• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Necromancer dagger/dagger pve single target build.

dagger/dagger build single target pve necro power blood

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 takarazuka

takarazuka

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

View Postcouponfork, on 10 October 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

I've decided to use the build he posted but took in to consideration what you had said, I'm wondering if this is a viable build?

http://gw2skills.net...ciqGTNias14qRWD

I took the 10 extra skill points into Blood Magic and picked up Vampiric Rituals but I was curious about it, the only Well I see myself using in this build would be Well of Suffering, so is Vampiric Rituals really that useful? Would Mark of Evasion be useful as an alternative to Vampiric Rituals? It leaves Mark of blood whenever I dodge.

I would drop the 10 points in Blood Magic back down to 20.  Since you are only using 1 well, Vampiric Rituals isn't going to be a large benefit to you.  Throw the 10 points in to Curses to pick up Barbed Precision and Weakening Shroud (adds some utility to DS).  Since you're going to have a decent amount of crit, Barbed Precision gives you some more damage.

Also, while Quickening Thirst (T2 Blood Magic major trait) is nice with the passive 15% speed boost, you get better utility out of Vampiric Precision, Dagger Mastery (you're using two daggers so this benefits both), or Mark of Evasion.

Your mostly friendly neighborhood necromancer and moderator.

In-Game: Takarazuka.3025

Tahrakh - 80 Necro | Takarazuka - 80 Necro | Benesal - 80 Warrior

Have a moderation related issue or just want to chat? Send me a PM

#32 couponfork

couponfork

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

Ok, thank you so much for the help.

I've updated the build:
http://gw2skills.net...ciqGTNias14qRWD

One last question for you, of all the trait lines which do you think would be the most beneficial to put points into first? As a low level player I'm trying to figure out which might benefit me most.

#33 takarazuka

takarazuka

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Start with Spite to 10 points and then Blood Magic to 10 points and then put the 10 points in to Death Magic to get Greater Marks... this gets you to 40.  Once you hit 40 and can unlock Master Tier, drop another 5 in to Blood Magic for Vampiric and then focus on Spite.  Try to keep Spite maxed out and then put points in to the other tiers as needed to finish them off.

Edited by takarazuka, 10 October 2012 - 03:52 PM.

Your mostly friendly neighborhood necromancer and moderator.

In-Game: Takarazuka.3025

Tahrakh - 80 Necro | Takarazuka - 80 Necro | Benesal - 80 Warrior

Have a moderation related issue or just want to chat? Send me a PM

#34 cthulhuazathoth

cthulhuazathoth

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

IMHO Necro build is relativly unimportatn in PVE, Some build may be a bit more useful in dugeon, some in open world but I don't think you can really mess up a necro. Just pick the style you like and you should be fine all the way to 80s. MM build is the most "questionable" build so far and even that will do fine. Just make sure you have staff as 2nd weapon when doign large player event. I run a power build early on, mid level switch to vampire now mainly condition.  I have multiple toons (war, thief, elem, memser and engineer) and my necro level up rate is the higest of them all.

However I also think that is also biggest weakness in our professional right now. The experience does not always transfer well to WvW. The one man PVE killing machine need to settle to mainly supportive role. Thats also the reason my necro is my least play toon out of all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users