Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Boot]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

Posted Image
Drawing by Piglou, from Nolani, GWGuru forums.

Yes, I know it's a bit early to be talking about Wintersday with Halloween celebrations just around the corner. However, this project would need time to get done, so here goes!

How many of you remember the Wintersday themed advent calendar made by the awesome artists from both the GWGuru/GWOnline forums? Now, how many of you would be interested in doing it again, this time for Guild Wars 2?

The project would require at least 12 participants, with everyone doing two drawings (or if we get more participants, then some people only need to do one, and if we get a full 24, then everyone makes just one drawing). Drawings, screenshots, short videos, poems, everything creative is welcome! It's a way to wish happy Wintersday to all your fellow gamers.

----------

Update 25.10:

We have enough participants! I will post the link to the calendar website a few days before December, so people know where to go when the calendar begins on the 1st.

Guidelines:
  • Please PM the entry to me (Perynne). If you are unable to send it through PM, you can also email it to me (PM me for my email address).
  • Send pictures as either .jpg, .gif or .png. If you are planning on sending an animation, let me know well ahead of time so that I can make the needed adjustments to the website.
  • Picture size shouldn't exceed 900 x 900 pixels. If you send a larger picture, I will resize it for the calendar.
  • As a general rule, entries have to be submitted 3 days prior to your actual calendar day. For example, if your calendar day is the 5th, you'll need to send in your entry by the 2nd.
  • Entries must be winter or Wintersday themed!
Thank you again to everyone who is taking the time to participate! I hope we manage to make a super awesome calendar again this year!

-------------------

Update 29.11

Website is up!

If you'd like a link to your website or a different name than the one you use in the forums to go along with your art submission, please let me know! You can also have a short greeting or description text next to your artwork in the calendar.

Edited by Perynne, 29 November 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#2 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Guild Tag:[bone]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

Oh yes please!!
I'm fondly remembering the old calender, such a nice thing to wake up to every morning, and such cool pieces there were, too! I'm most definitely in :D

#3 Amelia

Amelia

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

I'm just going to say that I'm in . I like the idea very much !

#4 nian

nian

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Finally able to log in here. :)

Very nostalgic. I'm up for it! Any day is fine with me.

#5 Silent The Legend

Silent The Legend

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Aurora Glade

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

I would really like to join, but Im not a good drawer... what about a poem? Im kinda good at poetry.

#6 EliteZeon

EliteZeon

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • Profession:Necromancer
  • Guild Tag:[WM]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

http://shinanai.org/...ndex.php?kuva=7

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BRING THAT BACK UP?!?!

*Cries in shame*

Alright, I am like 5 years better ahead of... that thing... I will definitely want to get another shot at doing this.

Edited by EliteZeon, 10 October 2012 - 05:56 PM.

#7 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostSilent The Legend, on 10 October 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

I would really like to join, but Im not a good drawer... what about a poem? Im kinda good at poetry.

Poetry is good too. :) You could maybe take a screenshot in a wintery place in the game, and then put the poem on the picture? Of course, just the poem is very good as well, or a poem and a separate screenshot. Anything goes, as long as it's winter or Wintersday themed!

View PostEliteZeon, on 10 October 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BRING THAT BACK UP?!?!

Eeep! *hides* Sorry! I'd love to see new art from you though!

This will definitely be a good opportunity to show off new drawing skills. A lot of us have improved or changed our style over the years, so the calendar will be more awesome than ever if we get enough artists entering. So far, I've got 8 people who are definitely in, including the people who've replied to this thread (yaaaaay, nian and Morag, so glad you two want to do this again! <3). A few more, and we get ourselves a calendar.

Edited by Perynne, 10 October 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#8 dansamy

dansamy

Seraph Guardian

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1429 posts
  • Guild Tag:[[MB]]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Oh, please do this again! (I'm not an artist and won't be submitting art, but I love to see other fans' artwork!)
Please read and follow the Guild Recruitment Guidelines to avoid having your thread closed or deleted. Questions, comments, concerns? PM me. See another guild violating the guidelines? Click the "Report" link so that I can review it.

#9 EliteZeon

EliteZeon

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Ah don't worry about it Perynne... rather I fear the eye gauging of innocent viewers not present in those days.

I just hope I actually get to finish the thing, last painting I actually managed to fully complete was done like two years ago.
Hopefully my muse will return to me this time around.

#10 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

EZ, if it's any consolation, I've kinda cringed at mine a bit, too ;)
here's to improvement!

#11 Silent The Legend

Silent The Legend

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

View PostPerynne, on 10 October 2012 - 07:14 PM, said:

Poetry is good too. :) You could maybe take a screenshot in a wintery place in the game, and then put the poem on the picture?

That was the idea. However, considering my terrible computer skills, Ill see what I can do :P

#12 Gumboots

Gumboots

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Aph]

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Ooh this sounds like a lot of fun, i'd definitely be interested!

#13 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

Welcome aboard, Silent the Legend and Gumboots. :) I think the calendar will definitely get made at this rate!

I also posted about this in the official forums and the GW2Online forums. I'll give the artists there a couple of days to respond to see if they are interested as well, and then I'll start off the project by handing out calendar dates and information to everyone.

Soooo excited to be doing this calendar again!

@EliteZeon: Well, if your muse fails you in the drawing department, you can always dazzle our eyes with a beautiful screenshot. Plenty of beautiful, wintery places ingame. :)

#14 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:51 AM

I am excited :D

#15 KiyaKoreena

KiyaKoreena

Artisan for hire

• Site Contributors
  • 173 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KRNS]

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

I think I can. :-)

#16 marshmalloww

marshmalloww

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

Ouu I never got to do this O_O -browses through calendar- ... I'd love to join~~

edit:lolwtf my typo was so dumb

Edited by trishietehfishie, 21 October 2012 - 04:25 AM.

#17 Tommy's

Tommy's

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

I'd love to join if I have time. Which I'm not too sure about... :(

#18 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

View PostTommy, on 13 October 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

I'd love to join if I have time. Which I'm not too sure about... :(

Awh, even a tiny little drawing or screenshot if you have no time for drawing? If you'd like, I could give you a date near the end of the calendar, so you could have a couple extra weeks to work on it.

So far we have 16 people, 3 who are a bit unsure about being able to make theirs on time. I'm going to try to get a couple of my guildies to join as well, they're awesome artists but don't visit the forums. Please advertise the calendar in your own guilds, anyone is free to join! They don't even have to be a member at the forums here just as long as I can contact them somehow about their contribution

This is the list of participants I have so far: Noanoa, Nian, me (Perynne), Amelia, Morag D, sieniretki, kipinae, Fluxie, Elite Zeon, Silent the Legend (maybe), Gumboots, Satomz, KiyaKoreena (maybe), trishietehfishie, Karuro, Tommy's (maybe).

#19 Morag D

Morag D

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

ask in Nolani too, there are still some people there under the radar :3

#20 Silent The Legend

Silent The Legend

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Sadly I think I have to cancel my participation since I dont really have time to even play GW, I dont think I can manage to write a poem. Srry D:

#21 TofuTactics

TofuTactics

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[DAWN]

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Great initiative! I'd like to contribute if there's still room ^_^

Should i assume the deadline is the day before december or do you want it earlier? I do have time to make at least one art piece.

#22 EliteZeon

EliteZeon

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Oh just as a favor Perynne.

Can you display my name as: EliteZeon this time around? I kinda like it being a compounded word :rolleyes:

Personally I know of two people I want to get on this project...
*Glares at Qvi and Doctor Overlord*

#23 GeminiJuSa

GeminiJuSa

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

I'd be up for this, it sounds like tons of fun!

Though the links to the calendar doesn't work for me so I have no real clue about what the earlier product looked like.

#24 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

@MoragD: Good idea! I'll copy the thread over there later today. :)

@Silent the Legend: Awwh. Well, if it looks like you have some free time after all, I'll be taking in new artists even while the project is running. Don't worry about it though, I completely understand being busy.

@Sera: Welcome aboard! I'll add you to the artist list. I was thinking everyone needs to hand in their artwork three days before their own date, just so that there's extra time for people to come up with something. So if you get the 16th, then your deadline is the 13th of December. Does that sound good? Or would it be better to have random dates for all artists without others knowing? Of course I could just send your date to you privately through PM.

@EliteZeon: Thanks for pointing that out, I'll write your name like that for this calendar! I'd love to have Qvi and Doctor Overlord join too, I'm just a bit too timid to bother them in their own threads and ask, since I don't want to seem too pushy.... :P

@GeminiJuSa: Yaaaaaay, happy to see you around again too! And welcome to the project, I'll see if I can grab a couple of screenshots of the previous calendar for you so that you can see what it looked like.

#25 GeminiJuSa

GeminiJuSa

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hmm, today the link to the old calender worked, and I love the idea even more now! This is going to be so much fun! ^w^

#26 EliteZeon

EliteZeon

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Ah well five years back, my username was actually Elite Zeon. So no harm done.

As for Qvi and Doc... ah don't worry then... Perynne... I'll just shove a couple of spam angry friendly notifications down their throats on their threads and such.

Now... If you'll excuse me...

#27 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5188 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MOA]

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

View PostEliteZeon, on 23 October 2012 - 08:27 PM, said:

As for Qvi and Doc... ah don't worry then... Perynne... I'll just shove a couple of spam angry friendly notifications down their throats on their threads and such.
"Notification" received.  Now your post in my thread makes more sense :)  

@Perynne - This sounds like a fun thing to do!   With 16 people already in, I'll throw in my hat in the hope that we can get it down to just one pic :)   (Don't worry I'll still do two if that's the need).

Now to think about subject matter.  And when will the deadlines be handed out?

Edited by Doctor Overlord, 24 October 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#28 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

Oh yay! *cheers* EliteZeon, you're super effective! XD I wonder if a similar tactic would work on CKABEH and MagicnaAnavi too.... *too scared to bother them*

@Doctor Overlord: At the moment, we have 18 people participating, with just 2 maybes. And I still have a couple of people I will ask, so I'm sure that everyone will need to do just one drawing. Of course, if someone wants to do two, that's great too!

I'll try to get the dates handed out on thursday. If you have any wishes for a certain date, please send it through PM to me so that it stays a secret from everyone else. :)

Edited by Perynne, 24 October 2012 - 07:07 AM.

#29 Tommy's

Tommy's

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

View PostPerynne, on 19 October 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

Awh, even a tiny little drawing or screenshot if you have no time for drawing? If you'd like, I could give you a date near the end of the calendar, so you could have a couple extra weeks to work on it.

This is the list of participants I have so far: Noanoa, Nian, me (Perynne), Amelia, Morag D, sieniretki, kipinae, Fluxie, Elite Zeon, Silent the Legend (maybe), Gumboots, Satomz, KiyaKoreena (maybe), trishietehfishie, Karuro, Tommy's (maybe).

From November the 20th I will have time again to draw. Would that be in time?
And great to see Noanoa and Nian joining us!! :D

#30 Perynne

Perynne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

View PostTommy, on 24 October 2012 - 07:46 AM, said:

From November the 20th I will have time again to draw. Would that be in time?
And great to see Noanoa and Nian joining us!! :D

That will be fine, as long as you're sure you won't be too stressed or pressed for time yourself! I can give you a date near the end of the calendar, so that you will have time to draw in December as well. :) Sooooo happy you will be joining us!
Noanoa and Nian were the first people I asked... mostly because we're in the same guild so it was easy to ask them, and I admire both so much that I really wanted them to join. Can't wait for the calendar to start, so many awesome artists this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users