• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 2 votes

Why is 4100 damage with a ranged aoe okay?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Drexar

Drexar

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Gin]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

Regarding dagger storm, the only reason its so good is due to giving stability.. Without stability its just a long channeled skill that anyone with a stun or daze can interrupt the whirl..

The following is based on WvW experience, since thats the only place Dagger Storm can shine.

So, know any mesmers? They are hardly an endangered species and they pretty much all come with a nice and shiny greatsword, and quite often a little pistol in their offhand as secondary set (yes, many do use focus instead, i am aware, shut it). It is amazing what this can do to a *y thief, like me, who is charging in alone in their little berserker set, relying on the 8 second stability to get them back home safe.. Now of course, if im lucky i got some other boon on me, and if im lucky they wont eat my stability, but if im not lucky then im toast. Stability gets stripped and is followed by diversion or magic bullet. You now have a 12k hp 900 toughness gimp standing alone in the middle of a quite intimidating group of people.

This is usually when i try to use my puppy eyes, sadly it has quite a low success rate :(

Regarding Cluster Bomb.. well.. really? Its like complaining about Kill Shot from a warrior in full berserker.. "He hit me for a gazillion, unfair! Yes i had at least two seconds to counter or dodge, but still, UNFAIR!", the only difference is that its even easier to dodge the bomb.. But sure, make it do less damage and let us disable the detonate function so we can fire them like engineer grenades instead :P

#32 DaPala

DaPala

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VAN]
  • Server:Riverside

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

I feel there should be a distinct seperation of pvp, wvw and the corresponding forums.
This just doesn't work.

In WvW you can do whatever you want, nobody will care.
And you for sure can't tell anything about balance in WvW.
Heck, it even uses PvE version of skills. 'Nuff said.

#33 Drekor

Drekor

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1619 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TSP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

View PostMrForz, on 24 October 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

Well, you're not going to like the 10k grenade barrages then.
Those are every 30s or so as opposed to 3s for clusters... significant difference

#34 MrForz

MrForz

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[Jar]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostDrekor, on 25 October 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

Those are every 30s or so as opposed to 3s for clusters... significant difference

Hehe, I know right, although it's dead easy to walk out of these projectiles. Only way to make it more obvious is to attach a huge sign saying 'This projectile will be hitting this location is two seconds, I would advise you to get away before you get hurt'. Plus the projectile is huge as hell, I'm not defending Thieves, I don't even have one but... come on.

#35 Typhoris

Typhoris

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

Cluster bomb hits much more often than grenades ever will :)

#36 Cabbage

Cabbage

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SYN]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

Cluster Bomb is very powerful but it is the only useful AoE a thief has.

Poison doesn't have long enough range and it only applies a single poison onto the target.

Great for combo field but has no other use.

(Oh and my cluster bomb with my Zerker gear hits for 7k)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users