Brand

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DBVG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

View PostRohkstorm, on 11 December 2012 - 06:41 AM, said:

I understand, but I just find the whole discussion a bit pointless. Especially with people claiming one weapon is better than the other solely based on those numbers. :P
See, you can only go so far before you add in other skills and sigils like Ranger did. Greatsword and Axe+Axe are two sides of the same coin, the coin being damage. If you use both with a max damage build that has no survivability, they are going to be about the same. The weapons are different because of the utility behind them, and you can't quantify how easy it is for a person to use either weapon. Everyone is different, just like all builds are different.

View PostMrCats, on 11 December 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

I don't believe i name the build everytime i post when i do mention it. I think the main one was the for the thread about the warrior/ele combo but other than that i rarely throw out my build in other posts. I may mention the sword and crits but that's about it. But yes, i've been more active theese days, been on the forum more than playing recently. Can't really be bothered to farm money.
Yes, you don't name your build, that was part of my point. You do bring it up fairly often though, and there's no doubt that you would bring it up more if you were as active as me. Fact of the matter is, if you have a build that you made, it becomes the easiest reference point for any discussion pertaining to a concept of that build. Like if you made cookies, and someone complained about another brand of cookie's texture, you might say, "In my cookies we use cream instead of milk, it gives them a much nicer texture."

View Postchullster, on 11 December 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

No Brand, I notice you more as you have an annoying habit of spamming threads more, simple.

Why would I even remember you if I didn't keep seeing your spam in so many warrior threads?

Stop being annoying and insulting.
An annoying habit of spamming threads more? You mean... Being active? Seriously, look through my content. Count all of the topics I respond to that don't have anything to do with a build like Sonic Boon, where I mention Sonic Boon. Just because my name pops up a lot doesn't mean anything except that I'm active. Calling me out for mentioning my build is like being at an icecream shop, whee people talk about icecream, and I tell you passively that the icecream I make is really good but not for everyone. If you don't like people being active, generating discussion, etc. then perhaps you should not partake in the forums.

I don't know? The same reason I know who you, Sithicus, MrCats, Strife, Eqo, Lilitu, Red_Falcon, and a hundred other are? They aren't as active as me, but I remember them all. Again, just because I'm active, doesn't mean that I advertise my build in every thread.

Annoying? Do you ever even read my posts? They are almost always filled with math or logical discussions, things people want in a forum. This isn't your personal guild chat, this is a place for discussion, builds, debates and arguments. As for the insulting bit, that's pretty hypocritical of you, seeing as this all started due to a insulting comment against me that wasn't warranted in any way.

You didn't even make a counter argument to what I said that was on topic. You called a shout build mediocrity and I refuted you, yet you said nothing about it. Clearly you are just posting here to comment against me, seeing as that was half of the subject matter in your original post.

How about you don't waste people's time with entire posts based around your petty disapproval of my forum activity, and actually contribute to the discussion at hand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users