--No Petitions, No Thread Titles Addressing ArenaNet or NCSoft Directly or Indirectly (Including CM's and Devs)
Petitions online rarely generate good discussion or results. Seeing as "/signed" posts would follow under the No Spamming rule, these are doubly discouraged and will be deleted. Your thread titles should include a brief description of the content of your post and not "@Anet/NCsoft" or something similar.
PETITION: Boycott WvW 10/19 - 10/26 To End Free Transfers
Enough is enough. For almost 2 months Arenanet has allowed free server transfers to seriously harm and degrade the WvW community. We've seen egregious abuses of their free server transfer system and how it has negatively affected WvW:
- Numerous servers and server communities gutted or drowned due to the free transfer system; this forms a vicious circle
- Outrageously lopsided fights that aren't fun for any of the servers in the matchup being decided in the first 2 or so days of a weeklong matchup
- Insane bloat of queue times on servers that previously had instant access to every WvW map
- Documented cases of guilds/players transferring to enemy servers to use up their supply and build unnecessary siege in order to weaken their efforts to defend critical objectives
- Degredation/corruption of the comeptitive mentality in the WvW community. Instead of building communities to be competitive, we can simply transfer to an already competitive community and coattail ride. Once servers start seeing their numbers being gutted, they want even less to go into WvW. Moreso, these mega servers own everything until they get bored and quit the game or start mass transferring leading to the very first point
I'm in a competitive WvW guild. We were a guild in the Titan Alliance on Henge of Denravi. All we really play GW2 for past 80 is WvW. If we do dungeons, it's to get gear to look good in WvW. If we do sPvP, it's to make our fighting squads better in WvW. For many weeks the guilds in TA and HoD were penalized for their success: 5+ hour long queues for WvW maps, plenty of coattail riders, enemies giving up by Monday and massive boredom as a result. Recently we transferred to the IoJ server (to get away from the queues and to focus on fun) which had a great community, instant queues and competitive, but not total blowout, matchups. Just 2 weeks later EB now takes hours and hours to get into, we own 95% of the map, it's monday and there is massive boredom once again.
If free server transfers don't end, this is going to be indicative of every server that gains any traction in WvW. Here is a list of the current WvW matchup. Notice how none are remotely competitive:
I'm asking you, the GW2 and WvW community to stand beside me and boycott WvW for the 10/19 - 10/26 matchup to send a firm message to ANet that this needs to end. If you'd like to stand and help send a message, please add your character name and server and I'll add your name to this list.
Here are a few solutions I think they could implement to attempt to remedy this issue:
- Allow guilds to transfer to any server with their earned guild benefits. Implement a cooldown of one month.
- Remove free transfers for accounts more than a week old (allowing new accounts a week window of transfers), implement paid server transfers with an increased gem price and a WvW lockout
- Stop arbitrarily playing with server statuses. Last week about 8 servers were listed as FULL and then suddenly all 8 went to HIGH for about 2 or 3 days allowing everyone to transfer to T1 servers and stuff them beyond capacity
Edited by Frozire, 16 October 2012 - 08:52 AM.