• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Necromancer dagger/dagger pve single target build.

dagger/dagger build single target pve necro power blood

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Ubie

Ubie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Hey guys im almost 30 and have made my own build its an dagger/dagger single target pve build. I made it because I didnt feel like playing condition build after i tried it. But here it is!

http://www.gw2builds...0-6.7.3.12.2.11

I think you should have enough life steal for surviving and atm im doing pretty high damage with spamming Necrotic slash(1) and life siphon, blood is power. When they are off cooldown(if you master the cd timing it could improve awesome your dps!!!). The heal "consume conditions" is pretty nice comb with "blood is power" because the side effect of "blood is power" will be a profit for you.

Please rate my build and tell me how i can improve it!  

Already thx i hope u liked it :3

#2 Toxic OnyX

Toxic OnyX

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

in pve why would you wish to go single target? you can aoe until your hearts content and level faster and generally be more of a nuisance :)

#3 spritepac

spritepac

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

Well of suffering + constant in/out DS your AoE is awesome with D/D and staff power necro.

#4 Ubie

Ubie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

But skillpoint and boss events still possible and other bossfights?

Edited by Ubie, 08 October 2012 - 10:45 AM.

#5 spritepac

spritepac

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

Yes. TOTALLY. Basically you can jump in D/S life transfer and a few life blasts then drop well of suffering and now you just finish them off with D/D its HIGHLY effective. Remember D/S is a VITAL part of a necro and any good necro will be using it consistently. As for your build keep the signet of spite and BiP. Signet of locust really doesn't help much just because you don't NEED that 10% move speed. Your traits seem to be more suited for a sceptre because as a D/D necro you dont need curses cause that condition damage isn't really maximizing your potential. Try 30 spite 20 blood magic 10 death and 10 soul reaping. Condition duration is more helpful with D/D. Try this instead
Link. You'll be hitting hard consistently and keep gaining might. Staff helps with range and can really hit enemies hard before they get to you.You CAN go for a precision build with D/D instead but you would have to go 30 curses instead and probably use different utilities but this is the build I use and I think for a necro you can either go conditions or power like this as we have skills that grant us might

oh and remember D/S isn't a panic button for when you are about to die. Use it often as life transfer is amazing but basically you can chill and it hits pretty hard and your HP isnt falling AT ALL while your dealing damage.

Edited by spritepac, 08 October 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#6 couponfork

couponfork

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

View Postspritepac, on 08 October 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

Yes. TOTALLY. Basically you can jump in D/S life transfer and a few life blasts then drop well of suffering and now you just finish them off with D/D its HIGHLY effective. Remember D/S is a VITAL part of a necro and any good necro will be using it consistently. As for your build keep the signet of spite and BiP. Signet of locust really doesn't help much just because you don't NEED that 10% move speed. Your traits seem to be more suited for a sceptre because as a D/D necro you dont need curses cause that condition damage isn't really maximizing your potential. Try 30 spite 20 blood magic 10 death and 10 soul reaping. Condition duration is more helpful with D/D. Try this instead
Link. You'll be hitting hard consistently and keep gaining might. Staff helps with range and can really hit enemies hard before they get to you.You CAN go for a precision build with D/D instead but you would have to go 30 curses instead and probably use different utilities but this is the build I use and I think for a necro you can either go conditions or power like this as we have skills that grant us might

oh and remember D/S isn't a panic button for when you are about to die. Use it often as life transfer is amazing but basically you can chill and it hits pretty hard and your HP isnt falling AT ALL while your dealing damage.

Wow thank you for this build, I've been trying to figure out an effective way to use D/D + Staff. I have a question though, which traits would you suggest going into first?

#7 Ubie

Ubie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

How about the "plague" elite skill part why plague above golem? :o
I think golem would be betther for constant damage and got lower cooldown.
And what about the soul reaping?

#8 masmer

masmer

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Max DPS build in a decently built team with at least some team fury. Trait stats scale down well for low level dungeons.

http://www.gw2build.....0.30.30.0.0.10

Max DPS build for random PuGs with 100% self fury uptime. More effective in higher level dungeons as crit damage from traits is hit hard by scaling.

http://www.gw2build....72.10.30.0.0.30

To answer another question, Plague is pretty much the best elite choice in nearly all situations except boss fights a golem won't die in until 80. Lich form attack bonus is capped hard in lower level dungeons USUALLY only netting you +100 or so attack vs the +1000 or more at 80. Even at 80 Lich form DPS is only marginally higher than dagger MH. Plague suffers a similar problem with your armor and HP being capped, but even so, blind spam is just too good to pass up. It's pretty much your best defensive cooldown.

#9 takarazuka

takarazuka

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Signet of Power isn't all that amazing... at 80 you only gain 90 power which is good, but you gain more damage from using another well.    D/D is the closest we have to a hybrid build since you get some bleeds going from Enfeebling Blood and BiP.  Instead of the Signet, maybe use Epidemic instead.  You have bleeds from BiP, EB, and from transferring the self-inflicted bleed with Dagger#4.  I understand this is a single target build, but as you level up higher and get in to end-game zones you will find single target situations are not very common.  Orr is mostly a massive "oh god oh god... why so many?!"... having SOME AOE is going to be a benefit to you.  If you do not want to go Epidemic then pick up a defensive well like Darkness or an offensive well like Corruption.

I would not put points in to Soul Reaping.  Since you are only going in and out of DS for Life Transfer, the rate of life force decay doesn't matter.  Those 10 points could go in to Death Magic for more toughness and pick up some of the defensive abilities from T2 or Blood Magic and go full 30 in to that and pick up Vampiric Rituals since you are using wells anyways and it's more healing for you since you are in melee.

Your mostly friendly neighborhood necromancer and moderator.

In-Game: Takarazuka.3025

Tahrakh - 80 Necro | Takarazuka - 80 Necro | Benesal - 80 Warrior

Have a moderation related issue or just want to chat? Send me a PM

#10 Ubie

Ubie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

View Posttakarazuka, on 08 October 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Signet of Power isn't all that amazing... at 80 you only gain 90 power which is good, but you gain more damage from using another well.    D/D is the closest we have to a hybrid build since you get some bleeds going from Enfeebling Blood and BiP.  Instead of the Signet, maybe use Epidemic instead.  You have bleeds from BiP, EB, and from transferring the self-inflicted bleed with Dagger#4.  I understand this is a single target build, but as you level up higher and get in to end-game zones you will find single target situations are not very common.  Orr is mostly a massive "oh god oh god... why so many?!"... having SOME AOE is going to be a benefit to you.  If you do not want to go Epidemic then pick up a defensive well like Darkness or an offensive well like Corruption.

I would not put points in to Soul Reaping.  Since you are only going in and out of DS for Life Transfer, the rate of life force decay doesn't matter.  Those 10 points could go in to Death Magic for more toughness and pick up some of the defensive abilities from T2 or Blood Magic and go full 30 in to that and pick up Vampiric Rituals since you are using wells anyways and it's more healing for you since you are in melee.

Well> signet? Signet is passive  bonus?

#11 takarazuka

takarazuka

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

90 power isn't going to change your attack damage by any substantial amount.  You're also using BiP so that is 350 power every 18s (12s ability with a 30s cooldown... so 18s between the end of your boon and the start of the next) which more than makes up for not using the signet.

#12 Ubie

Ubie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hmm i prett agree if u use BiP and well of suffering it would be more effective then signet... But can i still use both or should i put another skill?

#13 takarazuka

takarazuka

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

You COULD of course yes, but you have other choices that may have better benefits for what you are doing.  Well of Darkness, Epidemic, Well of Corruption, or even Spectral Grasp.  That ability has been amazing for me on many occasions where mobs are all clumped together and I need to do a little separation...

#14 Ubie

Ubie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Yes but i think i need it to see by myself atm im doing awesome but late game idk how it will be i think different then WoW boss fights when most time target boss and there is not so much trash in most fights.

I but im stuck with 1 problem with what runes to use because how to maximize dps with 70 points?

#15 spritepac

spritepac

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Signet of Power isn't all that amazing... at 80 you only gain 90 power which is good, but you gain more damage from using another well. D/D is the closest we have to a hybrid build since you get some bleeds going from Enfeebling Blood and BiP.  Instead of the Signet, maybe use Epidemic instead.  You have bleeds from BiP, EB, and from transferring the self-inflicted bleed with Dagger#4.  I understand this is a single target build, but as you level up higher and get in to end-game zones you will find single target situations are not very common.  Orr is mostly a massive "oh god oh god... why so many?!"... having SOME AOE is going to be a benefit to you.  If you do not want to go Epidemic then pick up a defensive well like Darkness or an offensive well like Corruption.

The signet is good for lower levels and its active is actually pretty dam good but im not 80 yet so the signet works decently well for me. The reason for the soul reaping is that you want the extra life force pool and the 25% slower trait for life force. Your not in D/S solely for life transfer I completely use up my life force and then proceed other wise your not using D/S to its maximum potential. Vampiric rituals isn't bad for general PvE but for dungeons I don't think it is that useful as your in D/S a lot more. Either the 25% slower drain or life blast causing vulnerability.

#16 takarazuka

takarazuka

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

The signet active is terrible.... 90s cooldown for a handful of 3-5s conditions?  Even if you can spread them, they only last for 5s and the damage is sub par compared to other abilities.  Maybe at lower levels before you unlock your wells and BiP it is useful, but as soon as you can move out of it, then it's probably best.  I haven't used or needed to consider Signet of Spite since level 20 so that may be a good gauge for when to look in to moving out of it.  Even condition builds don't really use it much.... the active just isn't worth the long cooldown on it.

The Life Blast attack is slower and does less damage than the chain auto attack on dagger at 80... so like above.  Possibly at lower levels, but not as useful at 80.  Currently my dagger will crit on its third chain for ~3200 and the first two attacks. do ~1000-1500.  DS #1 just doesn't have the damage to it at higher levels and you are wasting a lot of time in DS when you have higher hitting abilities.  Life Transfer is your best use of DS at that point and does some serious hurt.... beyond that DS is good for soaking up big hits and extending your health bar.  I would never use 100% of my Life Force... at most 50%.  You need to keep enough to go in and out of DS as often as possible for survivability.

As you said... you're not 80 yet so some things that work at lower level don't work AS well at 80.

#17 Ubie

Ubie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

I like what u say takarazuka, could you maybe show your build im interested :P

#18 takarazuka

takarazuka

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostUbie, on 08 October 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

I like what u say takarazuka, could you maybe show your build im interested :P

This is the discussion thread on my powermancer build - http://www.guildwars...ocus-and-wells/

#19 Ubie

Ubie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Did you change your build from death magic to curse?

View Posttakarazuka, on 08 October 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

This is the discussion thread on my powermancer build - http://www.guildwars...ocus-and-wells/

Did you change from death magic to curse ?
because its changed :o but nice i though curse would work out betther then death magic :P

Edited by Ubie, 08 October 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#20 takarazuka

takarazuka

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

View PostUbie, on 08 October 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

Did you change from death magic to curse ?
because its changed :o but nice i though curse would work out betther then death magic :P

My  primary build on there has never had any points in death magic, but there is a secondary build at the bottom under "alternatives" that does.  It is a defensive approach to the build that gives more survivability while sacrificing some damage and cooldown reduction.

#21 Ubie

Ubie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

oh maybe i clicked wrong big possibility because watched it on ipad >.<

And if i got D/D isnt it betther to change "Banshee's Wail" into "Hemophilia" in curses traits tree? :P or betther something else or go with Warhorn as offhand?

#22 takarazuka

takarazuka

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Yes, if you are doing dagger offhand then use the 20% bleed duration increase.  The first trait with the 33% chance for 1% LF is okay I suppose, but you could alternatively pick up the Enfeebling Blood on DS.  Weakness is a nice condition to put up since it is what causes glancing strikes and lowers the damage you take.

#23 Ubie

Ubie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Hmm i use golem in my build so i though to remove "Chill of Death" and put "Training of the master"
and since im not condition that increase damage on conditions i dont see why i should have it :o

Edited by Ubie, 08 October 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#24 takarazuka

takarazuka

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

View PostUbie, on 08 October 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

Hmm i use golem in my build so i though to remove "Chill of Death" and put "Training of the master"
and since im not condition that increase damage on conditions i dont see why i should have it :o

Chill of Death is bugged at the moment anyways... you don't gain the damage from Spinal Shivers, just the condition.

#25 Ubie

Ubie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

View Posttakarazuka, on 08 October 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

Chill of Death is bugged at the moment anyways... you don't gain the damage from Spinal Shivers, just the condition.

Still i think "training of the master" is betther because "Chill of Death" Deals only once damage and thats on 25% of enemies health and you can use golem at when u want so i think golem is more effective then :o

Btw Build looks like this http://www.gw2db.com...necromancer-pve

#26 takarazuka

takarazuka

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostUbie, on 09 October 2012 - 05:29 AM, said:

Still i think "training of the master" is betther because "Chill of Death" Deals only once damage and thats on 25% of enemies health and you can use golem at when u want so i think golem is more effective then :o

Btw Build looks like this http://www.gw2db.com...necromancer-pve

Training of the Master or Spiteful Marks would be beneficial really... I wonder if the 30% damage increase effects Bone Minion explosion?  Anyone know?  If so that's not too bad at ALL.  Since Chill of Death is bugged, it's useless anyways.

#27 Ubie

Ubie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

View Posttakarazuka, on 09 October 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Training of the Master or Spiteful Marks would be beneficial really... I wonder if the 30% damage increase effects Bone Minion explosion?  Anyone know?  If so that's not too bad at ALL.  Since Chill of Death is bugged, it's useless anyways.

I think it does because its saying "minion damage" and its a minion skills soo should be or else we found another bug :P

#28 takarazuka

takarazuka

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostUbie, on 09 October 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

I think it does because its saying "minion damage" and its a minion skills soo should be or else we found another bug :P

I haven't seen it in the bug list, but people might not have looked for it.  Maybe I will test it tonight when I get home from work.... stupid work. >_>

#29 Ubie

Ubie

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

View Posttakarazuka, on 09 October 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

I haven't seen it in the bug list, but people might not have looked for it.  Maybe I will test it tonight when I get home from work.... stupid work. >_>

ok gl im done already today, i study atm every day till 17:00  and then homework T.T

#30 couponfork

couponfork

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

Signet of Power isn't all that amazing... at 80 you only gain 90 power which is good, but you gain more damage from using another well. D/D is the closest we have to a hybrid build since you get some bleeds going from Enfeebling Blood and BiP.  Instead of the Signet, maybe use Epidemic instead.  You have bleeds from BiP, EB, and from transferring the self-inflicted bleed with Dagger#4.  I understand this is a single target build, but as you level up higher and get in to end-game zones you will find single target situations are not very common.  Orr is mostly a massive "oh god oh god... why so many?!"... having SOME AOE is going to be a benefit to you.  If you do not want to go Epidemic then pick up a defensive well like Darkness or an offensive well like Corruption.

I've decided to use the build he posted but took in to consideration what you had said, I'm wondering if this is a viable build?

http://gw2skills.net...ciqGTNias14qRWD

I took the 10 extra skill points into Blood Magic and picked up Vampiric Rituals but I was curious about it, the only Well I see myself using in this build would be Well of Suffering, so is Vampiric Rituals really that useful? Would Mark of Evasion be useful as an alternative to Vampiric Rituals? It leaves Mark of blood whenever I dodge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users