#31 Orual Fox

Orual Fox

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Rare]
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

I feel Act 4  will fill the Attend the Party slot and the party will be more of a celebration that we have successfully locked away MK for another year, hence making it somewhat repeatable.  Every year, we will now be re-locking MK in the Mad Realm.

#32 Konig Des Todes

Konig Des Todes

Manager of the Void

• Site Contributors
  • 9534 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Lore]

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

That feels a tad bit anti-climatic, IMO. Given the lore around Halloween, Thorn is actually able to return on Halloween day - what makes Act 3 so special about his return is that he shouldn't be able to return yet. And if people don't want him to return now, how do you think he'll be treated on Halloween day when he's more easily capable of such?

Durmand Priory|Library of Whispers|GuildMag
"...I received a 400-page bible document for the world..." - J.Robert King
I want. I want bad.

#33 draxynnic

draxynnic

Lorebug

• Moderators
  • 7636 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

It's possibly a question of the rules by which he's allowed to return on Halloween not applying if he breaks out at some other time. When he returns on Halloween, he's only able to stay for a brief amount of time and is mostly harmless in what he can do - a few temporary transformations, only able to 'kill' those who choose to participate in his games (and they get resurrected soon after) and so on. If he manages to punch through some other time, however, those controls are gone and he's free to make a bid to take over Kryta again... and the research we've been doing shows how much of a bad idea allowing THAT to happen would be.
Got any comments or queries about moderation in one of my spheres of responsibility? Make sure I get the message!

#34 Tregarde

Tregarde

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1018 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Thorn has been absent from Tyria for over two centuries. Undoubtedly he has been plotting this return. Clearly he's found ways to make his influence fall upon the world much stronger than it had been before. Bursting from the LA fountain shows he's become very powerful. I hope by the end we get some answers to what exactly he had been up to and how he accomplished it.

#35 Chava Blue

Chava Blue

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TAC]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

This is going to seem like a stupid question, but could someone summarize what's going on with the rebels?

The meta-events never seem to be working when I actually have time to play, so I haven't been able to see these event chains, and there's very little on the wiki.

I'd really like to know the story behind this, and as the remaining hours of the event tick away, it's less and less likely I'll get to see it in person.

Thanks! :)

#36 Konig Des Todes

Konig Des Todes

Manager of the Void

• Site Contributors
  • 9534 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

From what I gather, Baron Wycker is rebelling against Oswald in order to replace him with "the true demented heir" - whomever that may be, we only know it's a guy. A person referred to as "the countess" (I'm guessing The Countess of Hakewood from GW1) is leading the Lunatic Court forces against the baron.

Outside this, I haven't seen much lore. Then again, I haven't gone through Kessex or Gendarran's events fully - mainly because it's way to complex to get that final event to trigger (from what it seems, you have to get all "Protect the..." events to succeed - that is, repelling the rebel's counter-strike - which is near impossible solo, and in Kessex and Gendarran, there's not enough folks around usually).

I want. I want bad.

#37 Chava Blue

Chava Blue

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Thanks, that is helpful. :)

I did end up doing one of the events in Kessex a couple of days ago when I basically just stumbled into it (the protect Casimir one) and the rebels had some really interesting dialog lines during combat. Unfortunately, I had the misfortune of having the Lionguard DE end up in the same spot, so I was trying to solo them both at once and couldn't really pay full attention to what was going on due to the need for survival.

However, it seemed like the rebels who were attacking were saying something like, "He's controlling me."

If I was was reading correctly (which it's possible I wasn't, like I said it was an unexpectedly complex combat situation) it would add an interesting element to the scenario. I wonder who "he" would be? Their leader, I guess? Or Thorn himself, messing with their heads?

If the events are working again next time I log in, I'll try to screencap the text I'm talking about.

#38 EphraimGlass

EphraimGlass

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Guild Tag:[YUM]
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostChava Blue, on 31 October 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

However, it seemed like the rebels who were attacking were saying something like, "He's controlling me."

If I was was reading correctly (which it's possible I wasn't, like I said it was an unexpectedly complex combat situation) it would add an interesting element to the scenario. I wonder who "he" would be? Their leader, I guess? Or Thorn himself, messing with their heads?

Actually, if I don't miss my guess, that sounds like dialogue from the Draithor the Drill event.  He's forcing some merchants into his cave to vivisect them and you have to defeat the controlling spirit to release them.  Nothing to do with Halloween.

#39 Chava Blue

Chava Blue

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

View PostEphraimGlass, on 31 October 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

Actually, if I don't miss my guess, that sounds like dialogue from the Draithor the Drill event.  He's forcing some merchants into his cave to vivisect them and you have to defeat the controlling spirit to release them.  Nothing to do with Halloween.

Possibly, but they were labeled as rebels, they were part of a mob containing Halloween creatures, they were attacking Casimir, and no more of them came after I finished the event. It may just be a coincidence (may a third event spawned on the same cursed spot?) but I didn't see any indication they were from a different storyline.

Edited by Chava Blue, 31 October 2012 - 04:39 PM.

#40 Konig Des Todes

Konig Des Todes

Manager of the Void

• Site Contributors
  • 9534 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Casimir's event is where Draithor's event passes by. It probably lined up perfectly to make you *think* that it was the Lunatic Rebels. But that line is the Black Lion Merchants' line perfect.

I want. I want bad.

#41 Tregarde

Tregarde

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1018 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

While I didn't log into GW1 this year - I was too busy in GW2! - there were updates to Halloween and there are bits if info to add to the Mad King's lore.
http://wiki.guildwar.../Halloween_2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users