2 replies to this topic

#1 sedwards2

sedwards2

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Hi There,

I'm hoping to get some insight into the incredibly poor performance of my machine.

I've attached a pic of my specs. When playing GW 2 I have all the graphics on the absolute lowest settings and still only get a frame rate of max 22fps.I know my machine isn't great but I'm surprised it's so low.

If any advice can be offered whether it be software or hardware. Which would be the biggest let down on my system or cheapest upgrade for as a bigger boost in performance as possible? I know some basics about computers but probably safest to assume very little knowledge!

I've tried using gamebooster and having a tidy up of my machine to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Si

Attached Files

• Attached File  comp.jpg   295.69K   48 downloads

#2 moriz

moriz

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1553 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

your computer is very weak by today's standards, so the performance you are getting is to be expected. there isn't anything you can do, short of buying a new one. nothing on that computer is salvageable except for maybe the hard drive, and only for storage purposes.

#3 dhatcher1

dhatcher1

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3786 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SAnD]
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

I had an Athlon 64 x2 CPU overclocked to 3.2GHz and a GTX+ 9800 graphics card and would get 25-40 FPS on a 1680x1050 monitor at medium settings.  I then replaced the CPU with an Athlon IIx3 overclocked to 3.4GHz and am getting 35-45 FPS at medium settings.  Overclocking and/or replacing your CPU and getting a stronger graphics card would help.  Your motherboard may or may not support Athlon II or Phenom II CPUs and overclocking.  You could also reduce the resolution you play at to lighten the load, especially on the graphics card.

Edited by dhatcher1, 10 October 2012 - 06:33 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: low, fps, poor, performance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users