Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Sweet, I beat three Mesmers in a row tonight.


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 LawnGnome

LawnGnome

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

Im pretty new to the necro. Been profession skipping since release and could never find anything I didn't totally suck at.

Tonight I tried Ex Forces minion build listed in the sticky and and amazed at the results.
In the 1v1 fights I had in the few matches I played.
Mesmer -three different 1v1s in different bgs- I win
Guardian - I win, the same guy came back and beat me the next try but he almost died from conditions anyway.
Thief -three different fights- I went down like dress on prom night every time. Didn't even have time to anything but die.

All in all I'm pleased. Before trying the necro, ever profession was giving me the beat down 1v1. Who knows what might happen after I actually learn to play and stop just facerolling the keyboard.

I was also pleased at how long I could hold a point. Most times I could stay alive till a roamer showed up even with more than one player on me. One match I fought the same engineer for a point the entire match. Neither of us won and neither of us died either. Was pretty funny.

Now if I can just figure out how to beat those pokey back stabby guys.

#2 gnuworldorder

gnuworldorder

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 161 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

i just looked up the build and im slightly confused on how it works. do you explode them or let them fight?

#3 BeyondThyGrave

BeyondThyGrave

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • Location:USA
  • Guild Tag:[LS]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

View PostLawnGnome, on 11 October 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

I went down like "dress on prom night every time." Didn't even have time to anything but die.

Never heard that before, thanks for the long laugh.

View PostLawnGnome, on 11 October 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

Im pretty new to the necro. Been profession skipping since release and could never find anything I didn't totally suck at.
Little surprised to hear this since Necro is usually a last choice, specially if your having trouble with other classes.

View PostLawnGnome, on 11 October 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

Now if I can just figure out how to beat those pokey back stabby guys.
Evade and deathshroud are your best friends.

#4 Draecor

Draecor

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 606 posts
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

Glad you liked it. I am able to consistently beat "top/pro" Mesmers 1v1 with my new build too

#5 LawnGnome

LawnGnome

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Quote


Naw I just them fight. Between the 3 pets and the aoe staff skills I was doing pretty well at damaging the mesmer and killing his illusions at the same time. To be honest I didn't know which I was attacking half the time unless he did a dodge roll on something. I haven't figured out how to mark an enemy yet.

You laugh, but in two of those fights I didn't even notice I already had the mesmers in down state with all the pets and particle effects going nuts.

I admit to being a bad player. I am 41 yrs old and a business owner so I have limited time to play. But for some reason I seem to suck less while playing the Necro, go figure.

#6 styken

styken

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 657 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

what is special about that? that depend of what mesmer you are atack, in sPvP i kill lot of mesmer with a condition build Necro...on tournaments is a diferent story special on  batle kylo

Edited by styken, 11 October 2012 - 03:53 PM.


#7 Drekor

Drekor

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1619 posts
  • Location:Canada
  • Guild Tag:[TSP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

Necros, especially ones with a staff, are generally very good at taking down mesmers... I would even go so far as to say we're the best option for bringing them down.

#8 BeyondThyGrave

BeyondThyGrave

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • Location:USA
  • Guild Tag:[LS]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

View PostLawnGnome, on 11 October 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

You laugh, but in two of those fights I didn't even notice I already had the mesmers in down state with all the pets and particle effects going nuts.

I admit to being a bad player. I am 41 yrs old and a business owner so I have limited time to play. But for some reason I seem to suck less while playing the Necro, go figure.
I laughed about the prom night dress joke, never heard that statement before. Wasn't making fun of you with having troubles with mesmer's. I understand, they can be a pain.


As for the limited time to play part. Having less time to play doesn't make you a bad player, rpg's in particular take time to learn. Best things you can do in you're off time would be to practicing kiting/evading. Necro's take longer than most classes to kill, so being active during will help you in skill level a lot.

#9 Ruufio

Ruufio

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

I love piercing life blast against mesmers lol. Line it up correctly and you blow them all up in 1 a shot and the Mesmer is scrambling to make more to hide because he lacks skill to fight like a man. Purple is a fitting colour for the mesmer.

#10 PresidentsBushes

PresidentsBushes

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

View PostBeyondThyGrave, on 11 October 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

Never heard that before, thanks for the long laugh.

Little surprised to hear this since Necro is usually a last choice, specially if your having trouble with other classes.

Evade and deathshroud are your best friends.

Necro is seriously the best class against any other class. It has the most options to protection, retaliation, bleeding, chilling, condi removal, blinding, crippling,  siphoning health with wells, siphoing health with attacks, regen. Not to mention blood is power giving 10 stacks of might for amlost 15 seconds traited correctly. Why would you choose necro last? It was my first choice and the only class I will ever play because it rocks almost any build any other class has in 1 vs 1, and we deal so much more AOE damage than any other class can dream of.

#11 BeyondThyGrave

BeyondThyGrave

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • Location:USA
  • Guild Tag:[LS]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostPresidentsBushes, on 02 November 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

Necro is seriously the best class against any other class. It has the most options to protection, retaliation, bleeding, chilling, condi removal, blinding, crippling,  siphoning health with wells, siphoing health with attacks, regen. Not to mention blood is power giving 10 stacks of might for amlost 15 seconds traited correctly. Why would you choose necro last? It was my first choice and the only class I will ever play because it rocks almost any build any other class has in 1 vs 1, and we deal so much more AOE damage than any other class can dream of.
I use a necro. I'm saying MOST people don't like necro's and reroll them. Probably the most complained about class, for reasons such as.... no burst, bad minion ai, broken trait lines,yada yada yada. Oh and elementalist's deal way more aoe damage then we do.... I like the class a lot but not everyone feel's that way and that's the reason I stated that.

Edited by BeyondThyGrave, 05 November 2012 - 08:55 AM.


#12 aga

aga

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Actually thieves do the most AoE damage....cluster bomb.

#13 gnuworldorder

gnuworldorder

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 161 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

View Postaga, on 05 November 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Actually thieves do the most AoE damage....cluster bomb.

if i did my math right with a power/crit well necro if you stand in the well for 5 seconds its going to hit for around 38k not factoring in bonuses when below 50%, vulnerability, or crit hits. now the key is getting them to stand there for 5 seconds...

#14 Drekor

Drekor

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1619 posts
  • Location:Canada
  • Guild Tag:[TSP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

View Postgnuworldorder, on 05 November 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

if i did my math right with a power/crit well necro if you stand in the well for 5 seconds its going to hit for around 38k not factoring in bonuses when below 50%, vulnerability, or crit hits. now the key is getting them to stand there for 5 seconds...
You math seems very far off, I've never seen a well get anywhere close to that damage. You also have an issue of cooldowns, clusterbomb when fired from 1200 range can be shot every 3s for 5-8k damage (much faster if you are closer than 1200).

#15 gnuworldorder

gnuworldorder

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 161 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostDrekor, on 05 November 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

You math seems very far off, I've never seen a well get anywhere close to that damage. You also have an issue of cooldowns, clusterbomb when fired from 1200 range can be shot every 3s for 5-8k damage (much faster if you are closer than 1200).

WoS hits for almost 5k per pulse with full stacks of might and blood lust and WoC hist for almost 3k on the tool tips for 5 pulses.

#16 Emolesbian

Emolesbian

    Fahrar Cub

  • New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:26 PM

so progression is like: taling about mesmers> movin on necros>slowly dropping to thieves now...lolol?

Edited by Emolesbian, 05 November 2012 - 08:27 PM.


#17 gnuworldorder

gnuworldorder

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 161 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

i dont understand 1v1s vs good mesmers. i just went against pookiebear and got wrecked. the first time i had no DS so i wasnt that mad but the 2nd time i had about 1/3 a bar. i tried to dodge as many shatters as i could and pop into DS when i didnt have a dodge but once i ran out of ds and dodge i could only go plague. he just stacked confusions on me and i died shortly after that.

#18 Drekor

Drekor

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1619 posts
  • Location:Canada
  • Guild Tag:[TSP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

View Postgnuworldorder, on 05 November 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

WoS hits for almost 5k per pulse with full stacks of might and blood lust and WoC hist for almost 3k on the tool tips for 5 pulses.
On the tooltips? How much does it actually hit for in game? The only time I've ever seen 5k was against a frenzied warrior. Normally it's around the 2.5-3.5k(on crits) per tick range with WoC around 1.5-2k that's with full berserker gear and against very squishy opponents.

#19 Ezra

Ezra

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:45 PM

Tooltip damage for pulsing AoEs is total damage.

Damage (5x) 2875 means 2875 split between 5, so base - 575 per hit. Crits for 1000ish each pulse.

#20 DerekUrban

DerekUrban

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

View PostLawnGnome, on 11 October 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:


Now if I can just figure out how to beat those pokey back stabby guys.

Deathshroud into fear immediately after the thief opens up on you (probably a stun, but it doesn't matter). Then you've opened up with a CC, from there you can do whatever it is you do to kill pretty easily. Stack conditions, Drop marks, Drop wells, the point is you can start the fight out with a bit of an advantage. Unless the Thief somehow has stability on when he opens, you should be fine with a bit of practice.

#21 Killyox

Killyox

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 3120 posts
  • Location:Poland
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[InVi]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

View Postaga, on 05 November 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

Actually thieves do the most AoE damage....cluster bomb.

That would be engineer with grenades.

View Postgnuworldorder, on 05 November 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

WoS hits for almost 5k per pulse with full stacks of might and blood lust and WoC hist for almost 3k on the tool tips for 5 pulses.

Nope

/15charsneeded




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users