• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Radix

Radix

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

I had a dream last night that my guild's GM was Caithe.

Just an idea that could be extrapolated on. The idea that guilds could in fact be part of the pve experience. Destiny's Edge, as well as all the different sub groups within races such as iron legion, the priory etc. could act as guilds that players could join led by NPCs in game.

Dynamic events in the future could act as platforms for raid like events for folks who have joined specific in game guilds. Since we already have the ability to switch between guilds this would give us a choice in which factions we choose and simply hop over to the guild and join in on the event led by our favorite in game characters.

In wvw, the same could happen. With NPC's leading and actually providing basic chat to the guild like what bases we need and so on and so on. . .

It would also be cool to have NPC's created for each different world created. As in my world, Tarnished Coast might have a wvwvw NPC leader that would act as a leader in come cases as well as provide basic info on what is on on the map.

Thoughts and Ideas????

#2 GrandmaFunk

GrandmaFunk

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GWJ]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

so basically it would work as a chat channel that broadcasts DE related news updates?

like "hey guild, the shatterer is here, come help us fight back evil!"

#3 Vysander

Vysander

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[UNS]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

This is definitely an interesting idea. Though, i think the NPC WvW leader bit would be a little too much like hand holding. (not to mention some ridiculous coding for them to be aware of the battle field and sensible strategy and countermeasures).

Some opposition i could see to this would be that it could be considered detrimental to the community. I know personally the whole idea of hoping around guilds whenever you want is not exactly what a "guild" should be about. It may help promote server co-operation, but you would likely never get a chance to really know the people you are doing whatever you are doing with.

But, along the same lines i could see it being a good community builder for more casual players who may not join some guilds as they can be seen as overwhelming.

As for the last bit, i don't think it would work very well without having each world be separated  Otherwise you would get alot of cross-talk as the event timing would not likely line up in all worlds.

Edited by Vysander, 18 October 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#4 Radix

Radix

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

@ grandmafunk, yeah actually. If you are in your specific pve guild, say a guild called "Destiny's Edge" lol, guild chat would have all sorts of information on stuff going on in the world--perhaps waypoint links and such. Perhaps if this was an actual implementation though, new events would be made where you fight along side the NPC GM's of the guild.

@Vysander, people who frown on guild hopping are going to frown anyway although I don't know why, I look at it as being able to join my friends's guild and then being able to join a more wvw guild if I want to do different things. The same would be for this type of guild. Another idea would be somehow to allow perhaps a guild to join one of these guilds--a guild within a guild.

The only reason this would be successcul would have a lot to do with you (or your guild's) story and immersion on how you wanted to specialize your guilds affiliation to different factions withing pve. Some perks are as follows (feel free to add ideas.)

--To be initated into a pve guild (we'll call them World Guilds) a player has to be 80 and follow certain quest line or acts with that guild. For example, the Destiny's edge guild may have completely different steps than the Sylvari nightmare court guild. Once you have been proven worthy you will represent that world guild and have different world events that you are called to do.

--Once you are in a world guild you will start off at the chosen initiate level rank, but as you progress through content with the world guild you can advance ranks--so much to the point where you will be right underneath your guilds npc/npc's and get rewards and titles.

--bonuses such as gear catereing to the world guild you are in could be rewarded for participating in your world guild. The gear could be a big factor in which world guild you select. "dude, where did you get that gear.?" "It's assuran college of badassery World guild gear."

#5 Radix

Radix

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

actually thinking about it this could be the sort of "end game" that people want.

#6 deitiesforce

deitiesforce

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 416 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DA]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

I actually think it is a very good idea because it let people to learn about the lore part and the part that they like.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guilds, pve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users