• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Crux x

Crux x

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Ok yesterday I was playing GW2 and it kept going to my dsktop or just black and then after 2-3secs come back. Then while i was playing after that it went to a blue screen and i had to shut down my computer. Before on everything it was showing that i had 2 GPU's on all the different programs. Now it doesn't. There's no tab in the ccc for crossfire, when yesterday it did. I Took it out and put it back in, the fans work but the card stays cool when the other one is hot like it should be.Can anyone help me? Does this mean my second card is fried or something?

Edited by Crux x, 05 October 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#2 Zerk2012

Zerk2012

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostCrux x, on 05 October 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Ok yesterday I was playing GW2 and it kept going to my dsktop or just black and then after 2-3secs come back. Then while i was playing after that it went to a blue screen and i had to shut down my computer. Before on everything it was showing that i had 2 GPU's on all the different programs. Now it doesn't. There's no tab in the ccc for crossfire, when yesterday it did. I Took it out and put it back in, the fans work but the card stays cool when the other one is hot like it should be.Can anyone help me? Does this mean my second card is fried or something?

Remove thte bottom card and just try the top card , then remove the top card and install the bottom card in the top cards place. (reinstall the drivers) If both cards work then their anouther problem maby with the bridge or the PCI-E slot on the mother board.

#3 Crux x

Crux x

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

Ok I Tried that and it didnt work The top card works fine. Its just the bottom card that wont work. the fans are still running bu ts not being detected by any program.

Does that mean that my second one died?

#4 Zerk2012

Zerk2012

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostCrux x, on 05 October 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

Ok I Tried that and it didnt work The top card works fine. Its just the bottom card that wont work. the fans are still running bu ts not being detected by any program.

Does that mean that my second one died?

If you removed the top card that was working and put the botton card in the top cards spot on the motherboard and it did not work then yes it's dead. Just to make sure were on the same page this was testing with only one card installed right?
EDIT if you took out both cards and installed only 1 in the top spot on the motherboard and one worked  then swaped them out (again only using 1 card and it failed then yes you have a bad card.
Good price on a replacement if you get the rebate.
http://us.ncix.com/p...FX&promoid=1061
Or sell your good card and replace with this also a good buy.
http://www.newegg.co...PID=3938566=
Or bite the bullet and upgrde to a 7870, 7950.

Edited by Zerk2012, 06 October 2012 - 12:32 AM.

#5 Crux x

Crux x

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

Well i have a 2 year warranty shouldt i just get another? Instead of selling my good one to get a new one?

#6 Zerk2012

Zerk2012

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

View PostCrux x, on 06 October 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

Well i have a 2 year warranty shouldt i just get another? Instead of selling my good one to get a new one?

Yes if it's still in warranety they your  should be covered.

#7 Crux x

Crux x

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

I know this is an old post but i got a new card back from XFX even tho they said they coud find nothing wrong with it. It's not my mobo i have tested each slot with good cards.
Any other ideas to what may have caused this?

Also what should my temps be for my video card on medium setting on GW2?
Im averaging around 50 C and Spikes Up to 60 C to 65 C.
Is that too high?
If its not whats the highest it should go before i should start worrying?

Any advice is appreciated!

THANKS - Crux

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users