When fighting the risen preist of Balt to get your shards, if you get mark of death on you, it's treated as a condition, so use plague signet to send it back, instantly killing a tough boss.
(screenshot or videos to confirm this would be appreciated, though for now no one has claimed this being false)
- Big thanks to chullster if this is proven to be indeed true. I'll try and stay on top of this to edit if they ever change this with an update...(if it is, in fact, true)
Did you know?
1) The staff #4 weapon skill, Putrid Mark, works even better than the off-hand dagger #4, Deathly Swarm, at transferring conditions to your enemies?
You can transfer 3 conditions instantly to a group of enemies with the mark even if you're playing solo.
2) If you start the Death Shroud #4 skill, Life Transfer, right before you run out of life-force, it will continue to activate even out of death shroud?
3) After activating Spectral Walk, you can change the utility skill to whatever you want, instantly?
As long as you do so before the 8 seconds of its "teleport" active ability runs out, you can get the full benefit of the movement speed + utility skill you actually want.
This no longer works as of the 10/22/12 Halloween patch (meanies)
4) You can switch weapons while in Death Shroud (try it!). What does this mean? You can not only adjust the benefits a different weapon may give you (perhaps you have more critical % chance with your staff rather than scepter), but the effects of weapon-swap sigils should still work; such as Superior Sigil of Geomancy.
- You can use the Death Shroud #3 skill, Doom (fear), while casting other skills or being knocked down.
Same thing with the Flesh Golem ability, Charge (knockdown targets).
When i get knocked down, i enter Death Shroud and use Doom to interrupt the attacker.
- You can use the Death Shroud #2 skill, Dark Path (teleports you toward your target), to escape a tricky situation.
Especially useful if you are Crippled/Chilled, you can outrun your ennemies using this skill on a distant target.
Good point, and just to add, as of last test, transfering the conditions works at a range of greater than 1200 units because of the sheer radius of the mark, particular if traited into Greater Marks. That range is enormous. In the current iteration of Blood is Power, it gives 10 stacks of might that benefits the damage of Putrid Mark, which itself can instantly transfer the 2 stacks of self bleed to a foe (which again should benefit from the 10 stacks of might).
To add to your point, for those traiting 15 or more points into Curses, we get fury for 5 seconds on entering DS. Life Transfer immediately on getting into DS is very nice (as far as necro damage goes) AOE damage with the 20% increased crit chance.
On the topic of this, Life Transfer, Life Siphon, Ghastly Claws and even the downed skill, Life Leech are all channeled skills that benefit from Dark Armor, which gives +400 toughness when channeling. It may not be perceived to be the strongest major adept trait in the Death Magic line, but it is more useful than I was initially led to believe, particularly if you're looking to play defensively.
*As well as stability
Found this yesterday maybe not everyone knows this. Lich and Plague doesn't only increas our HP it increases our other stats too.
- Plague form gives us ~ 2750 Toughness and 916 Power. But there is a bug with the Toughness and the Rune of the Undead, it doesn't increas our Condition Damage in the Plague form.
- Lich gives us 1832 Power and 1016 Precision.
BTw another tip for Plague, you dont need to spam the abilities, Plague is attacking automaticly. With 1-3 you can only choice the attack, If you want to spam only 1 of this just click example 2 and watch on the enemy and other things etc. and don't spam 2..22.2.222.
You can even use dark path on things like Mosquitos, rabbits or any white critter that dies from any damage if there are no regular mobs around. I have used dark path many times in WvW like this to escape
This may already be common knowledge, but...
You can equip an offhand by itself in your weapon swap if you want keep your main-hand and switch out offhands. For a while there I was running with identical main-hands before I discovered this.
Handy if (like me) you pull out offhand dagger for the condition removal. I rarely use my staff (vampiric/power build), so I can make it work.
Feel free to add more stuff
Edited by xxalucard, 09 November 2012 - 12:59 AM.