theSollith

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

View PostCalmLittleBuddy, on 16 October 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

2. The point of games is for game companies to MAKE MONEY

View PostCalmLittleBuddy, on 17 October 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Reread my post. That's exactly what I said. Game Companies. My capitalist society is paying for your welfare state.

You said the point of games is for game companies to make money... but okay... we can play these word games all you like. If anything it would be; games companies monetize games to make money.

Also, it's more like my anarchist state (which doesn't mean chaotic/tribal/etc., but everyone working towards their own ends in symbiotic way without leadership nor regulation). I don't believe in welfare... it's for coach potatoes who live in their parents basements their entire lives...

Back to the topic at hand...

I will probably never even come close to obtaining one; not because I wouldn't ever be able to obtain the gold in the most likely case, but because I would rather have them sell siege weapons and stuff for PvE (WvW is a boring zerg fes.. but so is PvE in a lot of cases I guess...) for karma and gold. Using my gold and karma for something that make the events in game more entertaining and interesting.

Personally, I think they should have based the legendary weapons on mostly a time, achievement, and karma base than the way they have it set up now ("he whom has the most gold wins").

They should also have multiple ways to obtain one. If you like to play the market and make gold/etc; Mass amounts of Gold, crafting resources, and market trading achievements to make one (as the main things needed to do so anyways). If you like to adventure and explore more; chests could contain certain resources needed, combined with karma, and skill points. If you like crafting then it would mostly be based around gathering a variety of materials found in varying places around Tyria (everything from mats that can only be found at the end of jump quests, near champions, combined with normal mats as well) and they could craft most of their material needed to throw into the mystic forge (there would be a timer on the gathering nodes from anywhere from between a day to a week to gather them again depending on the mat gathered; note these would be special gathering nodes almost purely reserved for legendaries as well as maybe some consumable stuff as a sink for them).

It just feels like they got lazy here with some of the things later on in Gw2: Orr is just a generic zone (they pretty much failed with the idea of "make the entire game "end game" seeing as; you get the best items in the max level zones, make the most money and karma in the max level zones, etc. but thats for another time and thread) and just felt rushed as it seems to lack the patrols and A.I. paths of earlier zones, Legendary Weapons have your generic super grind (or gold buying, botting, etc.) obtain methodology etc.

Edited by theSollith, 18 October 2012 - 02:05 AM.

#32 LostMK

LostMK

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

World First Wintersbark

1 Eldritch Scroll + 1 Gift of Ice + 100 Mystic Coins + 250 Ancient Short-Bow Stave

Posted Image

Stats
Posted Image

Edited by LostMK, 20 October 2012 - 03:42 AM.

#33 DayByDay

DayByDay

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DiE]

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:43 AM

Is it possible for you make a video of the winterbark please?

#34 Hsoj

Hsoj

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

Sooo back to Volcanus..

Anyone have a good video of it?

I'm thinking of creating it instead of a legendary since employment's kinda getting in the way of gaming time..

Plus Molten Lodestone prices have gone back down. \(^o^)/

#35 Fykick

Fykick

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

freaking awesome, knew these items would come in handy for hording lol

#36 LostMK

LostMK

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:23 AM

View PostDayByDay, on 20 October 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

Is it possible for you make a video of the winterbark please?

was enough stress on my comp to change settings to max for the screenshot, sorry :P

#37 AbaCam

AbaCam

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

View PostLostMK, on 20 October 2012 - 03:39 AM, said:

-Snip-

Is there no particle effect or?!??!?
From the screen im noticing none.
When the ELE conjure's the conjured weapon, which this skin is based off, there is a misty particle effect.
Is there one!?!? The Volcanus has the same effect, It would be a damn shame if the bow does not share the same effect as its conjured counter part. Anyways congrats on your sexy new bow :)

Edited by AbaCam, 20 October 2012 - 04:51 AM.

#38 LostMK

LostMK

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

View PostAbaCam, on 20 October 2012 - 04:48 AM, said:

Is there no particle effect or?!??!?
From the screen im noticing none.
When the ELE conjure's the conjured weapon, which this skin is based off, there is a misty particle effect.
Is there one!?!? The Volcanus has the same effect, It would be a damn shame if the bow does not share the same effect as its conjured counter part. Anyways congrats on your sexy new bow :)

No effects at the moment, sorry :(

It may just be because they ran out of time before launch, but I asked Linsey if they would consider adding something to it... I will see what she says ;)

#39 antoninusthepious

antoninusthepious

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ND]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

View Postazurrei, on 16 October 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Do people honestly forget you can buy gems for real $$$ and sell for gold? How else do you think these people get the money? P2 be unique
There are the chinese gold sellers/botters too >_<

#40 Priest Mhelno

Priest Mhelno

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LOST]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

View PostLostMK, on 20 October 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

No effects at the moment, sorry :(

It may just be because they ran out of time before launch, but I asked Linsey if they would consider adding something to it... I will see what she says ;)

anynews back from linsey really want that sexy mama of a bow

Edited by Priest Mhelno, 02 February 2013 - 03:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users