• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Rachmani

Rachmani

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Where do the 137% bonus crit damage come from? That's way too high.

#32 AdraCo

AdraCo

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Yo cant get this 137% of crit dmg, full zerk with divinitys runes and precisiĆ³n sigils you get 113% of crit damage.

And I think socket orbs in armor slots not worth. Also I trying to get 1300 vit without any traits... thanks anyway

Edited by AdraCo, 29 October 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#33 Ensign

Ensign

Drops knowledge like glyph sac met shower

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

Base bonus crit damage is 50%.  If you'd rather I write it as 87% on top of the base 50%, that's fine, just more of a pain to do the math on.

If you can afford Divinity runes those are better than orbs.  If you want more vitality you'll realistically have to sacrifice precision for it, swapping berserker for valkyrie.

As mentioned, there's no way to gear for precision + vitality (well, besides healing power gear, which is terrible for you).  While toughness is not as good as raw vitality for fighting burst damage, it does help, and you can spec for toughness without hitting your ability to crit.  I.E., using a couple knight's pieces you'll be able to hit the effective health pool you want at a higher crit rate.

Without your rune slots you have, at most, 1697 stat points to distribute between Power, Precision, and Vitality. You can get close to any combination of those you want, but you're pretty limited in what the 3rd stat will be for some cases.

Edited by Ensign, 29 October 2012 - 11:57 PM.

#34 Rachmani

Rachmani

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

87% is just so much clearer, as that is what the interface displays. So, for the sake of comparing stats, 87% is what matters.
Actually 57% would probably be best, as that is what you get from the gear you posted, but 87% is clear enough.

#35 ivonbeton

ivonbeton

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

I'm really not a big fan of glass cannon, especially not in PVE. You can't dodge everything. And no, I don't need to L2P, I've played my fair share of competitive games when I was a few years younger. Can't count how many times I had to spend time reviving a downed thief on my party. And again, no, they weren't all bad.

I have :

2K power (even with only 10 in deadly arts)
1755 precision (44% crit chance without any traits, skills or buffs)
1197 toughness (2261 armor)
1491 vitality (16 555 health)
88 critical damage (But I still need to switch out my bow from my condition build)

I've been thinking about switching out some vitality or power for some more precision and/or toughness, but I like it so far eventhough I felt a lot more durable with more toughness.
Honestly, I feel like the only major downside is maybe 10% less crit chance which is alleviated by the traits which increase this chance directly. In exchange I get 16.5k health, some much needed toughness and some badass survival skills (By which I mean my traits being 15 shadow arts and 15 acrobatics). I still need to switch out my backbrace and bow since I'm still finetuning after switching from condition build, but so far I feel like I give only a minor portion of my damage and in return I can last a long time and I don't get oneshotted.

#36 AdraCo

AdraCo

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

View Postivonbeton, on 30 October 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

I'm really not a big fan of glass cannon, especially not in PVE. You can't dodge everything. And no, I don't need to L2P, I've played my fair share of competitive games when I was a few years younger. Can't count how many times I had to spend time reviving a downed thief on my party. And again, no, they weren't all bad.

I have :

2K power (even with only 10 in deadly arts)
1755 precision (44% crit chance without any traits, skills or buffs)
1197 toughness (2261 armor)
1491 vitality (16 555 health)
88 critical damage (But I still need to switch out my bow from my condition build)

I've been thinking about switching out some vitality or power for some more precision and/or toughness, but I like it so far eventhough I felt a lot more durable with more toughness.
Honestly, I feel like the only major downside is maybe 10% less crit chance which is alleviated by the traits which increase this chance directly. In exchange I get 16.5k health, some much needed toughness and some badass survival skills (By which I mean my traits being 15 shadow arts and 15 acrobatics). I still need to switch out my backbrace and bow since I'm still finetuning after switching from condition build, but so far I feel like I give only a minor portion of my damage and in return I can last a long time and I don't get oneshotted.

Hey can you write your gear please? seems interesting.

Edited by AdraCo, 30 October 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#37 ivonbeton

ivonbeton

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

View PostAdraCo, on 30 October 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

Hey can you write your gear please? seems interesting.

Berserkers in major gear slots (Chest, legs, shoulders) and Valkyrie in the minor ones (gloves, boots and head). In a way, you "save" some stats because the 2% crit damage is perfect for slots with less stats.

1 emerald earring of the knight, 1 Beryll earring of valkyrie, Beryll amulet of valkyrie, 1 ruby ring of the berserker and 1 beryl of valkyrie. Been thinking about switching out the beryl ring though, either with berserker ring or one with toughness.

#38 AdraCo

AdraCo

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

View Postivonbeton, on 31 October 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

Berserkers in major gear slots (Chest, legs, shoulders) and Valkyrie in the minor ones (gloves, boots and head). In a way, you "save" some stats because the 2% crit damage is perfect for slots with less stats.

1 emerald earring of the knight, 1 Beryll earring of valkyrie, Beryll amulet of valkyrie, 1 ruby ring of the berserker and 1 beryl of valkyrie. Been thinking about switching out the beryl ring though, either with berserker ring or one with toughness.

Ummm something its wrong. What traits you use? Runes? Weapons?

With you gear, zerk weapons, divinitys runes and 10/30/5/0/25 traits i got: 1956 power, 1709 precision, 1112 thoughness, 1230 Vit and 91% crit dmg. Its all less than you told excep crit dmg.

#39 AdraCo

AdraCo

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

View PostPlunderin, on 15 October 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

i run 25/30/0/0/15 with 6/6 zerker armor of divinity, zerker weapons, guild assassin back, and valk jewelery.

16,000 hp, 2,227 power, 1657 precision giving me 3208 attack, 39% crit chance, 104% crit dmg

i am very happy with both my dmg and my survivability, although eventually i think i want to swap out my valk neck for a tri forge amulet

Impossible you reach 16K of HP with only Valkirie jewerly + divinitys runes, this is 375 of vit and 1291 in total, 1300 of vitality in thief its around 14,5K of HP so...

#40 Ensign

Ensign

Drops knowledge like glyph sac met shower

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:19 AM

You're forgetting the 5% of Precision as Vitality trait, which is totally sick on a Thief.  Plug that in to your calculation and the numbers come out dead on.

#41 Plunderin

Plunderin

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DA]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

View PostAdraCo, on 31 October 2012 - 06:34 AM, said:

Impossible you reach 16K of HP with only Valkirie jewerly + divinitys runes, this is 375 of vit and 1291 in total, 1300 of vitality in thief its around 14,5K of HP so...

View PostEnsign, on 31 October 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

You're forgetting the 5% of Precision as Vitality trait, which is totally sick on a Thief.  Plug that in to your calculation and the numbers come out dead on.

yes, i forgot to mention the 5% precision to vitality trait

Edited by Plunderin, 31 October 2012 - 12:27 PM.

#42 ivonbeton

ivonbeton

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

Ow yeah, I forgot the mention the trait aswell. I saw it as a given tbh. Considering the alternatives, it's too good to pass up in my opinion. I also didn't mention my backbrace, weapons or traits. But I'm reading everything back to you exactly as it is in game.

Edited by ivonbeton, 02 November 2012 - 02:12 AM.

#43 Ravnodaus

Ravnodaus

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostAdraCo, on 28 October 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

Follow your rules its good to keep crit damage, but loosing precision by the way, its worth get high crit dmg with low crit chance?

I'm not saying what gear type is best, at all. I'm merely stating that if you already plan to mix berserk/valky gear with something else, that some pieces of berserk/valky gear are better than other pieces of berserk/valky gear. That this difference in "goodness" of these pieces is a unique function of the gear allocation budget for berserk/valky gear, and that all the other sets are far more standardized. And explaining how best to take advantage of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users