You're misinterpreting me.
I'm not saying that warriors should go with SOI and thus with the sonic boon build. I'm saying that if everything remains the same with the only variable being the presence of conditions, I don't see why you'de "waste" a full guardian's build on that one thing.
I'm not talking about your AH build where the support/anchor build is revolved around. I am talking about, as said in the clip above, the dps build you use when you don't need a full anchor for defense.
I'm also not saying that you need to remove the guardian all around (which you're implying in the 8th paragraph), they clearly have their uses (aegis, regen, blind, vuln, might, stability, projectile defense,...). I am saying that guardians might not be the most ideal class to use for condition removal since you sacrifice traits/gear+utilities vs just 1 utility skill (or if you need more 1 on 2toons).
So that's out of the way.
I agree shout heal is bad I however think your linked guardian build is falling in the same category of logical fallacy.
1. Totally agree apart from the fact that you also "waste" 15traits just to be able to remove a condtion as guardian and however many utilities you change out.
2. Ruby orbs vs Soldier Runes is a clear dps increase as is the case with changing 15trait points, so saying "doesn't suffer" is an overstatement. It is true that the shouts are used in a different way but the same idea applies. If you pop SYG cause you need stability, you can no longer use it to remove conditions (same goes for the other shouts) so in the end you're trading 'utility' for condition removal or vice-versa.
3. I again agree that shout heals suck, however for running through trash, what stops the warriors from just equiping SIO?
4. We're discussing content where the guardian is needed, I'm simply not convinced that guardian is the best suited to remove conditions.
I went with the basic CD's to keep things simple (for both guardian and warrior), if you want it to be exact we get 4/48sec(1/12s) for guardian and 2/50sec(1/25s) for war. The extra bonus is true, if you actually need stability,aegis, w/e at the exact time as when you need to remove conditions. IMO that won't happen a lot.
Null field and shouts have the same "triggers", you're going to pop them when they'll count for your entire group. If you look at the fights mentioned above in Arah where CR is "needed", null field would be fine.
For overall usefullness I agree that a guardian is better, for condition removal I'm not convinced. I don't think it's particularly hard to check if everyone has a condition in the 2.6s HB is going and if need be using SOI. Whether the guardian gets this burden or a warrior isn't a big difference either way.
If you really need 5/25sec to run through trash that's ok but I find this over kill (3 from wars+3from guard), I think that just having SOI + SY should cover it since that's 3.4/25s.
I left fractals out since I'm not discussion whether you need to bring CR or not, I'm discussing (or trying to) whether the DPS guardian really is the best suited for this.
It's understandable that you don't want to "try-hard" every night but it's not that big of a deal for a warrior to replace a skill for SOI when needed. Retraiting is anoying if you're going to run multiple dungeons back to back but you wouldn't switch to a dps-guardian in those situations anyway. I also think you're overestimating how often you need condition removal, case in point would be the example above from Arah. Out of 17 bosses you need CR 3times (17%) which makes it a bit of a waste to "dedicate" an entire toon around it.
1. Really isn't a big deal at all, I carry around 3sets at least (and I sort of think you do too, just other gear)
2. Not really needed since I think whenever you're bringing a dps-guardian you're already retraiting or alternatively you just swap 1utility on one toon instead.
3. Beside the point entirely
4. One person simply has to watch party frames, I don't see why anyone would need call-outs for that.
You seem to think I'm adressing the AH build this guide is about, I'm not. I'm talking about the dps-variation which came up in the discussions.
To be clear I'm not criticizing you or your build. I'm trying to point out that whenever you bring a dps-guardian instead of the build your guide focuses on, it would probably be better to go full DPS (10-30-x-20-x) and have a warrior bring SIO.
In short: my response was regarding