38 replies to this topic

#31 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 4787 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostSprinks, on 10 October 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Wait - why are we arguing over what one person finds fun versus another? It's completely relative. If you're bored and don't like the game, then why play it? There's no monthly fee, and plenty of other things to do with your time. However, being a negative Nancy is really uncalled for. The "gloom and doom" attitude of gamers is only eclipsed by their sense of entitlement. Some people enjoy the grind for the legendary. Some people enjoy jumping puzzles. Some people enjoy dungeons. Some people enjoy sPvP. Some people enjoy other games. Stop worrying about what others enjoy and start making yourself happy, IMO.
Sense of entitlement? Well I don't know, I paid for what ANet told me would be a revolution of the MMO genre. I think I'm entitled to get what I pay for? Is that how economy works? I pay and the person I pay give me the stuff that he said he'd give me? Yes I think so, don't you?

At least my Rytlock statue looks pimp ass.

I remember when charr were the enemies.

But hey WoW have multiple races so GW2 needs it too.

Edited by raspberry jam, 10 October 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#32 Khadroth

Khadroth

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Guild Tag:[vox]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

View Postraspberry jam, on 10 October 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

Sense of entitlement? Well I don't know, I paid for what ANet told me would be a revolution of the MMO genre. I think I'm entitled to get what I pay for? Is that how economy works? I pay and the person I pay give me the stuff that he said he'd give me? Yes I think so, don't you?

In most cases you'd be right, but this isn't a sub-based MMO. You paid them for the game, you're not paying them continually for the service.  They might have pledged to provide you with this service free of charge, but the quality, quantity, scheduling of that is up to them.  Either way, they don't owe you anything other than keeping the servers online so that you can use their product as anything they are providing is free of charge support.  Similarly you're not stuck playing the game you're clearly bored with because of some installment payment method, go elsewhere and come back when there's more to do.

Edited by khadroth, 10 October 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#33 Sprinks

Sprinks

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HLK]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

View Postkhadroth, on 10 October 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

In most cases you'd be right, but this isn't a sub-based MMO. You paid them for the game, you're not paying them continually for the service.  They might have pledged to provide you with this service free of charge, but the quality, quantity, scheduling of that is up to them.  Either way, they don't owe you anything other than keeping the servers online so that you can use their product as anything they are providing is free of charge support.  Similarly you're not stuck playing the game you're clearly bored with because of some installment payment method, go elsewhere and come back when there's more to do.

This. A million times this. What's your /age in-game? How much did you pay for the game? Now tell me the last time you got that much play-time out of a game for the same price. There are some free-to-play options that rival my GW2 game-time, but I've not found another retail game that I paid $60 for and have the same amount of play-time.

Perhaps part of that revolutionary idea that Raspberry is looking for should start with a new way to look at games and the value they provide?

Edited by Sprinks, 11 October 2012 - 12:21 AM.

#34 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 4787 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

View Postkhadroth, on 10 October 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

That's not how it works. If you go buy a pack of milk and then when you open it you see that it's just water inside, you're entitled to getting your *ing money back.

View PostSprinks, on 10 October 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

This. A million times this. What's your /age in-game? How much did you pay for the game? Now tell me the last time you got that much play-time out of a game for the same price. There are some free-to-play options that rival my GW2 game-time, but I've not found another retail game that I paid $60 for and have the same amount of play-time.

Perhaps part of that revolutionary idea that Raspberry is looking for should start with a new way to look at games and the value they provide?
The same play-time out of a game for the same price? Guild Wars 1. It wasn't the same amount, of course, since I clocked 10k+ hours in GW1.

Mmm, other than that, I'd guess Dark Souls, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Skyrim. Oh, and Oblivion. And Fallout 3.

I paid ~$180 because I didn't want the peasant edition.

Edited by raspberry jam, 11 October 2012 - 09:13 AM.

#35 Lordkrall

Lordkrall

Legion Commander

• Members
  • 5370 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

View Postraspberry jam, on 11 October 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

That's not how it works. If you go buy a pack of milk and then when you open it you see that it's just water inside, you're entitled to getting your *ing money back.

Of course. But you payed your money in order to access the game.
You now have access to the game.
Therefore you have gotten what you payed for.

#36 Zedabi

Zedabi

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

View Postraspberry jam, on 10 October 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

Unfortunatly, this isn't a concept that can be proved or disproved, but rather is based in the eyes of the user. Some people see it as the change that's needed, others don't. Also, I'm pretty sure revolutions don't happen in a month. Were you seriously expecting the game to change MMOs forever as soon as it came out?

As for multiple races: If you recall, we did have a Charr, Norn and Asuran Hero in EotN. How is it a bad thing to let people play as them?

View Postraspberry jam, on 11 October 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

I paid ~$180 because I didn't want the peasant edition.

Nope. You payed the same as everyone else for access to the game. The extra was for the other physical and in-game items.

Also, peasant edition. Really?

#37 RecentlyTaken

RecentlyTaken

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Guild Tag:[sF]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

Putting 4 of the same type of item doesn't spit out the same item any more often than putting in 4 random items. I've done this countless times by buying sigils in bulk and just throwing in the same ones.

Same applys to weapon. My sample size is small but i'm 2/14 attempts on getting an exotic from throwing in lvl 80 rare gs. All the GS uses were exactly the same (i crafted every single one of them myself from all my excess mithril ore + buying fangs in bulk when they are cheap) and i never once got back the same gs i used.

Using 4 level 80 exotics will of COURSE have the highest chance because you are guaranteed to get an exotic. Throwing in rares, you have somewhere between a 10-15% chance to get back an exotic, then from there you have to factor in the odds of that exotic being a precursor. Its alot cheaper of course to go with rares, especially if you can craft them cheaply.

#38 raspberry jam

raspberry jam

Vigil Crusader

• Members
  • 4787 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostLordkrall, on 11 October 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Of course. But you payed your money in order to access the game.
You now have access to the game.
Therefore you have gotten what you payed for.
Thank you. But this wasn't what I paid for. I paid for a revolution in MMOs. I got access to a generic, non-revolutionary MMO. The thing is, ANet could make GW2 really cool by changing a few things. Therefore, I comment on their game, hoping that they will change it.

View PostZedabi, on 11 October 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

Unfortunatly, this isn't a concept that can be proved or disproved, but rather is based in the eyes of the user. Some people see it as the change that's needed, others don't. Also, I'm pretty sure revolutions don't happen in a month. Were you seriously expecting the game to change MMOs forever as soon as it came out?

As for multiple races: If you recall, we did have a Charr, Norn and Asuran Hero in EotN. How is it a bad thing to let people play as them?

Nope. You payed the same as everyone else for access to the game. The extra was for the other physical and in-game items.

Also, peasant edition. Really?
Yes really, peasant. And no, I paid $180 for access to the game. Ya see, that's how it works - if you pay X money for a bundle, legally you paid X money for every item in said bundle.

And we did have a charr, norn etc. hero in EotN because it was a lead-in to GW2. I remember when GW1 came out and only allowed human characters, it was a breath of fresh air to the genre (of online RPGs).

GW2 doesn't do fresh air, though.

#39 Drogon

Drogon

Fire & Blood

• Site Contributors
  • 2711 posts
  • Guild Tag:[edge]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

This has gone completely off-topic, so I'm locking this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dusk, dawn, mystic forge, money

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users