#31 Winterfell

Winterfell

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostTouche, on 05 November 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

No doubt.  I personally prefer condition mesmerized but I found the inability to deal with necros frustrating. I tried out all of the builds you mentioned.  I like running 10 30 0 0 30 with a GS and 0 30 20 0 30 with a staff. Still jumping around builds. Can't seem to stick to one haha.

And winter could you post the guardian video without that song? Can't watch it in the US.

Sure, btw 0/30/20/0/30 is not possible man, you need minus 10 somewhere :P

Video:

#32 Touche

Touche

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostWinterfell, on 06 November 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

Sure, btw 0/30/20/0/30 is not possible man, you need minus 10 somewhere :P

Video:

Oops meant 0 20 20 0 30 Was on my phone when I wrote that.. just noticed I wrote mesmerized too haha.

I also like 0 20 20 0 30 since it's pretty much identical to my condition/shatter build so all I have to do is switch some traits and runes around.

Edited by Touche, 06 November 2012 - 02:46 PM.

#33 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostTouche, on 05 November 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

No doubt.  I personally prefer condition mesmerized but I found the inability to deal with necros frustrating. I tried out all of the builds you mentioned.  I like running 10 30 0 0 30 with a GS and 0 30 20 0 30 with a staff. Still jumping around builds. Can't seem to stick to one haha.

And winter could you post the guardian video without that song? Can't watch it in the US.

Mate have a look at this vid, is kinda show alot around the spec and gearsetup I use but also show othear wepsetups but same spec that my guildie use:

#34 Touche

Touche

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

View Postosicat, on 06 November 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Mate have a look at this vid, is kinda show alot around the spec and gearsetup I use but also show othear wepsetups but same spec that my guildie use:

Watching it now. You have the best music choice ever. So funny with your asuran jumping around to it haha.

WvWvW I think Staff sword/pistol, GS sword/pistol and GS sword/focus(mobility in WvWvW) are definetly nice ;) I cant get used to the sword/sword combo, I've tried it on the shantasm? build by xee and did not like it. I know it can hit hard and should be used close up for instant hits but it feels awkward as it also replaces the illusionary swordsman. Guess I might need more practice before I use it. Otherwise I think all those weapon combos are viable and as a mesmer using it's versatility is key so I like to switch around whenever possible.

Also without portal use in combat I think the shatter spec does not reach it's full potential. I've just recently started using it and I feel like a completely different player now.

I've noticed you don't use Decoy or null field. Do you sometimes feel exposed against backstab thieves without decoy or condition necros without null field?

P.S. Can't find your build or stats to look at for some reason. Is it in another vid?

Edited by Touche, 06 November 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#35 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

View PostTouche, on 06 November 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

Watching it now. You have the best music choice ever. So funny with your asuran jumping around to it haha.

WvWvW I think Staff sword/pistol, GS sword/pistol and GS sword/focus(mobility in WvWvW) are definetly nice ;) I cant get used to the sword/sword combo, I've tried it on the shantasm? build by xee and did not like it. I know it can hit hard and should be used close up for instant hits but it feels awkward as it also replaces the illusionary swordsman. Guess I might need more practice before I use it. Otherwise I think all those weapon combos are viable and as a mesmer using it's versatility is key so I like to switch around whenever possible.

Also without portal use in combat I think the shatter spec does not reach it's full potential. I've just recently started using it and I feel like a completely different player now.

I've noticed you don't use Decoy or null field. Do you sometimes feel exposed against backstab thieves without decoy or condition necros without null field?

P.S. Can't find your build or stats to look at for some reason. Is it in another vid?

Yeah posted it in my earlier descriptions. Its a 10-30-0-0-30 build with reflection on shatters if I feel for it and other time 3% dmg/clone. Depends on my mood, both viable and strong if you know how to use em.

Nullfield and decoy is both used by  me in t/sPvP but in wvwvw where im am 80% last weeks (my guild doing it kinda serous as you see later in vid) portal is win, so is blink and I need the 2 clones for my burst.

About thiefs, I made several vids and tryed to get extra clips with thiefs in. I never had any problem with em and might make a vid with comments and slow motion to brake down how I handle em if ppl interested.

http://www.gw2build....96.10.30.0.0.30

Edited by osicat, 06 November 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#36 The_Prestiege

The_Prestiege

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Res]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

I use a variation of the shatter build here:
http://gw2skills.net...ak1sKZUy5j3HzPA

I'm surprised more people don't use torch. The stealth is amazing and if you run with a staff Ely the 2 blasts from skill 4 are great. Biggest problem with shatter builds is condition removal so I personally use sigils of purity to help deal with necros and rangers which drops damage a little (compared to bloodlust or air sigils) but it's worth it.

#37 Krisa

Krisa

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[PiNK]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostWinterfell, on 05 October 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Shatters: 2700 for each x 4 = 10800
Power to the mesmers!!!

What over 9000!!!!! lol :)

#38 Sinnacle

Sinnacle

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GH]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

View Postosicat, on 06 November 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

Yeah posted it in my earlier descriptions. Its a 10-30-0-0-30 build with reflection on shatters if I feel for it and other time 3% dmg/clone. Depends on my mood, both viable and strong if you know how to use em.

Nullfield and decoy is both used by  me in t/sPvP but in wvwvw where im am 80% last weeks (my guild doing it kinda serous as you see later in vid) portal is win, so is blink and I need the 2 clones for my burst.

About thiefs, I made several vids and tryed to get extra clips with thiefs in. I never had any problem with em and might make a vid with comments and slow motion to brake down how I handle em if ppl interested.

http://www.gw2build....96.10.30.0.0.30

I'd be interested to see this.

Edited by Sinnacle, 07 November 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#39 Lilie Mae

Lilie Mae

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

253,000 on a white mob. Does thats count? :P I think it was with Mind Wrack too xD

#40 Majigor

Majigor

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

May as well rename this thread to "Please nerf Mesmer like you just nerfed Thief"...

#41 Touche

Touche

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

View PostMajigor, on 21 November 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

May as well rename this thread to "Please nerf Mesmer like you just nerfed Thief"...

zzzz boring comment. Thieves aren't nerfed.

#42 Majigor

Majigor

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostTouche, on 21 November 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

zzzz boring comment. Thieves aren't nerfed.

Twas a reference to the official GW2 Thief forums. There has been a load of threads for and against a backstab nerf because people were one-hitting figures like this thread discusses.

Along came the nerf.

Along came my comment.

If Mesmers are hitting 16k in one pop, much like Thief was, expect the community to eventually speak up, and expect balance tweaking from Anet to compensate.

#43 Necteys

Necteys

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AnaG]
  • Server:Abaddon’s Mouth

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:59 AM

You're not so wrong Majigor...people tend to not look "behind the stage"...Thieves used to one-shot people with old signet up + Might buffed...you needed to do something before, it wasn't just pressing one button. Although for a thief it was really easy to "prepare" this compared to a mesmer.
As a mesmer you need your clones up, they have to survive until they shatter. Things which are counterable. If you meet a mesmer like osicat, they do it so fast, it's hard to counter/react. But that's okay. That's just skilled for me.
Not so skilled mesmers may have a hard time getting their clones into a group for the Big Bang Shatter.

Thieves are still hitting hard, and can outplay anyone, if they are skilled.
But before the Signet-Nerf it was just: preparing far away - jump in - kill - jump out. There was a little too small timeframe to react and counter that. Maybe it was more a problem with the stealth mechanics, than with the raw damage

#44 Majigor

Majigor

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostNecteys, on 22 November 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

You're not so wrong Majigor...people tend to not look "behind the stage"...Thieves used to one-shot people with old signet up + Might buffed...you needed to do something before, it wasn't just pressing one button. Although for a thief it was really easy to "prepare" this compared to a mesmer.
As a mesmer you need your clones up, they have to survive until they shatter. Things which are counterable. If you meet a mesmer like osicat, they do it so fast, it's hard to counter/react. But that's okay. That's just skilled for me.
Not so skilled mesmers may have a hard time getting their clones into a group for the Big Bang Shatter.

Thieves are still hitting hard, and can outplay anyone, if they are skilled.
But before the Signet-Nerf it was just: preparing far away - jump in - kill - jump out. There was a little too small timeframe to react and counter that. Maybe it was more a problem with the stealth mechanics, than with the raw damage

Exactly. The point I intended to make was that people will be unaware, or choose to overlook, all the factors that contribute to that damage. Now that the attention is less on thief, if mesmers start making threads saying "OMG I can spike 16k!", and other players who get spiked by them start saying "OMG so OP they spike for 16k..." Then it's inevitable that it will lead to changes by A-Net.

It's probably worth pointing out however that A-Net have basically admitted to overnerfing thieves, as they have created this thread: https://forum-en.gui...-gameplay/first

They are collecting feedback from the thief players themselves, and not just those ranting about being killed by them, in order to better balance the class. Nice to see some progress.

#45 Necteys

Necteys

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AnaG]
  • Server:Abaddon’s Mouth

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

We could also talk about some other profession-skills, not only the ones from thieves. Thieves are called OP so fast, because they can do a lot of their burst, without being seen before. That makes it easy to pull out for them and hard to counter.

But what about Killshot or Eviscerate from Warriors?
Yesterday I got an 11k Eviscerate from a Warrior. Besides of ranting about it, what do you mesmers do against these things?
Circumstances:
WvW
I was wearing Berserker's Gear, so little to no defensive Stats
11k of 16k HP is a lot
In WvW it's relatively easy for a Warrior to gain Adrenaline Rank 3
So he was leaping at me, while I was standing between our guards, twohitting me and backed off unharmed.
It was not a 1vs1, I tried to keep 5 men away from our door. But I only got damage from the warrior. I was waving back and forth, playing with my safety and harming them.
Any ideas how I'd have come out of such big hits. Doesn't matter if it were a Thief, Warrior, Longbow-Ranger. Anything with big hits, while I'm backing off of them.
Maybe the thoughts and experiences from other mesmers can help me up with such situations
edit: Input from the big hit classes is appreciated as well :)

Edited by Necteys, 27 November 2012 - 07:49 AM.

#46 Winterfell

Winterfell

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Mannn Im sucked into fractals:P

Video lvl 15 frac:

Still doing tournys ofc ^^ But most of the time, some of mine teammembers or me get the laoding bug major lagg, dc etc ^^

I hope you like mine PvE video:P Im still a diehard pvper (A)

#47 osicat

osicat

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

Lovely pve vid Winter, Im still sucked into wvwvw but done some fractals lately and its alot of fun. My favorite pve instances is drunk friday runs thu :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users