• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scottmagee5

scottmagee5

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

I have just recently bought GW2, and have followed all of the steps to installing it and then when it gets to the big download it always stops downloading.

Whenever i open GW2 the download starts and then get to between 6% and 11% then the download speed disapears and it stops downloading, so i looked at some other forums and tried a lot of the things they said to try and a lot of them said to delete certain files, i have tried deleting the .dat file then restarting the download, all that happened was that i had to download the file all over again, and the same happened when i deleted the other files. i tried deleting all of them and re-installing from the disk again then starting the download and no luck. i tried running it as an administrator, but that did nothing. i tried deleting the .exe file and then renaming the .dat file to Gw2.exe, that just ruined the file. i really have no idea what is wrong with it and i have just recently bought world of warcraft and had to do an update just like this one and it worked fine first try so why is this one any different?

Any help would be great :)

also it says that i have nearly 190,000 files to download is that normal?

http://i.imgur.com/HaqmA.jpg there is an image of it if that helps.

#2 scottmagee5

scottmagee5

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Can anyone help?

#3 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3310 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Check that your ISP isn't throttling back your download because it thinks GW2 is a P2P client - particularly if you are on a school or work network.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: client, update, download, freezeing, stops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users