• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Gifts can be used for EXOTICS! Help discover!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 phillukin

phillukin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hey guys,

On the official forums Lindsey Murdock (game designer) confirmed that the Gifts can ALSO be used for standard exotics.

https://forum-en.gui...ool-new-weapons

"There are some recipes that use a Gift for a named Exotic weapon. Jormag’s Breath is not one of them."

I created this thread in hope that people will help discover what those recipes are and what they create. So if anybody has any gifts would you beable to try out some recipes?

Just a HINT: You only need 1 material to test to see if the recipe works, when you put it in the mystic forge it would say that you need XXX amount of each material to complete.

So anybody with a gift already, please try mixing it with some hilts/blades/ectos/shards/eldritch/bloodstone/ and etc

Edited by phillukin, 04 October 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#2 Treble

Treble

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2239 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

I don't think most people farming Gifts will be wasting them on making exotics.

#3 Frehya

Frehya

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

I don't think he wants you to actually click the "forge"-Button, but to put in stuff so we can see some possible combinations.

#4 Elr3d

Elr3d

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

While I'm not actively farming for my legendary (I see that more as a long term goal), as soon as I get a gift of any kind I'll start making tests to figure out recipes ;)

#5 Failth

Failth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

I have only been testing with Gift of wood and I can only share what it  does NOT work with... Not much help but oh well I am trying hard! Trust me!
Gift of wood does NOT go together with: Any T6 Fine materials, Any of the orbs, Any of the T6 Common Crafting materials, Any of the T6 Cooking Materials, Scroll, Mystic coins, Longbow Stave.

I guess the parts you need have to be more unique...? Or maby gift of wood does not make any exotics :( Guess I will try with gift of exp/battle next

Edited by Failth, 04 October 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#6 niie

niie

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

I would more lean towards the gifts in question being the dungeon gifts and not something akin to the Gift of Wood.  The dungeon gifts only are used for a couple of legendary's a piece.  These gifts are increasingly easy to obtain and would stand to reason that they are more useful than making the individual weapon specific gifts.

Anyone with a dungeon gift should be trying to see if they will combine with anything outside of the legendary gift recipes.

#7 Zwizzcy

Zwizzcy

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

I've try gift of ascalon. The result is It's cannot be put in the Mystic forge. :(

May be gift of Might , Magic ?

#8 Failth

Failth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Hmm.. Since I bought Nightmare chest I don't have enough tokens for gift from the deungeons anymore :/
Let's hope somebody else can do some testing with those!

#9 LostMK

LostMK

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

View PostFailth, on 04 October 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

Hmm.. Since I bought Nightmare chest I don't have enough tokens for gift from the deungeons anymore :/
Let's hope somebody else can do some testing with those!

dungeon gifts don't even go in the forge, they are craft only

#10 Failth

Failth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostLostMK, on 04 October 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

dungeon gifts don't even go in the forge, they are craft only

Oh ye the guy above me said so, sorry my bad.

#11 conebone69

conebone69

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

i forget to discover/see if something is compatible at the weaponsmith crafter do you need the max stack? for example all the exotic greatswords that haven't been discovered yet will require 250 GS ori blades for sure, do i need 250 ori blades to see if it's compatible with a gift of XYZ? or will just 1 blade do?

#12 YggdraAshlander

YggdraAshlander

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

Only one, imagine the pain it would be otherwise !

#13 deathTouch2k

deathTouch2k

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:54 AM

I have pretty much every gift for the Juggernaut right now. I'll see if any of them work.

I'm not going to try any of them though because, well, I want to finish my Juggernaut lol...

#14 Asomal

Asomal

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

View PostdeathTouch2k, on 05 October 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

I have pretty much every gift for the Juggernaut right now. I'll see if any of them work.

I'm not going to try any of them though because, well, I want to finish my Juggernaut lol...

Oh come on! For the sake of science, sacrifices must be done!

#15 conebone69

conebone69

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

View PostdeathTouch2k, on 05 October 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

you don't have to craft any but can you just put 1 gift in and see if its compatible with things like scrolls/ ori greatsword blades/ lodestones/mystic coins

Edited by conebone69, 05 October 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#16 deathTouch2k

deathTouch2k

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

So far:

Gift of Metal, Gift of Battle and Gift of Fortune  do NOT combine with:

c. dust
Ectos
crystals
Gem orbs
mystic coins

#17 conebone69

conebone69

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

has anyone tried putting a gift at a 400 weaponsmith, not just mystic forge? i mean a dungeon gift, not the 10g ones

Edited by conebone69, 05 October 2012 - 07:43 AM.

#18 Weekender

Weekender

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Arrk]
  • Server:Vabbi

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostdeathTouch2k, on 05 October 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

So far:

c. dust
Ectos
crystals
Gem orbs
mystic coins
what about escrolls and lodestones?

Edited by Weekender, 05 October 2012 - 07:57 AM.

#19 Criminon

Criminon

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LOST]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

View PostdeathTouch2k, on 05 October 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

So far:

c. dust
Ectos
crystals
Gem orbs
mystic coins

Is there any possible way you could try to put the 200 and the 50 skillpoint items (bloodstone shard and eldritch scroll) in with the gift of metal, and then an orch gs blade? I'm almost 100% positive that that will result in the exotic Foefire. I created an account just for this. lets hope. :0

Edited by Criminon, 05 October 2012 - 08:23 AM.

#20 Snowulf

Snowulf

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Guild Tag:[UT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

View PostCriminon, on 05 October 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

Is there any possible way you could try to put the 200 and the 50 skillpoint items (bloodstone shard and eldritch scroll) in with the gift of metal, and then an orch gs blade? I'm almost 100% positive that that will result in the exotic Foefire. I created an account just for this. lets hope. :0

the last mat you would need for that is likely 250 of a rare item, since the mesmer phantasmic weapons all require 250 ecto. (possibly something blue colored since purple glowing weapons from 250 purple glowing rare mats :P )

Also, dat chain on those guardian ghost weapons is awesome.

Edited by Snowulf, 05 October 2012 - 08:50 AM.

#21 Criminon

Criminon

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

View PostSnowulf, on 05 October 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

the last mat you would need for that is likely 250 of a rare item, since the mesmer phantasmic weapons all require 250 ecto. (possibly something blue colored since purple glowing weapons from 250 purple glowing rare mats :P )

Also, dat chain on those guardian ghost weapons is awesome.

Gift of Metal - Bloodstone Shard - Eldritch Scroll - Orchacalm Greatsword Blade x250 = I'm pretty sure Foefire's Essence.

This is my guess. I might be wrong on which gift it is, but I'm fairly positive those would be the mats. Look up what is in gift of metal if you're confused about the "250 rare items". There are 250x4 rare items in the gift.

#22 conebone69

conebone69

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

View PostCriminon, on 05 October 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

Gift of Metal - Bloodstone Shard - Eldritch Scroll - Orchacalm Greatsword Blade x250 = I'm pretty sure Foefire's Essence.

This is my guess. I might be wrong on which gift it is, but I'm fairly positive those would be the mats. Look up what is in gift of metal if you're confused about the "250 rare items". There are 250x4 rare items in the gift.

can you tell us why you think bloodstone shard is part of the equation for foefire weapons?

#23 Criminon

Criminon

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

View Postconebone69, on 05 October 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

can you tell us why you think bloodstone shard is part of the equation for foefire weapons?

It was shown that both the bloodstone shard and the escroll are required to make  anamolus (correct me on the name) the exotic focus. So it's not far fetched to think that the Foefire weapons require similar mats.

Edited by Criminon, 05 October 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#24 Failth

Failth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

View PostCriminon, on 05 October 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

I hope ur right, but then again if gift of wood does not go together with the scroll or the longbow stave I am not sure how that would work either.

I would guess that you can ''upgrade'' the AC weapons somehow to foefire ones, oh well just a wild guess..

#25 Criminon

Criminon

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostFailth, on 05 October 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

I hope ur right, but then again if gift of wood does not go together with the scroll or the longbow stave I am not sure how that would work either.

I would guess that you can ''upgrade'' the AC weapons somehow to foefire ones, oh well just a wild guess..

I was also wondering if the AC weapons might have something to do with it. My original thoughts before finding out the gift of ascalon couldn't go into the forge was:

Gift of Ascalon - Bloodstone Shard - Eldritch Scroll - 250 Orch Blades or something similar. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

I was also (wishful thinking) thinking that it would be nice if you could put 4 AC greatswords in and have it spit out a ghastly greatsword that stayed blue.

Regardless, this is just purely speculation. Hopefully something comes out of it. I'm dying to get a Foefire.

#26 Failth

Failth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

View PostCriminon, on 05 October 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

Regardless, this is just purely speculation. Hopefully something comes out of it. I'm dying to get a Foefire.

I second this. The longbow is my wet dream!
Yesterday night I spent hours running around Ascalon, speaking to all NPC's and trying to find any clues around there about how to craft it. Nothing ;/

#27 Criminon

Criminon

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

View PostFailth, on 05 October 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

I second this. The longbow is my wet dream!
Yesterday night I spent hours running around Ascalon, speaking to all NPC's and trying to find any clues around there about how to craft it. Nothing ;/

I've collected 1,500+ tears and I have also done the same. The gift was the last thing I purchased. I was fairly confident that it would be used after seeing the dev forum post. I'm just hoping they issue another statement on them, or someone more intelligent than myself figures it out.

Edited by Criminon, 05 October 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#28 conebone69

conebone69

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

I was also wondering if the AC weapons might have something to do with it. My original thoughts before finding out the gift of ascalon couldn't go into the forge was:

Gift of Ascalon - Bloodstone Shard - Eldritch Scroll - 250 Orch Blades or something similar. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

I was also (wishful thinking) thinking that it would be nice if you could put 4 AC greatswords in and have it spit out a ghastly greatsword that stayed blue.

i'm kinda in the same spot and just waiting for either the foefires or volcanus to get discovered first. i'm getting whichever is discovered first

have you experimented with the gift of ice for it? if the mist weapons require ectos which are purple are any indications of a pattern. and you already tried a AC gift, ice seems like the only one left

Edited by conebone69, 05 October 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#29 mappam

mappam

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

Could someone please explain what you guys are talking about = gifts?

I may be to low a level to have gotten a 'gift' but I am completely lost while reading this post.

#30 Failth

Failth

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

I farmed AC today to get one of the ghostly weapons. So far the Ghastly longbow does not work with the scroll, crystals or any of the lodestones, either it works with the T6 fine mats etc. etc. so seems like you prolly cannot upgrade it? Unless you need something rlly unique again

Edited by Failth, 05 October 2012 - 01:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users