• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * - 6 votes

Tarnished Coast looking for more Overseas players!

wvw

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 Mornant

Mornant

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

Just a reminder that we are still welcoming anyone interested in joining us, you can come and ask questions or give a try to the server to see how you like it.

#32 Karuna

Karuna

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ESP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

View PostAetou, on 15 November 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

So, come join us.  We have cookies.

Or we can make crumpets or crepes or whatever you prefer in your country.

#33 surfboar

surfboar

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

2 cents. I am on TC and just recently started playing WvW, although I have enjoyed the server since day one, I have been totally blown away by how much fun these guys are having every night during NA primetime. Good banter, good commanders and very resilient players. Kind of tough during events since everyone seems to like to participate there, but that means we have good players participating in the events. Its really win win. So come on down!!!!

Edited by surfboar, 21 November 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#34 Karuna

Karuna

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

TC truly is a unique server, with one of the very best communities in the game and more than enough variety to cater to people of all interests.  Back when my guild was scouting servers and someone suggested that we look at Tarnished Coast as a possibility, my first reaction was 'Umm, you mean that roleplay server???"  Not that I am really adverse to RP -- merely, I was under the impression that the server would be overly slanted towards PvE and that a non-RP guild would be out of place.

Though it seemed that it would be impossible to find, what I really wanted was the best of all worlds:  a server with a strong and stable community, preferably with a minimum of trolls and needless stupidity, plenty of people to enjoy high-end PvE with,  and plenty of people to enjoy and coordinate  with in WvW -- people who are competitive and fight to win without raging when we lose.  There isn't any Shangri-la, especially in this never-ending era of free transfers, but I refused to move my guild unless I could find a new home base for us that at least came close to satisfying these conditions.

We looked at every server from tier 1 to tier nothing, weighed their pro's and con's and spent at least a little bit of time testing the waters with them all.  One server kept pleasantly surprising us again and again and stood out above the rest of the pack:  Tarnished Coast.

The community is dedicated and tenacious.  People show up to play win or lose.  People who are new strive to learn and those who are experienced offer advice rather than roll their eyes.  The WvW crew is well organized; players and commanders communicate and work well together.

Even without extra coverage this will continue to be a fun place to play WvW.  Currently the top three tiers are extremely competitive and as of this posting Tarnished Coast is making the strongest showing out of all the servers that regularly reach t3.  Ultimately though, it isn't about what tier we are in . . . the people here play so that they can enjoy a good battle.  That won't change regardless of if we make the push up into t2 - t1 or if we get stomped next week and kicked down the ladder.  It's like when an athlete professes to play for 'the love of the game'; TC is the best place I have found to play for the love of the game.

#35 Karuna

Karuna

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

We still have a very big need for players to help compliment our strong NA-time zone presence.  There are still people online around the clock but after NA prime time there is never a queue for any map and oftentimes that silly 'outmanned' buff pops up.

Much has already been said about our community so I will not repeat it all again.  Now that the server appears to have opened up again it would be an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in seeing what TC is all about to come take a look.  People are also always welcome to contact me or any of the commanders on our server if you have any questions.

#36 Azilyi

Azilyi

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RET]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Fort Aspenwood player here and an officer of RET.

TC is an amazing server.  Having been in their tier for over 4 weeks now, we can safely say that they are a very coordinated, very dedicated group of players.  I would very much like to see them get bumped up to the next tier because they've truly deserved it.  They've come in first every week and really need a fresh challenge.

Crystal Desert's new admission into our tier has given them a little bit more to chew on than Yak's Bend could afford, but it's still pretty clear that they need a bigger challenge.

Good luck in your search.

#37 Karuna

Karuna

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

We continue to welcome people to come join us on Tarnished Coast with our primary goal being to find more WvW players who can help compliment our already strong NA crew.  Currently the server is in tier 2 playing versus Sanctum Of Rall and Blackgate and the gaps in our coverage are showing up more vividly than in the past.

At the moment it feels like the server is too big for tier 3 and yet lacks the coverage to shoot for the lead in tier 2.  It would be fun to see what we could accomplish together if the coverage issue was fixed.

At the present moment, it appears that anet has again been tweaking server caps as every single server shows as 'Very High' or lower population.  Thus, anyone who has been waiting for their opportunity to join one of the very best communities in Guild Wars 2 should have a good chance of doing so now.

#38 phani_kaushik

phani_kaushik

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

For those wondering about the timing patterns when the server is not Full, pls look at this thread where my friend has put it very well for the benefit of people from all timezones! :)

https://forum-en.gui...-Needed/1091832

#39 Omnirai

Omnirai

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

View PostRex Romulus, on 29 December 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

They do need more players.

TC Nublet Destruction!

I've never seen any of those guilds in WvW before, they are all from different guilds and a couple were upscaled. You took down a pug group of what are probably PvE players...

Is there really a need to invade another server's recruitment thread with content such as this?

#40 Rex Romulus

Rex Romulus

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

So you are implying that when you prefer PvE, you cannot be good at PvP? And obviously, they are not so much of PvE players if I found them in a PvP environment, are they?

There you go, TC Defense Force in all its splendor.

That was captured a few minutes after the video above.

#41 Karuna

Karuna

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Nice videos and good for you.  However, I hope that for your sake a mod will move them someplace more appropriate, because it only makes you (and via you, your entire server) look like a pompous ass for choosing to post them in this particular thread.

I guess props for trying to derail the topic anyway and good luck in the future on your 'HEY guiz look at me pwning TC nubz' thread.  I'm sure it will turn out great.

#42 Milkhead

Milkhead

Asuran Acolyte

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 53 posts
  • Guild Tag:[THAI]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

View PostKaruna, on 30 December 2012 - 12:02 AM, said:

Nice videos and good for you.  However, I hope that for your sake a mod will move them someplace more appropriate, because it only makes you (and via you, your entire server) look like a pompous ass for choosing to post them in this particular thread.

I guess props for trying to derail the topic anyway and good luck in the future on your 'HEY guiz look at me pwning TC nubz' thread.  I'm sure it will turn out great.

Im from BG and a little say to u good TC people. just ignore these SOR forum invaders. they have been invading our recruitment for over 6 weeks. and im sure they will come again, to yours and to ours. best just get used to it i suppose.
Siberz [Thai]
Blackgate

#43 Alodar

Alodar

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TSL]

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Tarnished Coast is still looking for more WvW players.  Tarnished Coast is widely recognized as having by far the best community of any server in the game since Launch, and now with a higher server capacity, we are looking to add more people who enjoy WvW.  Our WvW maps rarely have a queue, and never on all of them at once at any time of the day.  We are looking for individuals or guilds who would like to move over.  We could use a lot of help with our night time coverage, but to those of you that do decide to come over to our extremely fun and competitive server, you will have many guilds here to welcome you with open arms.

We are one big family on the Tarnished Coast server, and we're currently doing what nobody thought possible of a RP server... we've worked our way up to Tier 2, and competing very well there.

Due to the nature of the server, we provide a very mature and cooperative environment. We are looking for more who fit that mold to come over, have fun, and help out.

#44 Karuna

Karuna

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

We are having a blast in T2.  If you want to play in a competitive WvW environment without all the stress and complaining then Tarnished Coast is the right place to be.  No matter if you are an elite WvW commander or someone new to the game, we all fight together for the Coast.

#45 SchuneiderMidas

SchuneiderMidas

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Pro]

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

server cap increased .
now may be good chance

#46 Karuna

Karuna

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

I would assume that they raised caps again because this is the last chance for people to shuffle servers before they finally put an end to free transfers on the 28th.

I def know what server I want to be on when that time comes ;)

*hint, it rhymes with Garnished Toast

#47 SchuneiderMidas

SchuneiderMidas

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

despite being full, Tarnished Coast still need EU / Oceanic crew.
no queue time in this time.

#48 Xinthai

Xinthai

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

TC is a great server to play against, and their personality on the official forums is excellent. Bump for a great server that definitely deserves its place in T2!

#49 Karuna

Karuna

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

We are working with any guilds who wish to come to TC and attempting to arrange transfer windows so members can get in at specific times.  Please feel welcome to contact me or any of our WvW commanders so we can set up specific times and welcome you into our community..

#50 Karuna

Karuna

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

All servers are now open so this is the last chance to book a free transfer to the best player community in the game.

Tarnished Coast offers a robust PvE player base as well as an organized front in WvW that is extremely welcoming to anyone who wishes to join in on the cause.  There is no one large guild or group of guilds calling the shots.  We rely upon everyone and every guild, no matter how large or small, working together and adding in their contribution.

As always, feel welcome to contact any of our players with questions or visit tcgw2.com where you will find plenty of great people who are willing to work with you.

#51 Hika

Hika

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AvtG]

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Avantguard has departed from Isle of Janthir and set sail towoards Tarnished Coast, see ya'll soon! :D

Edited by Hika, 27 January 2013 - 06:00 AM.

#52 SchuneiderMidas

SchuneiderMidas

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

welcome to TC :lol:

#53 Aellara

Aellara

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Hang in there TC! I enjoyed fighting against you during our matchup. Fights were ferocious during primetime and it could have gone either way had we had equal coverage. Make SoR earn their T1 spot.

#54 Ultimaistanza

Ultimaistanza

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TW]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

View PostAellara, on 27 January 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Hang in there TC! I enjoyed fighting against you during our matchup. Fights were ferocious during primetime and it could have gone either way had we had equal coverage. Make SoR earn their T1 spot.

It's a good thing you liked fight them so much cause you'll be back down there fighting them again soon enough. ; )

#55 SchuneiderMidas

SchuneiderMidas

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostUltimaistanza, on 27 January 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

It's a good thing you liked fight them so much cause you'll be back down there fighting them again soon enough. ; )
BG actually doing great at T1, keep it up and you ll bring SoS down instead. either way, its still a disaster to have you top 4 server down in T2  :D

#56 Karuna

Karuna

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Just an update that Tarnished Coast could still really use some extra coverage in WvW.

Any guilds that might not be happy with their choices in the scramble before free transfers ended, I invite you to come check out, visit tcgw2.com and talk to any of our commanders to see what it could be like to become a part of the most stable and loyal community in the game.

#57 phani_kaushik

phani_kaushik

Vanguard Scout

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

Bumping this thread. We could use more Oceanic/Asian presence to stay competitive in T2, while also having fun in a way only TC could have.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wvw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users