• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hi guys, Does anyone have any idea on the spec that this Guardian was using you can see him fighting 12 min into the video its a Staff/Gs build that much I can figure out.

#2 SpreadCheeks

SpreadCheeks

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

:rolleyes:  please give me the build that Matale had a hard time with... :rolleyes:

#3 Hypnotoad

Hypnotoad

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

Haha yeah I guess it does read like that. But tbh I actually play a Ranger main Warrior alt I just like to understand the current build going around and try to figure out effective counters.

#4 Sixes

Sixes

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Just looks like a full defensive build ... I've done it on my engineer, guardian would be much better at it. Remember to keep a 10:1 ratio of hp to total armor (which for the guardian means tons of vitality, take into account some extra hp for healing). My guess is a combination of Shaman stat gear (Vit/Heal/Cond) and Cleric gems (Heal/Tough/Pow). Maybe some invader or Chrysocola (Cond/Pow/Vit) to get the perfect balance ...

The build seems to do almost no damage (his whirl on sword is doing 400 ish per hit) but, as I found on my engi, a lot of the glass cannon builds sacrifice so much for that extra damage that they die to a tank really easily, even with 1700 power.

As for traits and utility it depends largely on whether the character is running solo or in a large group. Likely 300 vit/heal and a bunch of boosts to shouts regardless. After that the heal on greatsword attacks can be good or, for group play, a virtue build could work.

As for counters ... just ignore it? He can't do damage. My engineer was only effective because everyone seemed to focus him (asura engi) thinking he was squishy. The fact is you just kill his friends and leave that guy alone like Matale did.

Edited by Sixes, 09 October 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#5 Merril

Merril

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:12 AM

From what I can tell

http://www.guildhead...v9MmGv9mxG9cqMR

#6 Rendar

Rendar

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

Im looking for a build very similiar to his playstyle as well.

Im not looking to be a DPS king.  Just really hard to kill and bring support to my team.

Anyone have a better clue to what build he might have been running?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: staff, greatsword, build, w3, wvwvw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users