#241 Corsair

Corsair

Is trivia

• Super Moderators
  • 5469 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

View PostFiretruck, on 18 July 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

All gear is meant to be crafted, by the way. I'm not familiar with the new crafting system, so I can't help you, but if you're PvEing you want to be thumping for resources.
ARES missions actually tend to give competitive returns on time invested when compared to thumping. You just never know what you're going to get as a resource.

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum

Have a moderation related issue or just want to chat? Send me a PM.

Gipsy Danger reporting for duty!

#242 Feathermoore

Feathermoore

Underdog

• Super Moderators
  • 3811 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AWWW]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostCorsair, on 18 July 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Lose a thumper for the first time. It's an emotional experience unlike any other.

As for  content in general? There really isn't much else outside of the ARES missions thumping. It's more about using the playstyles that appeal to you. And the PvP. I have to say that both the medic advanced sets are fantastic.

Gosh. Its the Biotech now, they killed the medic remember?

The first time I lost a thumper I threw an empty cup across the room. It made me feel better. The mission that teleports you into the melding caught me off guard when I went into it. I didn't know they had added it and was completely lost as to what to do.

Edited by Feathermoore, 26 August 2013 - 03:08 PM.

*Hiccup!* "My gnaester will never be the same." ~ Khairelikoblepharehglukumeilichephriedosd'enagouni

Why hello there forumite. Would you like me to review some moderation you did not agree with? Never fear! PM is here! Want to be a better poster? Check on this link! And this one!

#243 Specialz

Specialz

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

I hate how the game is so dependent on thumping. You get better gear to thump better in other to make better gear in other to thump even more. It is a never ending chain of pointlessness. The game just feels so needless. After doing your first ARES mission it all feels the game. The bad thing is that PvP depends on you unlocking thumping and unlocking battleframes so if you want to PvP with that dragonfly battleframe you have to get pilot points which involves lots of thumping.

#244 Inraged Twitch

Inraged Twitch

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[MGW]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

a lot of games have repetitive content and it is still in beta, the only thing I dont like is how there is little to no differentiation between battleframes and weapons.

#245 Corsair

Corsair

Is trivia

• Super Moderators
  • 5469 posts
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostInraged Twitch, on 19 July 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

a lot of games have repetitive content and it is still in beta, the only thing I dont like is how there is little to no differentiation between battleframes and weapons.
Depending on the frame there is a HUGE differentiation between the frames. Take the Biotech family. The stock has a heal, a revive, and a poison trail ability with a health leeching projectile primary weapon. The uprades go in entirely opposite directions, though. Dragonfly is the healing/support branch and has 3 healing skills with a good single target damaging weapon with a healing alt fire. It has a massive fire rate. The Recluse takes the poison aspect and dives into it with a more AoE damage oriented ideal. Primary weapon has a small AoE shot with a gaseous AoE secondary. It's abilities are a dash backwards that leaves a poison cloud, a shot that deals more damage at larger ranges, and a shot that leaves a persistent poison cloud out. It's played very differently.

The Engineer has a similar level of variation, though I've not unlocked all of it's various fun things. But, at the very least, the differences between the families of battleframes is palpable.

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum

Have a moderation related issue or just want to chat? Send me a PM.

Gipsy Danger reporting for duty!

#246 Fantasy Trope

Fantasy Trope

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[EZ]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:32 PM

How is this game shaping out so far?

I'm still a sucker for jet packs, so the game could be terrible and I'd probably play it from time to time just to fly around.

#247 Firetruck

Firetruck

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

View PostFantasy Trope, on 22 August 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

How is this game shaping out so far?

I'm still a sucker for jet packs, so the game could be terrible and I'd probably play it from time to time just to fly around.

If that's what you want, you'll like it. It's a nice, open world to roam around in.

#248 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2700 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

I saw a really interesting episode of  extra credit that went out of it's way to mention this game.

I play shooters too much and was BIG into Tribes this past year despite not really being a huge fan of year 3000+ Sci Fi shooters... but their comments on how its resources were designed really interested me, especially after the in-your-face oppressive constant disappointment that RNG has been here in GW2..   So I'm just wondering how well this studio making Firefall is holding up to that design on resources?  Is RNG still being kept in check?  On a scale of 1 to 10 for grind, 7.5 being the upward threshold on "acceptable"... how *mentally*/tiring grindy versus how much is relaxing abnegation?

#249 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

Mark Kern's been ousted as CEO of Red5.

http://www.reddit.co...f_ceo_and_from/
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#250 Kysio

Kysio

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

I stopped following development a while ago. Did it come out of beta yet or...?

#251 Jazebel

Jazebel

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

It's fully released if I'm not mistaken.

#252 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2700 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostJazebel, on 20 December 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

It's fully released if I'm not mistaken.
No it was moved to open Beta ... and not like you know the typical definition of Open Beta of like "okay here's everything we've added for release and it's staying this way so your feedback doesn't matter one way or another, we just need you Peons for Server Stress numbers & maybe some metrics"...like we saw with GW2's Beta.  No it's like still not built yet and they can't make up their minds on everything yet.  Things are still in flux and testers are still having an impact on what changes (for better or worse).  So most people who just want a finished game aren't even playing it.  That's the double edged sword of a "Real" beta I guess. :P

Edited by ilr, 22 December 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#253 Solid_Gold

Solid_Gold

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Just tried this. I must have played it before because I still had a charavter on the server..................

Spent an hour or so trying to get my Xbox controller set up as I want it and gave up, seemed impossible even with using xpadder (Or not).

I don't want move forward and back on the left joystick and turn left and right on the right, and I couldn't alter it no matter how hard I tried !

#254 Kysio

Kysio

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Server:Seafarer’s Rest

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostSolid_Gold, on 23 December 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Just tried this. I must have played it before because I still had a charavter on the server..................

Spent an hour or so trying to get my Xbox controller set up as I want it and gave up, seemed impossible even with using xpadder (Or not).

I don't want move forward and back on the left joystick and turn left and right on the right, and I couldn't alter it no matter how hard I tried !

And how about good old mouse + keyboard?

#255 Solid_Gold

Solid_Gold

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

How about

View PostKysio, on 24 December 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

And how about good old mouse + keyboard?

How about I sit back in my chair, relax and play, not crouched over a keyboard.

And there is a controller config already on there, they just don't seem to want to let you change it.

#256 MazingerZ

MazingerZ

Golem Rider

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2274 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CYRL]

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:32 AM

http://www.reddit.co...s_ceo_by_red_5/

Verified, ignore top comment.

Apparently Kern sucked.
It's okay to enjoy crap if you're willing to admit it's crap.
Every patch is like ArenaNet walking out onto the stage of the International Don't Kitten Up Championship, and then proceeding to shiv itself in the stomach 30 times while screaming "IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

#257 Firetruck

Firetruck

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostMazingerZ, on 29 December 2013 - 05:32 AM, said:

http://www.reddit.co...s_ceo_by_red_5/

Verified, ignore top comment.

Apparently Kern sucked.

Yeah, and it also explains the constant redoing of core systems during "beta." Hopefully, now they'll have a single set goal to work towards without extraneous bullshit getting in the way.

This game was so promising. I remember seeing the first gameplay video (the thumping, LGVs, jetpacks!! and Chosen incursion) and being blown away. Me and a friend of mine were totally hyped up to get into alpha. Now, I haven't logged in for months...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Firefall, beta keys, firefall, giveaway, beta, keys, firefall beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users