6 replies to this topic

#1 Mirtyl

Mirtyl

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hi Everyone,

i'm thinking about a built around glamour support with Staff and greatsword. I'm really loving glamours mechanics plus the fact that it would provide a bunch of ethereal fields + a light field with veil.

I'm having a hard time deciding what would be the best set up.

1st option would be shatter centered so 30 in illusions for IP, 20 in Inspiration for glamour traits

Then, I can go 20 in domination for 20 % off GS cooldowns

http://gw2skills.net...v5oecdr/dSKadqB

Seems nice, but i wonder how the lack of deceptive evasion will hurt shattering.

I can also go 20 in duelling for deceptive evasion :
http://gw2skills.net...zh6x1ZdfXJF42FC

But I think that would be counterproductive because of the traits related to phantasms and I'll lack 20% damage on shatter. I'm a bit bothered by the bug related to phantasm fury vs. vengeful images.

2nd option would be to focus a little less on shatter and going 10/20/0/20/20

http://gw2skills.net...x1ZdkK0alUgbXIA

The gameplay here would be to shatter less to allow phantasms pulling damages (no more than 2 obviously) and shatter on demand when phantasms summoning skills are off cd. Same issue than above for the phantasm traits bug.

I could also go for 10/0/20/20/20 for debilitating dissipation and staff Cd reduction like this :

http://gw2skills.net...nUw8mjSx1tOpCtG

The build would be more tanky but I'm afraid I'd miss throughput here.

So, what's your thoughts about glamour builds, do you think it would be viable/useful ? And what build would you use for this purpose ?

Cheers !

#2 entropy3

entropy3

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostMirtyl, on 16 October 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

So, what's your thoughts about glamour builds, do you think it would be viable/useful ? And what build would you use for this purpose ?

Glamour builds are the most effective types of mesmer builds in group play, so it would be the most useful in dungeons and WvW. Running solo or trying to farm DE's is not where they shine. Since I don't often do the later two, I almost always run this build:

http://www.gw2db.com...|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

My trait choices give me a good base surviveability, while keeping me flexible so I can adapt to situations as they arise. I take 20% CD on staff skills, manipulations, and glamours (which also last longer), and then the dueling line staples phantasm fury and deceptive evasion. This lets me switch between glamours and manipulations and be more effective at both.

To make up for my lack of offense in my traits, I take full power/pres/cond gear, power/tough/vit GS/Staff, and full power/pres/crit trinkets. The Staff, combined with the stats from traits and the tough/vit from the weapons gives you rediculous survivability and support capability, while the GS is your main damage dealer.

During combat I switch weapons very often and use iwarlock/chaos storm and iberserker/mirror blade on CD, using phase retreat to gain chaos armor from the many ethereal fields you have. For sigils, I generally run superior sigils of energy, so I have nearly infinite dodges available. This gives you even more defense and has saved my ass in many situations, particularly situations where I need to keep a boss from reseting or I need to "dodge tank", plus giving you more dodges to create free clones.

#3 Lastchime

Lastchime

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'm having a blast rolling glamour/blind/confusion build, sword/torch + scepter/sword in pve. 20/0/0/20/30 so flips to GS persona pretty easily where needed. siggy of midnight, feedback, null field sometimes flip feedback out for portal depending on content (portal also triggers blind on glamour cast, which is damn cool)

#4 MDSupa

MDSupa

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

I've been running similar build..

I can't really tell..but does PORTAL area blind mobs when they enter it if you trait Dazzling Glamours or does it only happens when you cast it?

I read somewhere that Veil (wall of invis) does cause Blindness when mobs pass thru it when trait for that.

I also read that the Confusion from Confusing Enchantment happens only if mobs cross the boundary.  It doesn't trigger if they don't leave the area.

any clarification?

Running:  0/20/0/30/20 for Glamours

Thanks.

#5 MDSupa

MDSupa

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

View PostLastchime, on 16 October 2012 - 03:57 PM, said:

I'm having a blast rolling glamour/blind/confusion build, sword/torch + scepter/sword in pve. 20/0/0/20/30 so flips to GS persona pretty easily where needed. siggy of midnight, feedback, null field sometimes flip feedback out for portal depending on content (portal also triggers blind on glamour cast, which is damn cool)

Confirmed.  Portal does NOT trigger BLIND.  Either when you cast it or when MOBS enter the area.  Both entrance and EXIT portal does not do this.  Works for FeedBack and Null Field of course.  Viel does NOT trigger blind when MOBS past thru it either when Trait.  Only Blind if you Cast the Wall on top of them.  very disappointed....

#6 Lastchime

Lastchime

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

View PostMDSupa, on 30 October 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

Confirmed.  Portal does NOT trigger BLIND.  Either when you cast it or when MOBS enter the area.  Both entrance and EXIT portal does not do this.

Go grab the trait, walk south of LA to bloodtide, go up and stand right next to a neutral moa and see what happens. It will aggro, and it will get blinded by the point blank cast of either portal. But as you stated it does not effect on moving in or out of the glamours, any of them.

#7 MDSupa

MDSupa

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:29 AM

View PostLastchime, on 31 October 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

Go grab the trait, walk south of LA to bloodtide, go up and stand right next to a neutral moa and see what happens. It will aggro, and it will get blinded by the point blank cast of either portal. But as you stated it does not effect on moving in or out of the glamours, any of them.

with Trait.. tested on a MOA outside of FOrt Trinity.  NO blind.  If I cast, Feedback on top of it..you can see the blind Debuff on the target as well as aggro it.  so no it doesn't work for Portal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users