• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Why do mobs go invulnerable so often during underwater fight?

underwater invulnerable

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Sandpit

Sandpit

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

+1 for removing this damned annoying feature. I was getting it a lot on land yesterday, and often the mob was hitting me for damage while invulnerable!

It's a terrible idea to pre-empt exploits, that don;t really exist, remove the stupid code and don't add something until there is a problem to fix (but whatever they add, not this junk coding).

#32 Enya Amarantine

Enya Amarantine

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Guild Wars 1 had a more elegant way to deal with terrain issues, whenever possible if the monster could not get back at you they would move out of range forcing you to move within range or leave. And as stated by others this is not purely about being in their face either; my guardian using a close range weapon runs into this as often as my elementalist.

#33 Lastchime

Lastchime

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

View PostEnya Amarantine, on 22 October 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

Guild Wars 1 had a more elegant way to deal with terrain issues, whenever possible if the monster could not get back at you they would move out of range forcing you to move within range or leave. And as stated by others this is not purely about being in their face either; my guardian using a close range weapon runs into this as often as my elementalist.

There was also no Z axis in gw1, at least until the end of factions, I got out just before nightfall so idk if they added one.

#34 GoldenMonkey

GoldenMonkey

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Thinking about it now, I did first encounter it underwater, but I just thought it was a Risen mechanic designed to give the earlier members of the mob you are trying to kill the 10ish seconds they need to respawn on top of you, thereby displaying zhaitan's resing skills.  I seem to get it every few encounters with those little rascals, with my warrior, and I don't find face tanking them makes it happen any less. I haven't been keeping track on paper tho, so I might.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: underwater, invulnerable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users