• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

[Key script] Action-RPG control scheme / mouse attacks!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Folji

Folji

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hey everyone, I'm Folji! Back around when Guild Wars 2 launched I was really hoping there'd be some kind of mouse locked control scheme offered in the game, where your camera is controlled by the mouse and your mouse buttons can be used to attack with. But after discovering there wasn't, I sat down and spent around maybe 30 minutes or so (maybe an hour if you include testing and bugfixing) writing an AutoHotkey script to just fill in the blank and put this kind of gameplay into the game.

'Course, the launch was around a month and a half ago now, and the last time I shared this script anywhere was one month ago on the official forum. Bit of a long time to just sit on a nice idea, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are other scripts like this out there now, but who cares! I still think this thing is nice. It's small, easy to use, doesn't do anything it doesn't have to, and it works. Doesn't get anyone into trouble, either. I wrote it more or less for my own sake, and I'm only really posting it here to share it.

Like I said, it's a script that alters the control scheme. Locks the camera to the mouse and makes the mouse buttons trigger attacks instead, basically like Legend of Zelda, God of War or TERA, and just how I always wanted to play Guild Wars 2. And it doesn't actually interface with the game in any way, so it's perfectly safe to use. No real bugs either, since it's so simple and straight-forward.

Sounds cool? Check it out over at the official Guild Wars 2 forum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users