• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Which armor set is best for my lvl80 warrior?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Woutsie

Woutsie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

I'm thinking of buying a full set by spending just karma, not gold.

But are the stats on the armor the same as armor that would cost gold?

http://wiki.guildwar...mor_of_Melandru
Is this recommended for a Warrior? It has alot of Power.
I noticed that all (or most?) karma armor looks the same?

Or any other armor set with better stats? Please help me out :)
All armor sets:http://wiki.guildwar...t_of_armor_sets

#2 Ryoto

Ryoto

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

All of the karma armor looks the same for the gods, just different stats. I might get Melandru as well, but I have a Grenth chestplate :/

#3 supacc

supacc

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

knight's armor gives you everything you need.  supplement whatever stats you feel are missing with the jewelery section.

#4 Woutsie

Woutsie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

View Postsupacc, on 04 October 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

knight's armor gives you everything you need.  supplement whatever stats you feel are missing with the jewelery section.
where is that knights armor?

#5 Naekuh

Naekuh

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TPAD]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

View Postsupacc, on 04 October 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

IT doesnt give you VIT.

AC dungeon's + lvl80 exotic karma gear as said 13489343280324 times gives you (Power + Toughness + Vit).
Knight gives you Power + Toughness + Precision....  NO VIT!!!!

You can be a glass cannon, and unless u have a extremely large endurance or recharge endurance like crazy, a glass cannon wont work 90% of the time on warriors.

Were meant to face tank.. or try to face tank long enough to pull off a burst DPS.
Not sit all pretty with rangers and Spike DPS from a distance.

Precision can be suplimented by the fact you put 30 points into precision for Rifle + GS skills.
Also with 20 in tatics you get 9% extra crit at full adren, which pushes the typical well stated warrior to about 60% crit.  

So the 100-150 points lost from the missing precision on armor is moot.
And if your on a shout / banner built... 20% u gain from FGJ overlaps the missing precision so your not missing ANYTHING.

Edited by Naekuh, 04 October 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#6 XionValkyrie

XionValkyrie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostNaekuh, on 04 October 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

IT doesnt give you VIT.

AC dungeon's + lvl80 exotic karma gear as said 13489343280324 times gives you (Power + Toughness + Vit).

You can be a glass cannon, and unless u have a extremely large endurance or recharge endurance like crazy, a glass cannon wont work 90% of the time on warriors.

Were meant to face tank.. or try to face tank long enough to pull off a burst DPS.

Precision can be suplimented by the fact you put 30 points into precision for Rifle + GS skills.
Also with 20 in tatics you get 9% extra crit at full adren, which pushes the typical well stated warrior to about 60% crit.  

And if your on a shout / banner built... 20% u gain from FGJ overlaps the missing precision so your not missing ANYTHING.

If you're a shout/banner build you'd already have 30 in tactics which is +300 vitality, not to mention an already gigantic base HP pool.  

You're trading off 2240 vital for 224 precision.  At 80 wearing full knight's armor, berserker accessories/weapon, soldier runes, and 30 in tactics, I have 25300 HP or so, the extra 2240 HP from the 224 vitality would be slightly less than a 10% increase in HP, and the 224 precision would be a slightly higher than 10% increase in crit%.    However, if your crit goes from 40% to 50%, then that's actually a 25% increase in crit compared to a 10% increase in HP.   Either way, I think it really comes down to preference, whether you want slightly more survivability or slightly more damage.  

You also have to take into account that Knight's armor has 224 power vs Invader's 315, but 315 toughness vs Invader's 224.   So again, you're trading off about 91 power for toughness.   So Invaders a bit of damage via crit loss, but does a bit more via power, whereas knight loses a bit of survivability via HP, but gains it in toughness.  

I specced for GS, so having higher crit gets me more vulnerabilty/bleeding/might stacks, so I like the crit from Knight more.

#7 Millimidget

Millimidget

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

You can be a glass cannon, and unless u have a extremely large endurance or recharge endurance like crazy, a glass cannon wont work 90% of the time on warriors
Not stacking vitality does not make you a glass cannon.

/facepalm

Burst DPS = Spike DPS. You obviously meant sustained DPS, which warriors can offer, but not by stacking power/toughness/vitality.

I do run full Arms, but I'd rather determine my traits based off the skills they offer than by the stats they provide.

#8 tarquin

tarquin

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

IT doesnt give you VIT.

[b]Precision can be suplimented[/i] by the fact you put 30 points into precision for Rifle + GS skills.

and survivability can be supplimented if you take note of boss attack patterns/animations and dodge/block/move away.

the true advantage of defensive stats = you can be lazy/terrible fps/terrible player and survive a little longer.
the true advantage of offensive stats = you can deal far more damage unless you're in one of the few encounters that are impossible for melee.

#9 Lord Nibiru

Lord Nibiru

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

You can't be glass cannon in PvE as melee warrior. You just can't. You need at least some type of defensive stat.

I've done some comparation between main sets, and this is set I am using (I am still working on it):

Valkyrie set, it gives you power (315), vitality (224), critical dmg (+12%).

It gives you as much power as Berserker's set, same as critical dmg.
Knight's armor gives you far more less dmg (224), doesn't gives you critical dmg, but gives you some precision (224) and toughness (315).

In traits I'm going 30 in defense, giving me 300 toughness, which is just 15 points less then what full Knight's set gives.

Toughness is a tricky pony, doubling your toughness doesn't doubles your armor.
Also, the more dmg is dealt to you, toughness becomes less effective.
Condition dmg ignores toughness.
This is where Vitality becomes strong choice to have in your armor set.

Getting 315 toughness, while already having 2,737 will not help me much, yes, it will boost my defense for about 11%, but that isn't as much as how much 224 vitality (+2240HP) will boost me.

Having this in mind, I went for Valkyrie as best set to boost my defense and survivability, because it also gives me far more dmg output then Knight's.

From set+weapons+traits and amulets, I'm having 35% critical chance, with +58% critical dmg. This will go further up when I get runes for armor and change my back accessory.

tldr. Having +Vitality is more effective then +toughness from armor set (Valkyrie>Knight's). It's much more balanced in form of survivability and dmg output then any other armor set. At least for me.

#10 Naekuh

Naekuh

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TPAD]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

My STATS:

Posted Image

I have sacrificed toughness.. and guess what? i do notice it... Especially in PVP.
I have sacrificed Pecisions and its not that missed because of your other skills.
I have sacrificed Vit and that you notice VERY quickly.
I have sacrificed PWR, as well, and you realize things wont die in 1 burst combo.

My warrior is not a substained DPS warrior.
I do Burst, pull back with rifle recharge health, then weapon swap in the 5 second duration back to GS and unleash another combo.

I typically let the guardian handle the substain DPS and Face Tanking when im in the rifle portion of my combo.

Meh well im not here to tell anyone how to play.
I realized this is what was the most effecitive for me.... it may or may not apply to you.
But stats never lie... look at my stats and compare then with yours.

If you think my stats are weak, then go with your build, i wont lose sleep.

View PostLord Nibiru, on 05 October 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

tldr. Having +Vitality is more effective then +toughness from armor set (Valkyrie>Knight's). It's much more balanced in form of survivability and dmg output then any other armor set. At least for me.

Having BOTH is even better.
Were talking the AC dungeon gear + karma gear from lvl80 exotics.
They have Power + Vit + Toughness as the stat.

In PvE, your not missing that much by adding toughness to replace your crit severity.
If anything it allows you to stay in a bit longer to unleash a full combo, instead of rolling out at the end.

But i do agree with you... mixing valkyre for power+vit is kinda important, which is why u see the entire bottom row of my accessories being Beryl and not Ruby like that top.

Edited by Naekuh, 05 October 2012 - 05:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users