4 replies to this topic

#1 Sarerishor

Sarerishor

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hello everyone,

I've been playing an axe/mace roam build for some time and decided last night when playing with some friends (SPvP, not TPvP - though I would like to try a support role in TPvP as well) that I wanted to try and play a pure healing and support role on my Warrior via shouts, stuns, and banners.

I've fiddled around with several variations of this idea.  This is my most recent one: http://intothemists....8c;1rRnCrRnC3gK
Another variation: http://intothemists....8c;1rRnCrRnC0gF

My question is, should I really be trying to pull off a Warrior as healing and support?  I think the general consensous is that Guardians are better for healing, but it seems that the boon and banner addition of the Warrior could have its own niche.

What does everyone think?  Tweak my build if you want to as well.

Thank you.

[EDIT] Added another build variation.

Edited by Sarerishor, 15 October 2012 - 05:18 PM.

#2 Fallynx

Fallynx

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

I play shout healer tank warrior and it works great in PvP and PvE

I thing though, I would take out on my mark, it only targets 1 person and you could get a little more CC in, so I suggest using fear me. It's kind of like a better stomp that can heal :)

#3 Wolfgang

Wolfgang

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Warrior shout builds are not as effective in pvp as pve/wvw. Banners are great in team fights but they're too situational with the positioning requirements and long cooldowns. Shouts increase in effectiveness for each player you can heal, so it can be nice in an organised team. Personally right now heavy CC is the crux of a support warrior keeping faces in the dirt. But hell I use an unorthodox build that works for me so wouldn't give up on it yet.

I'd run rune of the soldier for condi removal, i'd suggest something else instead of great fortitude and als picking up shield mastery. Finally be disciplined in your battle standard usage, try dropping it when you have an ally or two in downed state to give an instant res and flip the table on the enemy otherwise just dropping it as soon as you see an enemy is a huge waste.

Edited by Wolfgang, 16 October 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#4 Sarerishor

Sarerishor

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostFallynx, on 15 October 2012 - 11:08 PM, said:

I play shout healer tank warrior and it works great in PvP and PvE

I thing though, I would take out on my mark, it only targets 1 person and you could get a little more CC in, so I suggest using fear me. It's kind of like a better stomp that can heal :)
I think you're right on On My Mark unless I'm playing with a specific team and we have synergy.  For the most part, I will be using Fear.

View PostWolfgang, on 16 October 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Warrior shout builds are not as effective in pvp as pve/wvw. Banners are great in team fights but they're too situational with the positioning requirements and long cooldowns. Shouts increase in effectiveness for each player you can heal, so it can be nice in an organised team. Personally right now heavy CC is the crux of a support warrior keeping faces in the dirt. But hell I use an unorthodox build that works for me so wouldn't give up on it yet.

I'd run rune of the soldier for condi removal, i'd suggest something else instead of great fortitude and als picking up shield mastery. Finally be disciplined in your battle standard usage, try dropping it when you have an ally or two in downed state to give an instant res and flip the table on the enemy otherwise just dropping it as soon as you see an enemy is a huge waste.
After playing with the build more last night, I understand what you're saying - Shouts aren't as effective in PvP, especially if built around the idea of healing from them.  I will fiddle around with the runes you suggested.  And, with the Banner, I never drop it unless there are one or two downed allies, it would be a huge waste with its massive cooldown to blow it without any revive occuring.

Thank you for the feedback.  I'll continue playing around with the build to see whether or not it'll suit me.  It looks like I may just want to roll a Guardian and look into making a support spec on that class.

#5 Mekkakat

Mekkakat

Vanguard Scout

• Moderators
  • 371 posts
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

I have a silly fun sPvP build that uses banners and ultra high attack power on a very strong tank Warrior. This build seriously gets scary with more Warriors around you running the Empower Allies trait. If you all run a Shield set and have the reflect missiles trait, you can basically become roving death Phalanxes with perpetual Might, Fury,  and Swiftness stacks.

Some friends and I had three of these with a Shout variant and everyone running Pack runes... it was hilarious.

http://en.gw2skills....Ouck5s2YAxWkpIA

- I want that purple stuff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: healer, support, warrior, spvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users