5 replies to this topic

#1 xTiming

xTiming

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

Hey guys,

I've been playing Mesmer since release in GW2 and I've loved the class so far.  I'm primarily a WvW player and I only do dungeons on the side to gear up - I generally run the exact same build in dungeons as I do in WvW which is a very Confusion focused build.  I'm using a staff on my main-hand for my conditions, AoE and to help with confusion/condition application and a Scepter/Pistol dual-wield on my off-hand for smaller fights like 1v1s.  I am however looking at using a sword off-hand instead of pistol, but I haven't actually tried it yet.

My full weapon setup, planned rune/sigil setup, etc can be found here: http://www.guildhead...70z7kNo70V.

I have a few questions related to this:

1) Which dungeon gear should I be going for?  I'm trying to decide between Power/Precision/Crit and Power/Precision/Condition Damage.  Another possibility is a mixture of the two where I go 3 with Crit, 3 with Condition.  I'm wondering if crit would be better (given that I'm planning on using Adventurer Runes,or other equivalent condition damage runes,) so that I can get higher single target damage or if running this build I should be trying to stack 100% condition damage where ever possible.

2) Can anybody offer any suggestions to runes if Adventurer is not the preferred?  I picked it because it gives me a good mix of power and condition damage and also gives me the 50% endurance on heal.

3) I see no problems with my trait build but perhaps somebody has suggestions for something that would work better?  I really like the confusion-based build however I'm definitely open to trying out something new if somebody has a good suggestion.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by xTiming, 10 October 2012 - 03:10 AM.

#2 LavaSquid

LavaSquid

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 452 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[----]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

is Temporal Enchanter really necessary? how about malicious sorcery instead? or medic's feedback, I love to spam medic's feedback on downed/dead players in WvW (since they are everywhere) and 10 sec recharge is just OP.

I like adventure rune, so no comment~

#3 tangoesp

tangoesp

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

I'm actually building 2 builds on the game, 1 for GS+Sword/pistol and 1 for Staff+Scepter/focus.

Both oriented for clan teamplay, and roaming and capping camps alone. This 2 builds are not optimized for teamplaying with zergs because they lack from several defensive skills that can be gamebreaking. But you can't really have everything.

Condition/Precision bleeding oriented build:
http://en.gw2skills....L5XrKGVcEZLyrCA

Power/Precision Critical oriented build:
http://gw2skills.net...G5MrMGZcEZLyTEA

#4 xTiming

xTiming

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostLavaSquid, on 10 October 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

is Temporal Enchanter really necessary? how about malicious sorcery instead? or medic's feedback, I love to spam medic's feedback on downed/dead players in WvW (since they are everywhere) and 10 sec recharge is just OP.

I like adventure rune, so no comment~

I do like Medic's Feedback as well and the other suggestion you made seems like it could be a solid choice.  My reasoning for Temporal Enchanter is that a well placed Feedback can be extremely useful in defending a gate until back-up can arrive or in general combat even when you're not attacking or defending.  The increased duration (although, I'll admit I don't know how much it actually increases it,) makes it that much better.  For some strange reason though, I was thinking that Chaos Storm and Time Warp would be affected by this trait even though they're not glamour skills, so it may be worth looking into one of two choices you mentioned as a replacement if I decide down the road that increased duration on a single skill isn't worth a trait slot.

Thanks for the response.

#5 Offski

Offski

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

1. Gear - All your gear choices are close to glass canon, there is so much aoe in so many situations in WVW that with a glass canon build you'll be spending alot of time running from the waypoint, even with your points in chaos and inspiration.  I'd go for gear which has some toughness or vitality in it with stats of your choice.  personally I stack toughness (which also makes my illusions tougher)

2.  Umm if going condition build I don't know.  But I roll with centaur as I like to have permanent swiftness to get around the maps.

3.  You could try a more power/crit build.  I go 20/30/10/0/5 with 5 points free for a bit of utility (then 10 points in chaos is for boon duration and the fall damage reduction, useful in borderland maps).  This build relies on the greatsword as your main dps source.  Berserker is no1 phantasm in wvw, Aoe damage and cripple, spawns on walls against seige and/or chars and does good good damage.  I do not find condition/glamour builds very effective in wvw.  We are one of the best classes 1v1, 1v2, 1v3, great at escaping, portals are incredible, focus is so much fun.  But we are far from the best at aoe and not the best at condition damage in wvw so why build for it? (I know feedback is amazing but people understand how it works now so it is only effective at keeping areas clear.)
As has been said by many posters, leave your staff in your bag when going into wvw.  Having said that its all about personal choice.

Edited by Offski, 11 October 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#6 Deadlyguy

Deadlyguy

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

with mesmer everything belongs from what you like to do on wvw, if you prefer running in big groups my suggestion would be glamour skills with confusion build...
- http://gw2skills.net...NJbaFxYkjI7ReiA
This is nice support for your team when u blind your foes before you hit them, but don't expect that you will do lots of dmg.

but if you prefer more solo actions or 2v1 this build would be better

http://gw2skills.net...aJ1aFxYkjI7ReiA

i saw many other builds on net, and all i can tell about them is that 90% of those builds are made by people with no clue ;)

/ Mesmer - Blacktide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users