#1 Dokem

Dokem

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GWH]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

I'm wondering about the bleeding effect of the blunderbuss. Should I favor gear with + condition dmg to improve the bleeding?

I'm wondering about the Rampager set (power, crit chance, cond.dmg) vs Berserker, replacing cond.dmg with crit dmg%.

Also, what should be my goal in armor and hp in orther to not be a glass cannon? Thinking about mixing with some defensive stats. In that area, I'm wondering what is more more useful, toughness or vitality. I tend to think toughness is more important, maybe with some sort of a vitality soft cap.

I use my rifle a lot, I love the autoattack, I blunderbuss and jump shot on CD. Granedes for underwater and for AOE in general. Sometimes I'd like to use bombs instead, when I'm soloing packs of mobs.

TLDR: I'm specially interested in your opinion of the Rampager set of stats and your opinion about toughness vs vitality for a rifle based engi.

Thanks!

#2 justOneWord

justOneWord

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

Rifle:
4 x bleeding for 4 seconds (680 dmg)
Pistol:
5 x poisoned for 2 seconds (800 dmg)
3 x burning for 2 seconds (1968 dmg)

That's with 0 condition damage. I guess it's pretty clear that rifles are not meant to be played with condition damage.

#3 Dokem

Dokem

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

I see, so replacing crit dmg % with cond. dmg would be a loss in dps even when you improve kits dps. Thanks

Still waiting for some feedback in the defensive stats area.

#4 Ketill

Ketill

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:30 AM

View PostDokem, on 06 October 2012 - 03:18 AM, said:

Also, what should be my goal in armor and hp in orther to not be a glass cannon? Thinking about mixing with some defensive stats. In that area, I'm wondering what is more more useful, toughness or vitality. I tend to think toughness is more important, maybe with some sort of a vitality soft cap.

I use my rifle a lot, I love the autoattack, I blunderbuss and jump shot on CD. Granedes for underwater and for AOE in general. Sometimes I'd like to use bombs instead, when I'm soloing packs of mobs.

TLDR: I'm specially interested in your opinion of the Rampager set of stats and your opinion about toughness vs vitality for a rifle based engi.

Thanks!

I would like to know as well, especially what kind of general health and armor numbers I should be aiming for to be safe in dungeons and WvW (right around 18k hp and 2200 armor right now, is that okay?). I want to avoid being glass cannon without sacrificing too much damage for my power based rifle engineer.

Edited by Ketill, 10 October 2012 - 01:31 AM.

#5 Coren

Coren

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2395 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[DRK]

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

I mainly play a power/vitality build with some precision thrown in (roughly 40% critical chance with boon and 50% when they're under 50% health).

Using grenades and rifle with critical chance is a better idea than using Condition damage. If I roll conditions I normally use bombs with dual pistols.

Edit: remember with grenades you get more explosions, meaning more chance to.score criticals and applying conditions.

Edited by Coren, 10 October 2012 - 06:41 AM.

#6 Smallwalk

Smallwalk

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Grenades is all about crit. Crit damage is so much higher than basic dmg on nades. Especially barrage owns when crit!

#7 Dokem

Dokem

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Then for rifle/nades the berserker's set could be best right? But what about the def stats?

I'm thinking going full berserker with runes and jewel that gives me toughness and vitality (ejample: superior rune of teh dolyak)

#8 Phaketrash

Phaketrash

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:36 AM

View PostKetill, on 10 October 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

I would like to know as well, especially what kind of general health and armor numbers I should be aiming for to be safe in dungeons and WvW (right around 18k hp and 2200 armor right now, is that okay?). I want to avoid being glass cannon without sacrificing too much damage for my power based rifle engineer.

This is fine. Sliding scale. If you're very good at positioning and dodging, you can be built glass cannon and not go down. I die the least (or second least) in any pug or in-house group I am on for dungeons...and I am all berserker gear. 16k hp, basic armor. Glass cannon. If you're great at positioning and dodging, you don't need a boatload of defensive stats. That being said, most people aren't. 18k w/ 2200 armor sounds good. Not tanky, but good enough if you're a dps role.

#9 CepaCepa

CepaCepa

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostPhaketrash, on 11 October 2012 - 02:36 AM, said:

This is fine. Sliding scale. If you're very good at positioning and dodging, you can be built glass cannon and not go down. I die the least (or second least) in any pug or in-house group I am on for dungeons...and I am all berserker gear. 16k hp, basic armor. Glass cannon. If you're great at positioning and dodging, you don't need a boatload of defensive stats. That being said, most people aren't. 18k w/ 2200 armor sounds good. Not tanky, but good enough if you're a dps role.

Elixir S + another stun breaker would help. :) Otherwise I run the same thing as this previous post has suggested and it seems to work fine.

Edited by CepaCepa, 12 October 2012 - 02:27 AM.

#10 MrForz

MrForz

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[Jar]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

I run such a setup right now, the Berserker Rifle + grenade one, and even with 0 vitality you'll be fine, if you have a huge doubt, you can gain some vitality by stacking Beryl orbs on your armor and using Beryl on your trinkets. Your critical chance might suffer though, but it's your best alternative for massive damage / survivability. The rest is in your Elixir U / S / H (nope, not A) or your med kit. It's also one of the most efficient builds to run in WvW. The traits being 30/20/0/0/20. Resuming in nearly 2k crits with the auto attack, 10k with Nade Barrage, 7k with Jump Shot, and free to you to unleash your grenades on static targets.

Edited by MrForz, 12 October 2012 - 09:20 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stats, rifle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users