Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * - - 2 votes

So, you grinded 650+ hours for you Legendary and....


  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Knuckledust13

Knuckledust13

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 470 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

It looks like shit. What would you do?

I personally think any legendary besides the Greatswords and Hammer (maybe the sword if you like korean style FX) feels unfinished and untimately ugly. There are exotic weapons with MUCH, MUCH better skins and effects, and also cost about 15-30g which is one day worth of TP camp.

This also leads to my second thought: why the hell would anyone go for a one-handed legendary? All the offhand legendaries have no FX besides a tiny glow and the main hand ones are VERY lackluster. To top it off, the requirements for 2h and 1h legendaries are THE SAME, which makes no sense for anyone using common sense.

Just like the PvE experience becomes linear, boring and dull after level 40, I think ArenaNet had to rush their work on the legendaries to deliver the game faster, for whatever reason.

Do you guys think some of these lackluster legendaries will get re-skinned later on? I don't think it is a priority issue, but since grinding for legendaries is the only endgame GW2 have, it is a way to keep players interested in them around.... most of my friends who reached 80 and had no interests of spending their life in front of a computer to get better looking pixels, left.

Edited by Knuckledust13, 12 October 2012 - 09:22 PM.


#2 hobbes

hobbes

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Location:USA
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Eh, I like em.

#3 orci

orci

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

I think it should be THE primary issue for the devs right now. Legendaries are the current ultimate carrot. Take that away with lackluster options for multiple professions, and they're just asking for a lot of complaining.

I'm personally going for The Minstrel, but after seeing all other 1 handers (especially offhands) that don't have much in terms of particle effects/unique effects, I'm very concerned it won't be even comparable to the three greatswords.

Edited by orci, 12 October 2012 - 08:23 PM.


#4 Clarial

Clarial

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NYC]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

View Postorci, on 12 October 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

I', personally going for The Minstrel, but after seeing all other 1 handers (especially offhands) that don't have much in terms of particle effects/unique effects, I'm very concerned it won't be even comparable to the three greatswords.

Can you link to me to videos of these off hand legendaries, or did you see them in person? The only 1hander I've seen in person was Bolt, and it had a ton of particle affects, almost too many I thought.

#5 Miku Flarestorm

Miku Flarestorm

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

Bolt has indeed too many particles. Other legendaries look either kiddish (Dreamer) or lack a real effect (Meteologicus, Frostfang). Hammer has a nice effect as do Sunrise and Twilight. Along with Hunter these 4 are real legendaries both in look and in effect.

#6 Stumi

Stumi

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

I'd like to see all the one handed ones before i start making assumptions........  And i think you forget that it's all a matter of opinion.  I personally think bitfrost, incinerator, Kudzu, and bolt look like absolute, 100% BULLSHIT.  But about your point, i would probably demand a reskin.  Grind so long for a "what you think is going to be amazing weapon", and you end up with something like the Bitfrost lol.  And GOD, the sound bolt makes.  Totally unnecessary.

Edited by Stumi, 12 October 2012 - 08:18 PM.


#7 Korse

Korse

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

I agree, but I also think beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. I personally don't like the scepter and frostfang (till I see more than just a screenshot) look lackluster. And I think Bolt looks cool. If I was a Sylvari ranger that wanted to keep the Tree motif, then the bows could be good. I just hope they come up with alternate skins for the legendary.

For example, why can't they make a cool Bow skin for the none rangers, or a different looking or more evil/powerful/etc. looking staff? I have a feeling that I may just grind some of these things and then wait for the expansion for those legendaries. Or maybe just grab the least offensive one if they have a different method in future content updates.

Either case, the one thing I do like about the legendaries is how unique they are. And I do think some of the one handers look cool.

In the end, I'm glad people are finding these. They will help me decide if I want to grind for my legendary or just wait.

#8 Knuckledust13

Knuckledust13

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 470 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostKorse, on 12 October 2012 - 09:13 PM, said:

Either case, the one thing I do like about the legendaries is how unique they are

Really? To me, the legendary axe looks like the Corrupted Axe but without particle effects, and the Focus is a reskinned version of a named exotic with a tiny glow in the middle.

Legendaries need ALOT more work. This is exactly why I will not spend hundreds of hours of my life to get a weapon SKIN that has nothing legendary about it besides the legendary korean grind and RNG involved.

Edited by Knuckledust13, 12 October 2012 - 09:22 PM.


#9 Khadroth

Khadroth

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 218 posts
  • Guild Tag:[vox]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostStumi, on 12 October 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

I'd like to see all the one handed ones before i start making assumptions........  And i think you forget that it's all a matter of opinion.  I personally think bitfrost, incinerator, Kudzu, and bolt look like absolute, 100% BULLSHIT.  But about your point, i would probably demand a reskin.  Grind so long for a "what you think is going to be amazing weapon", and you end up with something like the Bitfrost lol.  And GOD, the sound bolt makes.  Totally unnecessary.

Well I guess you're right about one thing, it certainly is a matter of opinion.  I think Bifrost is actually one of the better ones.

That said I don't think it's that the others are horrible, they just feel unfinished in comparison to the greatswords/hammer.  They simply need to go back and add more to a lot of the legendary affects, as currently many people are right in saying they're not worth the effort.

Edited by Khadroth, 12 October 2012 - 09:22 PM.


#10 Adakias

Adakias

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Legendaries absolutely need more work. I'd even argue that only the greatswords look good, I don't even like the hammer.

I forsee quite a few "improvements" to the legendaries as time progresses. I don't think they ever imagined this many people would have obtained them at this point in the game.

#11 Yabuki

Yabuki

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostAdakias, on 12 October 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

I don't even like the hammer.

I don't know why Anet has made so many of the hammer heads so skinny, its like they are trying to compensate for the lack of 2h axes. Give me something that looks like it has some weight to it.

Aside from that the hammers effects are my favorite thus far, i might just cut my losses on frost fang after seeing it.

#12 Alejandro

Alejandro

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BT]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostMiku Flarestorm, on 12 October 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

Bolt has indeed too many particles. Other legendaries look either kiddish (Dreamer) or lack a real effect (Meteologicus, Frostfang). Hammer has a nice effect as do Sunrise and Twilight. Along with Hunter these 4 are real legendaries both in look and in effect.

where di you see meteorlogicus? I was gonna make it, would be nice to see

#13 prince vingador

prince vingador

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 496 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

View PostAdakias, on 12 October 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

Legendaries absolutely need more work. I'd even argue that only the greatswords look good, I don't even like the hammer.

I forsee quite a few "improvements" to the legendaries as time progresses. I don't think they ever imagined this many people would have obtained them at this point in the game.
i also think that only the greatswords look good, i mean legendary good.i think the necro staff or guardian staff ore ele..should look diferent.

Edited by prince vingador, 12 October 2012 - 10:07 PM.


#14 Kanglor

Kanglor

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Location:New Bern, NC
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Yeah after seeing Frostfang, all I can say is I am highly disappointed, especially after giving up on the hammer, as while I like the effect, the weapon model is horrible imo.  Thankfully I'm not real close to being finished as I had been holding off on the lodestones/dungeon tokens cause I wanted to see in game pics first...now not sure what to do.

#15 The Silent Cartographer

The Silent Cartographer

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

Remember that it is possible that wielding two legendary weapons might yield a cool effect.

#16 Sinnacle

Sinnacle

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 236 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GH]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostKnuckledust13, on 12 October 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

It looks like shit. What would you do?

I personally think any legendary besides the Greatswords and Hammer (maybe the sword if you like korean style FX) feels unfinished and untimately ugly. There are exotic weapons with MUCH, MUCH better skins and effects, and also cost about 15-30g which is one day worth of TP camp.

This also leads to my second thought: why the hell would anyone go for a one-handed legendary? All the offhand legendaries have no FX besides a tiny glow and the main hand ones are VERY lackluster. To top it off, the requirements for 2h and 1h legendaries are THE SAME, which makes no sense for anyone using common sense.

Just like the PvE experience becomes linear, boring and dull after level 40, I think ArenaNet had to rush their work on the legendaries to deliver the game faster, for whatever reason.

Do you guys think some of these lackluster legendaries will get re-skinned later on? I don't think it is a priority issue, but since grinding for legendaries is the only endgame GW2 have, it is a way to keep players interested in them around.... most of my friends who reached 80 and had no interests of spending their life in front of a computer to get better looking pixels, left.

Bolt has a electric aura foot prints, and a sound with slash effects.  So pretty much like the GS.  The sound well most people hate it be regardless it has a lot of effects.    

To each his own I suppose I think legendaries stand out against other weapons out there which is what they are suppose to do anyway.  That rifle looks pretty good imo too.  There aren't alot of people on my server with corrupted weapons yet or destroyer weaps.  There are still alot of recipes undiscovered like foefire and volcanus.

#17 Knuckledust13

Knuckledust13

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 470 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostThe Silent Cartographer, on 12 October 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

Remember that it is possible that wielding two legendary weapons might yield a cool effect.

I don't see that happening.

If ArenaNet didn't worked into decent particle effects for each 1h legendary, it is only logical they did not worked in particle effects for every combination.

#18 Adakias

Adakias

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostThe Silent Cartographer, on 12 October 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

Remember that it is possible that wielding two legendary weapons might yield a cool effect.

View PostKnuckledust13, on 12 October 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

I don't see that happening.

If ArenaNet didn't worked into decent particle effects for each 1h legendary, it is only logical they did not worked in particle effects for every combination.
Yeah, I'm also going to say highly doubtful. Especially since all they did when you combine the two greatswords is make it do one at night and one during the day...I mean come on...really???

#19 matsif

matsif

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

beauty is up to the user, so what it looks like is all opinion, etc....blah blah blah here we go:

The hammer is cool, I'll probably get it.  The rifle is cool, I'll probably get it.  The staff is alright, I might get it.  Bolt would be cool if it had an option to remove that annoying sound.  Other than that, the ones I've seen are all awful looking, including the greatswords.  Really, if twilight didn't have the night sky on it I wouldn't even think about making it, and even with that I probably won't because the blade and hilt look terrible.

Also, I highly doubt anyone will make the underwater ones for quite some time as like 95% of the content is above ground, so you wouldn't even see them.

Anet really mucked these up, most of them aren't worth the time spent unless you don't care about looks and only want the prestige of getting a legendary, cause the skins are god awful.

#20 Sans

Sans

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 914 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

It doesn't have enough effects?
Is that all you look for in a legendary weapon?
What gives an item its value is its rarity, not how many particle effects it has.

Crystalline sword was a prestige item in GW1, but now since it's much easier to get, its not worth much.
There are basic skins from GW1, which are now in GW2 as exotic items from the Mystic Forge that are much more valuable that they were before.

For those who played GW1 since the start, you will know how much 650k was back then.
This was 650k, why? because it was extremely rare.
Posted Image


CoF armor has a lot more effects than any other armor in the game, but since so many people have it now due to the CoF speed farm, I don't even care for it now.

Edited by Sans, 12 October 2012 - 11:07 PM.


#21 General Typhus

General Typhus

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 332 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GanK]

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

Prestige is prestige bro. Wouldnt matter if it was a turd on a stick; if it was exceedingly rare it would still be envied.


edit: Case in point is the post above me about the brute swords. Heinous but rare.

Edited by General Typhus, 13 October 2012 - 01:09 AM.


#22 TheRealKiki

TheRealKiki

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

Ya, that's a brute sword.

I'll pick rarity over skin anyday :D

#23 azurrei

azurrei

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

Prestige

"Lol, look at that idiot over there who spent all that time and gold on that thing - I'm so envious of how rare that boring looking weapon is that is no more powerful than mine!"

I'm sorry, but if all else is equal, that Legendary weapon better LOOK Legendary if it is not insanely more powerful than any other weapon.  And a lot of these weapons I'm seeing ARE NOT looking Legendary to me.

Edited by azurrei, 13 October 2012 - 04:08 AM.


#24 Knuckledust13

Knuckledust13

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 470 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

View PostGeneral Typhus, on 13 October 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

Prestige is prestige bro. Wouldnt matter if it was a turd on a stick; if it was exceedingly rare it would still be envied.

I don't see anything prestigious about spending hundreds of hours of your life grinding for a turd on a stick. If anything, that is absolutely pathetic and a sign of the huge failure that your life is.

If ArenaNet decides to make players go through korean grind and RNG to get "legendary" skins, they are better LOOK LEGENDARY on a non subjective way. To this day, I have not seen anyone complaining about the greatswords and hammer looking bad. The design is good, the effects are very detailed and the FX is awesome. This should be the same for EVERY weapon, regardless.

But instead, what we see is a half assed job due to rushing the game release.

#25 Resolve

Resolve

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:27 AM

The GS and hammer are great, the sword and axe are also good but the rest seem to be lacking though. I can't believe they require so much work when they really don't even stand out that much.

#26 Knuckledust13

Knuckledust13

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 470 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostResolve, on 13 October 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

The GS and hammer are great, the sword and axe are also good but the rest seem to be lacking though. I can't believe they require so much work when they really don't even stand out that much.

The axe looks like a worst version of the Corrupted one, which costs about 17g to make right now.

#27 Sprinks

Sprinks

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HLK]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

The dagger is amazing IMO.

#28 MrForz

MrForz

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Location:France.
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[Jar]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

I am an engineer.

I'm between Quip and the Predator, the bubble gun and the sniper rifle on which I make hip shots and badass shotgun attacks. What am I supposed to do. The Flameseeker isn't so bad but it's not tomorrow that I'll change to Shield.

#29 Miku Flarestorm

Miku Flarestorm

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostAlejandro, on 12 October 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

where di you see meteorlogicus? I was gonna make it, would be nice to see

http://www.guildwars...endary-scepter/

:)

#30 Verity

Verity

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

I've been thinking about getting the Minstrel for my mesmer... It suits her theme, and I use focus a lot of the time. But I have yet to actually see it, so there is no way I'd even think about going after it.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users