• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DKarstark

DKarstark

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

I'm a level ~40 Norn warrior. For the most part I like to use a greatsword as a primary weapon with a longbow on weapon switch for ranged attacks. Occasionally I'll swap the greatsword for a hammer or the bow for a rifle (or both) but not very often - mainly just if I fancy a change.

I would like advice on the skills/utilities I should run with, and the traits I should pick. For example, healing signet vs mending, or Strength vs Arms, Defense (aka toughness) vs Tactics (aka vitality), etc.

My current plan trait wise (I think) would be 30.20.20.0.0 (Strength.Arms.Defense.Tactics.Discipline). My current healing skill of choice is Mending. My utility slots are the stamina signet, Dolyak signet and the might/power signet, and my elite skill is a Norn transformation (but I occasionally switch to the Warbanner, eg for a dungeon). I'm not saying these are the skills I necessarily want to stick with, I'm just trying to give you an idea of what I'm working with right now.

So yeah, suggestions, help and advice please!

Many thanks.

EDIT: I feel I should also add that I'm predominantly a PvE player, but I might be getting into WvW... just in case that affects things.

EDIT 2: I think I've settled on this build:
http://gw2skills.net...syooIgOKSipUhzA
Could you give your opinion on how that looks? (And don't forget to click the button to flick to the traits section).

Edited by DKarstark, 08 October 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#2 CheeseThief

CheeseThief

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:29 AM

Healing Surge and Signet are the best heals as far as health recovery per second goes, Mending is something you take when your being bamboozled by conditions. Surge is the best spike, but over it's 30 second cooldown the signets passive will heal ever so slightly less. As far as which does the most healing, if your not a max health and surge is off cooldown, the signet wins. Mending does almost a third healing per second less than the other two, but it clears conditions.

Going 25 deep into arms is also a good plan, you'll be going 20 points into it anyways for the momentous greatsword trait, so adding another 5 points and stacking crit rate is a good source of extra damage with extra bleeds and damage to bleeding foes. Never thought I'd say this but you could probably trim them from the defence line.

Also, lose the Signet of Might for Shake it Off, stun breaking is significantly better than the power passive, and with a high enough crit rate the great sword should have you loaded with might at all times anyway. Dolyak Signet is good but On my Mark would be probably be better, increased stamina recovery is the best thing since sliced bread and werebears are awesome.

And if your going anywhere near WvW, grab a rifle. The longbow is great for feeling good about dropping AoE's on people swarming a gate, but so is jumping off the rampart with the Dealth from Above trait.

Edited by CheeseThief, 08 October 2012 - 03:32 AM.

#3 DKarstark

DKarstark

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for your advice. I spent a while looking at the traits menu and figuring out what I'd find useful, and I think I've settled on this build:

http://gw2skills.net...syooIgOKSipUhzA

Could you give your opinion on how that looks? (And don't forget to click the button to flick to the traits section).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: greatsword, longbow, norn, warrior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users