korean guilds.
Thanks for recognizing us though, the second we got to SoR we realized it was just an entirely different environment. Everyone was much more friendly, helpful, and respectful. We hope to work with you guys a lot more and move SoR up a few tiers if possible :)

Also, just about everything in Fahrar's post seemed about right from what i've seen.
Does SoR have a server Teamspeak? Most of the top servers use it so the GMs can be in a password coded channel and speak safely about who's force is going where.

#5 brender

brender

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

View Postbiff_1802, on 04 October 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

There are many factors for SoR's dominance over SF and DH in the last couple days.

Some of the ones currently being debated both here and on the official forums:

1) Some players on SF decided their win last week was good enough to prove they are the best server of these three, they are taking this week off or just running around WvW doing random skirmishes instead of playing strategically. Others have claimed to be slightly bored of this matchup and want things to be shaken up a bit by Friday... some would even be happy with just a color change for the teams. Due to the diminished presence of SF it has become much easier for SoR to focus efforts on beating down DH and this is now paying off.

2) Some players on DH have become extremely upset over alleged hacking/exploits perpetrated by a small number of SoR players and have rage quit the match. This comes despite the exact same accusations being made last week and not affecting the match, along with strong evidence that a few DH players are doing the exact same thing against SoR. The hacking itself doesn't seem to being doing much damage, rather its psychological effects.

3) Caedas [CDS], a medium sized guild of about 100 players, transferred from SBI to SoR starting Monday. No guilds are known to have transferred from SF to SoR this week despite rumors to the contrary.

4) [GSCH], the largest guild on SoR has improved WvW turnout in the past week as more of their players hit 80 and more organized events are scheduled by the guild. Their night crew is starting to hit its stride as well.

5) (My theory) The key tipping point was Monday night, there was a server reset for a patch, exactly at the start of prime time which is SoR's apex of strength every night. At the reset, all our PUGs got kicked out of EB then players from several of the veteran organized guilds on SoR flooded in (EPIC, FMC, WAR, VIG, FL, WF, RLL, KT) to replace them. We then drank lots of coffee, and held Stonemist for 12+ hours. This had a demoralizing effect on DH's ordinarily effective night cappers.

X) One thing that HASN'T happened: We still have no server wide organization. Everything is still being done within guilds themselves. There might be a /tell sent now and then (such as [VIG]'s GM Kiamar having a brief chat with Leader Mara from [EPIC]) but no formal organization has ever been made. We don't even have independent server forums.

That's all I can think of for now, feel free to dispute any of these or add your own reasons... this has easily been the most memorable week of WvW for me since launch weekend.

The reality:

Just to explain, that "happened" in SoR was basically an alliance of timezone (morning and afternoon) transfered for SoR, and during the night, also has new guild's.

My friend was in a guild of Stormbluff Isle, the guild moved to his Sanctum of Hall.

Edited by brender, 04 October 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#6 yahikodrg

yahikodrg

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TOR]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Also, SF lost Primordial Dragons [Drgn] which (even tho they didn't really lead well) was a lot of WvWers

#7 Keops

Keops

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Thanks for the great summary Biff.

What a stupid thing to do.  Because of this, in their next matchup they might be put against weaker servers, not stronger.  SoR might be put up against much stronger servers.

So if they decide to WvW again in full force they will really have it too easy and this will be boring for them.

#8 yahikodrg

yahikodrg

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TOR]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostKeops, on 04 October 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

Thanks for the great summary Biff.

What a stupid thing to do.  Because of this, in their next matchup they might be put against weaker servers, not stronger.  SoR might be put up against much stronger servers.

So if they decide to WvW again in full force they will really have it too easy and this will be boring for them.

It isn't just some people are taking a break we lost a major WvW guild on SF =/

#9 frostmaw

frostmaw

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Others have claimed to be slightly bored of this matchup  . . .

And I'm sure some players just got a little bored of consistent, daily WvW, and went to do something else in the game, or played another game, or whatever.  Matching servers competitively will be a difficult challenge for Anet.  How well a server plays one week may have nothing to do with how well it plays the following week.  It is "casual PvP", after all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users