• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 XionValkyrie

XionValkyrie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Do people use power/toughness/vit for WvWvW or is Knights okay?

#2 Cryptshadow

Cryptshadow

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:03 AM

Knights is good

#3 skuko

skuko

Asuran Acolyte

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

i'm currently doing an expensive experiment. going to farm and craft a full exotic knights and zerkers gear, including jewelery and try to mix them up to find a nice balance of damage, toughness and power. currently have 2 pieces of zerker and 2 pieces of knights armor. accepting orichalcum donations :D

#4 Kokobloko

Kokobloko

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Gr]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:19 PM

I've got full Berserker's set in combination to Berserker's Greatsword and Beryl's Accessories. If you like the hit and run PvP approach is the best, however in  1vs3+ is really painful.
Currently, I'm using the Invader's Armor statistics (got identical stats from karma armor pieces) in combination to Berserker's Greatsword and Beryl Accessories, however i was considering giving a try on full Knight's Armor Set/Accessories and Berserker's Hammer

#5 RivenVII

RivenVII

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KnT]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

I run full Knight's everything. It seems to accomplish what I am trying to do quite well. I wrote a guide revolving around it. Only exception to the matter is I run Power Precision Condition Damage on my Longbow instead of the toughness.

#6 Lunacy Polish

Lunacy Polish

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

I have used Knight's for a while now and for a build that doesn't use conditions damage it is a pretty good compromise betweeen offense and defense.

If I had it to do all over again I think I would do Knight's armor and Beryl jewelry/accessories with critical damage runes.  What I have now is pretty close to that statistically but I came to my preferences organically so I did not know to gear that way from the offset.

Invader gear could work well if you had all your runes and jewelry support your damage type.

#7 XionValkyrie

XionValkyrie

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

Thanks for the feedback.  The build I'm thinking of using uses sigil of rage, so I need the precision from Knights.

#8 hanso

hanso

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

I find all knights armor and jewelry to be not balanced enough. I mix in some valkyrie for more hp and critdmg%.
Item mix also depends on the build in use.

#9 Miteshu

Miteshu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

Knight + Knight if you want to run around the enemy's forces and go back to deal nothing significant.

Knight + Berserker + sword/warhorn if you want to actually kill backline support.

#10 Di-Dorval

Di-Dorval

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2187 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Mixing some knight there some Berserk there. I'm doing pretty good.

#11 Hennet

Hennet

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

I currently use Knights Armor (Rage Runes) + Zerkers Jewels + Zerker GS for my DPS build

For my "im going to screw with you" build, Knights armor + Pack runes + Zerkers Jewels

#12 Duke Randall

Duke Randall

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • Guild Tag:[iR]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

I always run Knight's, Rather recently I tried P/V/T (Invader's/AC EXP Token Reward Armor) and I have lost a significant amount of my Crit Chance for a little bit of a dmg buff and a toughness drop. Not worth it if you want to be a frontline hammer train Warrior IMO.

#13 Exee

Exee

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

HP effectiveness= Damage you can take before dying
1 Tough = 1 vita when HP = armor*10
- if you have HP > 10 times your armor,every supplementary toughness give you more HP effectiveness  than vitality
- if you have HP < 10 times your armure,every supplementary vitality give you more HP effectiveness than toughness

Base ratio.(stuff 80 exotic without stats except armor) :

Warrior 2127 Armor / 18372 HP : 0.116 You will always need a base of 289.8 more Vitality

All this means if you manage your stuff in a way HP= armor*10, anywhere from 2200 armor/22000 HP to 3200 armor/32000 HP, you will maximise on one hand your HP effectiveness and on the other hand the total of stuff points available for power/precision/crit damage

This means Knight stuff is the worst crap possible for defense/precision you can find since you need 289.8 more Vitality before even wearing a knight piece.
A full knight stuff is a total joke since its only mean you are losing hp effectiveness but also precision/power/crit damage points looking at all the points spent in toughness for a defense with lot less effectiveness than a theorycraft one

So what to do?
-First decide of the defense and hp effectiveness  you need from 2127 armor/21270 vitaliy to 3200 armor/32000 vitality (roughly full invader)
-Then choose the stats you are looking first. For you it ll be precision then power then crit damge if i ve read well your OP
-Finally mix at least 3 different stuff ( Invader/berserker/ valkyrie and also Fractal which offer some new distribution of stats )to find the best offensive stats possible for the hp effectiveness you have choose in point 1

you will earn some offensive points this way for your choosen and perfect ( no stats points lost) hp effectiveness

Edited by Exee, 03 February 2013 - 07:49 PM.

#14 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

I run full Berserker's on most of my characters because I like to kill people.

But when I solo roam on my warrior I use Knight's armor (but still keep the Berserker's accessories)

View PostExee, on 03 February 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

HP effectiveness= Damage you can take before dying
1 Tough = 1 vita when HP = armor*10
- if you have HP > 10 times your armor,every supplementary toughness give you more HP effectiveness  than vitality
- if you have HP < 10 times your armure,every supplementary vitality give you more HP effectiveness than toughness

where'd you get this?

Edited by lmaonade, 04 February 2013 - 02:01 AM.

#15 Miteshu

Miteshu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

This thread is old.

While from this post and my last post, I learned how to play better.

Berserker gear is all you need. Warriors suck at getting hit. Knight gear will only last you two to three more hits more than Berserker while Berserker gear will shred your enemies to death before they can take you down.

I.E, Warrior's survivability is take the other person down before he can take you down.

#16 Thanatar

Thanatar

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

I take Knight's armor and zerker weapons / trinkets. it allows me to go very offensive when roaming smallscale with my friends and at the same time I can swap out trinkets and weapons for soldier and go nearly fulltank, but still with a decent crit chance (15% without fury). well, maybe i just like crits and my armor skin (took me two weeks to get the full arah exotic^^). I like it this way.edit: afaik is knight armour the only one that pushes power, precision AND an attribute that contributes to your total ehp. might not be optimal, but as long as there isnt power, prec, vit ill stay with it. :)

Edited by Thanatar, 07 February 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#17 BioMax

BioMax

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Suggest build for Invaders set pls.

#18 Thanatar

Thanatar

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

10/0/30/30/0 fulltank and shout support. you will have tons of life / toughness but very little damage. i would run this with hammer / sword + warhorn. take biggest heal (forgot name), for great justice, shake it off, fear me and signet of rage. support your team and wreck faces with the hammer (use burst skill as often as possible^^)

#19 heatrr

heatrr

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostKokobloko, on 09 October 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

... however in  1vs3+ is really painful.

Try viewing these, both players are using full zerks.
http://www.guildwars...-balance-build/

#20 Kokobloko

Kokobloko

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Gr]
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

View Postheatrr, on 08 February 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Yeap, I've watched those vids before. I go on full zerker gear/build too but this doesn't make it less painful vs more than 2 people compared to tankier builds...

captured some footage some days ago in berserker build for rendering settings/testing purposes only. Audio was removed by youtube too due to copyright issues. :(

Edited by Kokobloko, 19 February 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#21 heatrr

heatrr

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostKokobloko, on 19 February 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

captured some footage some days ago in berserker build for rendering settings/testing purposes only. Audio was removed by youtube too due to copyright issues. :(

Having looked at your video, does not look that you are doing that bad, in fact, looks like you have a strong build in that depending upon circumstances, situations, and what player types you are up against, 1v2 and 1v3 can be exhilarating and fun, as well as doable.

I largely watch Second to God and the other European player is to study their fluidity because they got there crap down pat, so to speak.

#22 Dhag

Dhag

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

View Postheatrr, on 08 February 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

I am trying out the build, and so far loving it.  My question is how do you deal with condition stacking?  This seems to screw me up a ton.

#23 Killyox

Killyox

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3120 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[InVi]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

soldier armor + berserker jewelery

View PostDhag, on 29 March 2013 - 06:11 AM, said:

I am trying out the build, and so far loving it.  My question is how do you deal with condition stacking?  This seems to screw me up a ton.

Start with food with -40% condition duration

#24 SmoothHussler

SmoothHussler

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[[ME]]
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

Experimented with full zerker gear in wvw and just didnt have the survivability i need.

Knights is a good compromise.  Knights with axe-shield is even better.  I'm currently running knights armor with ranger runes x5 and all zerker trinkets (distinguished circle of logic-ring of red death-rest all zerker).

Damage is very good.  Survivability means I get to throw down some dps for longer.  It also helps I run with a guardian.

Invaders is probably better for zerg on zerg action, but I feel knights is a good compromise between invaders and zerker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users