#1 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EON]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Finally got my way around this site (again! I was caught a little off guard by Curse asking me to sign up!). Thanks to my friends in GWGuru for pointing me back here!

Anyhow, some people may know me from Nolani as Ravenhawk and Deviantart as roguemina/Mina. I know I am just adding to the confusion by naming myself Viatrix here but..yeah it happened to be my thief's name in Guild Wars 2 (who is actually also my OC Mina/Raven's new alias..so it works!)

Brain dead/confused yet? I hope not. lol. Anyhow on to the art.

Name: Mina/Ravenhawk/Viatrix
DA Website: http://roguemina.deviantart.com
IGN: Viatrix

Quick Info: My art hobby officially kicked off last 2010 with the main goal of turning my guild's  GW1 RP storyline (the bits that are independent of the GW lore) into a graphic novel someday. Although I've been doodling since I was a kid (with 2003-2009 hiatus), my drawing skills are far from how I want the graphic novel to look like art-wise. So my learning started from there.

Quick shout out to peeps at GWGuru Nolani for helping me out/supporting me either through commissions or helpful critiques with my workshop entries in the past. Much love to you guys/gals.

Gallery

2010 (old) Works
http://roguemina.dev...allery/24647473

http://roguemina.dev...allery/34351018

~~~~~~~~~

2012 Art

Guild Wars

Eryn - Norn
http://fc06.devianta...ina-d53rji0.jpg

Mina - GW2 mesmer
http://fc08.devianta...ina-d5503fx.jpg

Murke - human necro. (I slightly modified hairstyle)
http://fc08.devianta...ina-d59qbzg.jpg

Asura Mesmer
http://fc04.devianta...ina-d5axiof.jpg

Sylvari (NSFW?)
http://fc03.devianta...ina-d5bopxy.jpg

Lyonna - Norn
http://fc03.devianta...ina-d5bz0dl.jpg

Mina - Mesmer (GW1)
http://fc09.devianta...ina-d5gb7i7.jpg

Non-Guild Wars

League of Legends Ahri
http://fc00.devianta...ina-d4ofnli.jpg
http://fc00.devianta...ina-d4ox3qo.jpg

Gift Art for a Guildie
http://th08.devianta...ina-d4zxn82.jpg

My mesmer/ranger in their graphic novel version:
http://fc03.devianta...ina-d565bk7.jpg

OC Commission
http://fc00.devianta...ina-d593z2b.jpg

Sketches/Speed Paint
Thief
http://fc03.devianta...ina-d5c3fk0.jpg

Guardian
http://fc04.devianta...ina-d5cbsfi.jpg

Thanks for looking! <3

#2 JasmineMcCoy

JasmineMcCoy

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Oota]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

*waves* nice to see you (and your art :P) again ^_^  (I guess you don't remember me but I remember you from nolani :D )

#3 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

Hey! Thanks. I think I remember you. Did I do a GW commission for you back then by any chance? Although I think the character's name was Yasmine (ranger with the moa Coco) and not Jasmine.

I apologize for the possible mix up but I do remember you from Nolani as well. Great to see you here!

EDIT - I remember now! You got that awesome mesmer commission right?   I forget who the artist was lol. And yeah I feel so stupid for not even remembering. Also we did an art trade before.

Edited by Viatrix, 05 October 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#4 JasmineMcCoy

JasmineMcCoy

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Oota]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Lol, sorry the first guess was the right one :lol: I'm no artist so I doubt we had an art trade (unless you felt a sudden love for stick figures :P), I just like to admire other people's work so I quite often sneak around here.

Edited by JasmineMcCoy, 05 October 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#5 Invertation

Invertation

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Lost]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Aha, many new additions I see. I'm liking the new brush techniques.

#6 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostJasmineMcCoy, on 05 October 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

Lol, sorry the first guess was the right one :lol: I'm no artist so I doubt we had an art trade (unless you felt a sudden love for stick figures :P), I just like to admire other people's work so I quite often sneak around here.

OMG, my bad haha. I was thinking of JasminParvaneh (I am not even sure of the spelling ).  But I am glad I got the first one right!

Thanks Invertation, CS5 default brushes are awesome lol.

#7 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Guild Tag:[bone]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

HI THERE!! :D
(I was kinda caught out by your new username...^^)

good to see you here too, with your omnom art :3

#8 ayelykepi

ayelykepi

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

you teach me how to paint hair, yes?

#9 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Boot]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Yaaaay, glad to see you here too! :) I'm loving your newest drawings, lovely use of brushwork and texture. You keep improving heaps every time I see something new from you.

#10 Gumboots

Gumboots

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Aph]

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

Awesome work! i love your sylvari (not biased at all i swear)

#11 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Hey Perrynne and Morag! *group hug*

Gumboots and Ayelykepi, nice to meet you both! And thank you :)

View Postayelykepi, on 06 October 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

you teach me how to paint hair, yes?

I always thought I screw up with hair honestly but sure I'll try to help. Basically, you treat hair as a whole initially with a big brush following the flow of the hair strands working into smaller brushes and then add highlights (esp on where the source of the light is). Not sure if that's the correct way but that's how I generally do it ^^

I guess the best example of this is my latest sketch actually (my GW2 Warrior who I haven't  leveled yet. He's  based from an original story with my guild and my Guild Wars 1 Ranger) . Will finish this someday after I am done with a commission then maybe open a sketch commission like this for like 50s to 1g? *needs more gw2 gold*

Posted Image

Edited by Viatrix, 20 October 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#12 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5204 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

Hi Roguemina/Viatrix!  I didn't realize you had started another thread :)  I'll try to remember to use your new name.

Beautiful works as always.   I still haven't completely explored your DA page, there's so much cool stuff there.

And you also pretty miffed that Deviant Art doesn't let us change our names? :P  

#13 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

Raaaaan! Lovely to see him again, though I'm slightly surprised at him turning warrior. He'll always feel like a ranger to me! :) I really like his fierce expression in this sketch, there's a ton of personality on his face.

Aaaand a side note: are you interested in joining the Wintersday calendar? Not sure if you've noticed the thread, but I'd love to have you along! Even a sketch would be awesome, though I do understand if you're too busy or not interested. Just wanted to ask. :)

#14 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Dr Overlord, actually if you have a Premium Membership you can change your name. My problem is, I can't think of a name that hasn't been taken lol.

Perynne, I posted on your Wintersday project and sure I'll do it! You said a sketch is fine too but I'll try to make an art that looks better than a sketch if time permits it. But yeah count me in. I am honored for the invite!

I'm glad you still remember Ran. I still gush over the artwork  and the comic strip you made!:

[Perynne's awesome Art]

Posted Image
Posted Image

[/Perynne's awesome Art]

Thing is, I haven't rolled him in GW2 yet so there's still a chance he'd end up as a ranger. I just figured warrior because of how his story progressed though so far, I haven't found a plate armor appealing enough for him (not that I am looking >_>)

Speaking of Ran, I polished the sketch a bit more a couple of days ago. Still a WIP. I just work on it whenever I can slip some free time between gw2 and the current commish I am working on:

Posted Image

Edited by Viatrix, 24 October 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#15 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

Oh gawd, my old art. :D Ok, I admit, I drew a handsome Ran, but I've improved with colouring tons since then so everything about that looks a bit off.... XD Perhaps I'll be inspired to draw him again at some point, he was a fun character to do.

... I made Mara in GW2. As a norn ranger. Same dirty personality though. Oh, and when you get around to rolling Ran in GW2, I want screenshots!

I love seeing WIPs, it's always amazing to see a picture change shape into a finished artwork. <3

#16 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

View PostPerynne, on 25 October 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

Oh gawd, my old art. :D Ok, I admit, I drew a handsome Ran, but I've improved with colouring tons since then so everything about that looks a bit off.... XD Perhaps I'll be inspired to draw him again at some point, he was a fun character to do.

*Squeals and runs around in circles* That would be awesome! Your rendition of Ran is hands-down one of my faves!

View PostPerynne, on 25 October 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

... I made Mara in GW2. As a norn ranger. Same dirty personality though. Oh, and when you get around to rolling Ran in GW2, I want screenshots!

Oh I'm glad you kept Mara's persona in GW2! I made an attempt to make him in Beta and might stick to this general look. I kinda miss his old GW1 hairstyle though:

Small update!  Kinda slow with art because of RL, guild rp activities and guild wars 2. But I am working on a commission for a friend atm. Looking to finish it this weekend. Here's a WIP teaser:

Spoiler

Also, contemplating on a 'pay-whatever-price-you-want' (in gw2 money) sketch commish after this while working on Perynne's GW2 Wintersday Calendar. Just not sure if anyone is gonna be interested lol

Edited by Viatrix, 07 November 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#17 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

oh I'm always interested ;)
also, loving the new piece, the muted colours are great and it's so cool to see a full background!

#18 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5204 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Awesome new artwork!  Can I ask what's the backstory of Ran and Mara?   I sense there's some history there :)  

The Wintersday calendar!   Thanks for reminding me about that.  I need to cut into my GW2 time and start doing drawings again.

View PostViatrix, on 24 October 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Dr Overlord, actually if you have a Premium Membership you can change your name. My problem is, I can't think of a name that hasn't been taken lol.
Wait, what?   I had a premium membership a while back but I didn't know about being able to change your name!   I must renew my Premium tonight, thanks Minami (Viatrix/Ravenhawk).   I can get rid of that old Deviant Art name that was an old RPG reference lol.  /happydance

Edited by Doctor Overlord, 07 November 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#19 Aaron Demonsniper

Aaron Demonsniper

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[SOUL]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostViatrix, on 07 November 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Also, contemplating on a 'pay-whatever-price-you-want' (in gw2 money) sketch commish after this while working on Perynne's GW2 Wintersday Calendar. Just not sure if anyone is gonna be interested lol
I would certainly pay for a sketch of my GW2 sylvari. The art I've seen on this thread is simply amazing. Keep up the good work, Viatrix.

#20 Gumboots

Gumboots

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Aph]

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

Oooh i'd also be very much interested in a gold commission or two, your work thus far has been very pleasant on the eyes!

#21 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

I'd be interested in a gold commission! Or an art trade, whichever you prefer. With Christmas approaching, there should be plenty of people interested in commissions, since they make good Christmas presents for guildies. ;)

Aw, Ran looks awesome as a GW2 version. I like his old hairstyle better too, since having it back would keep it out of his eyes while fighting and stuff, but that hairstyle isn't too bad. Makes him look more brooding: tall, dark, handsome with extra brood!

View PostDoctor Overlord, on 07 November 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

Awesome new artwork!  Can I ask what's the backstory of Ran and Mara?   I sense there's some history there :)  

No long history, sorry. :D Just some random silliness between Viatrix's GW1 character and my D&D character, and us wondering what would happen if they were ever to meet. Their personalities are so different that it would be hilarious.

#22 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

*blushes* Thanks all! I'll put up some samples in a day or two and maybe make a separate thread for it. Pery, I'd love an art trade with you again! But it will be awhile before I can sit down on a full blown art worthy of a trade with you. I'll let you know ;)

Gonna take a break from the high-end commission projects for a bit. I'm at a point where I want to experiment again and (hopefully) take things to the next level. I'll work on Perynne's wintersday Calendar next and the 'pay-what-you-want (in gw2 currency)' sketches.

My sketches usually look like this (and not pencil-sketch looking). I'll come up with more recent samples though.

Oh and here's the completed commission.

Posted Image

View PostPerynne, on 10 November 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

Aw, Ran looks awesome as a GW2 version. I like his old hairstyle better too, since having it back would keep it out of his eyes while fighting and stuff, but that hairstyle isn't too bad. Makes him look more brooding: tall, dark, handsome with extra brood!

lol! I hear Mara talking! Considering what happened in GW1, his GW2 version (my guildies continue our stories from GW1 and our guild lore made it convenient for us to find a way to have an explanation for the 250 year gap.) will be a little more rough around the edges. Still the same Ran we all love and hate though.

View PostPerynne, on 10 November 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

No long history, sorry. :D Just some random silliness between Viatrix's GW1 character and my D&D character, and us wondering what would happen if they were ever to meet. Their personalities are so different that it would be hilarious.

Yep! That's exactly it :D Ran was conceptualized during the time when I was an anime fangirl. So he's got the cliche dark, mysterious, brooding persona surrounding him. He hasn't outgrown that cliche persona I gave him but with the RPs and his story more fleshed out, it makes more sense now and, oddly enough, I haven't heard anyone complaining (ICly though he's pissed off some people big time)

Gonna end this here before I ramble on spoiling my comic (that I haven't worked on in months lol)

Edited by Viatrix, 12 November 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#23 MagicnaAnavi

MagicnaAnavi

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Great work Mina, she looks amazing ^^

#24 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

looks great indeed. I kinda wish there was a little shadow under her feet to connect her to the ground but otherwise I really love it!

hmm... I'd probably be smarting over Vale more than Ran... but then he looks kinda similar to Elyott so I *might* be biased XD
ANYWAY. MORE ART PLS

#25 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

Thanks Magick and Morag!  

D'oh! Good point about the shadow, Morag lol.

So..we got Morag for Vale (Seen your Elyott drawings and I see why!) and Perynne for Ran lol. Eh, been wanting to make a Ran vs Vale artwork for so long! It's been lingering in my head..someday..I shall.

Speaking of which, I mentioned about my horrible chibi drawing skills in the CC Thread. And this is the only Ran vs Vale pic that I did..not sure when was this. Sometime in 2010 for sure:

Posted Image

L-R Mina, Ran, Sylas, Vale, Phoenix and Waffle accidentally summoning a portal monster from another dimension. Typical day in Eon lol.

Seeing them normally in the comic version (chibi above is their GW1 version), they should look like this (chibi sketch is without Dani- the girl in pink at the top)

Oh and Waffle is in the comic too lol

#26 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

lol that just popped an image in my head of a chibi Mara and Eryn bitchfighting and the two guys standing by going  O__o to each other :lol:

#27 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostMorag D, on 13 November 2012 - 08:04 AM, said:

lol that just popped an image in my head of a chibi Mara and Eryn bitchfighting and the two guys standing by going  O__o to each other :lol:

lol I can totally see this happening. I love these cross over OC stuff.  (Yes looking at you Perynne for introducing me to the idea =P)

Oh I also started the commish thread here with one new artwork:
http://www.guildwars...as-commissions/

Edited by Viatrix, 13 November 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#28 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5204 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

Really cool new artwork.   Waffle is a great name for a bear pet.

#29 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

@Morag D: WE SHOULD SO TOTALLY DRAW THAT. Nnnnoooooo, where are my art supplies when I need them! :qq: Most likely the guys would just watch for a minute or two, totally baffled at this strange womanly behaviour, and then walk off together for ice-cream or something.

@Viatrix: You're welcome! :D And such cute chibis!

#30 Viatrix

Viatrix

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Thanks <3!

View PostPerynne, on 15 November 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

@Morag D: WE SHOULD SO TOTALLY DRAW THAT. Nnnnoooooo, where are my art supplies when I need them! :qq: Most likely the guys would just watch for a minute or two, totally baffled at this strange womanly behaviour, and then walk off together for ice-cream or something.

lol I doubt Ran and Vale are going to get ice cream. They are more than likely to join the argument. (Yes, they have each other that much lol) The only reason one of them hadn't lost a limb or two was me rarely RPing Ran when Vale's character is around lol.

okay someone DID lose a limb but it was neither of them..just someone who got involved in the fight between them. To be more specific, Ran cut her arm and threatened to torture her for information, Vale then put her out of her misery out of mercy (or maybe just to spite Ran. Who knows!).

*sigh* I need to get back into comic making. So  many things to draw, so little time.

Edited by Viatrix, 16 November 2012 - 02:43 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: art, commissions, drawings, fanart, painting, guild wars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users