• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Support Focused Build for Dungeons - What do you guys think?

support

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bunnythestroker

Bunnythestroker

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

Sup? I wanted to run this build by some fellow engineers before I commit to gearing this way. I haven't tested it just yet but I feel like the ideas behind the build are sound, that being condition removal, group buffing, solid group healing and overall tankiness without sacrificing all that much damage and control that other builds give you.

Here is the build:
http://gw2skills.net...oHFmEKYie8YNGlB

For stats I was thinking something with Healing Power on it.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this build and would love for some feedback on how to make this build better. My inatial thoughts on this build are that you will not put out enough damage with the EG and rifle to keep pace with the rest of the group.

The real reason I got to thinking about a build like this is because I am getting a little bored of gernades and I wanted to try something new.

Edited by Bunnythestroker, 08 October 2012 - 06:36 AM.

#2 B3aT

B3aT

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[MASH]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

This looks good, though I use medkit, good heal for us and extra heal,buff, clean one debuff for party. stay on elixir gun and you will make decent dmg, swift and heal allies also conditions, combined with the rifle you have 2 jumps behind, one leap .
Overall is all good for dungeons

#3 Bunnythestroker

Bunnythestroker

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Do you think healing power gear is worth investing in, i.e. is there a noticable difference in overall healing?

#4 B3aT

B3aT

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[MASH]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

I dind't made any test, but I think not, at least not for eng
"Each point of Healing Power adds 0.125 healing for Regeneration, 0.06 healing for Rejuvenation,", I don't think at lvl 80 worth so much.
Maybe for a grenade+healing grenades but didn't tested those.

#5 hospes

hospes

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Swap out Speedy Kits for Kit Refinement. It'll give you a free Super Elixir when you swap to EG.. Other than that, I'm planning on playing around with a similiar build, rocking cleric gear. (heal/pow/tough) I'm also planning to run Elixir C over R, because conditions are a pain in dungeons. I'm still unsure if I'd rock Potent Elixirs or Deadly Mixture.. need to plink around with that.

#6 Isti

Isti

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LotD]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

View Posthospes, on 09 October 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

Swap out Speedy Kits for Kit Refinement. It'll give you a free Super Elixir when you swap to EG.. Other than that, I'm planning on playing around with a similiar build, rocking cleric gear. (heal/pow/tough) I'm also planning to run Elixir C over R, because conditions are a pain in dungeons. I'm still unsure if I'd rock Potent Elixirs or Deadly Mixture.. need to plink around with that.

Definitely agree with Kit Refinement - that's a must.  If you have CF 409 slotted, you don't need Elixir C specifically to remove conditions.  Any thrown elixir that affects your team members will clear conditions.  If you want Elixir C's random boons, that's one thing, but you don't need it just for condi removal.  I like Elixir R for dungeons, in case of emergency.  If your group is experienced, take Elixir U for laughs and rapid fire shots.  

For a pure support build, consider dropping Deadly Mixture for HGH.  Those might stacks add up, and they proc on both consumed and thrown elixirs.  Also, consider going pistol/shield.  The AoE knockback can save somebody who's being beat on by a ton of adds, and the cleaving interrupt/daze is always useful.

#7 Bunnythestroker

Bunnythestroker

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

I will for sure have to try out the HGH over Deadly Mixture. I am going for a support first build, but I was worried about my overall damage out put. It seems that HGH might end up giving a damage increase. Also I was thinking of going with Cleric gear as well and it seemed that power would work better with the rifle and elixir gun, again just worried about my overall damage output.

Thanks everyone, this really helped out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users