Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* - - - - 2 votes

New type of gearing


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 deragot

deragot

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

The system has 5 different types of tiers which don’t have common things.They are based on different farming methods.The models are made like this because people should do different things.They shouldn’t focus only on one thing and only it.You should be able to farm your gear as you wish.
Keep in mind one important thing.Gear stats will stay the same as now.There won’t be any significant difference in it.The only thing that will make it special is how it looks.

Remember this is not Rift,Swtor,wow or something similar.In thos game you can't buy things with achievement points and GW2 already has a great design which can allow you to buy things with those points.They can be used for something why should you only collect them?

Tier  1 - Gear and weapons: White,Green,Blue,Rare,exotic  / 1-79 leveling braket
  1.Normal mobs  - white,blue gear
2.Elite mobs  - greemngear
3.Champion mobs  - rare gear
4.Currency - exotic gear (this is exotic  gear is specific only for 1-79lvl.You can’t buy this gear with the same currencies for 80lvl because then it is different colour)
a)Tokens from:jumping puzzles,WvW,story mode dungeons
b)Reputation:X1a -  buy with silver
c)Karma
5.Crafting  - current model(discover thing by experimenting)
You need very little currency to buy things.For instance 20lvl buys things for 100+ karma,43lvl for 500+ karma,67lvl for 750+ karma
If you buy with silver you will need reputation.

Tier  2 - Gear and weapons:Blue / lower 80lvl braket
1.Chests - DE,WvW,Puzzles,Story mode dungeons
2.Reputation:X1b - buy with gold gear
3.Crafting – current model (discover thing by experimenting)

Tier 3 – Gear and weapons:Rare / higher 80lvl braket
1.Curency – rare(yellows)
a)Tokens from: jumping puzzles,WvW,story mode dungeons
b)Reputation:X1c - buy with gold gear and weapons
c)Karma
2.Crafting – current model(discover thing by experimenting)
3.Chest – Explorable dungeons

Tier 4 – Gear and weapons:Exotic / upper 80lvl braket
1)Tokens from Explorable dungeons
2)Reputation: X1d – buy with gold recipes to make gear

Tier 5 – Gear and weapons:Uniques and Legendairies
1)Uniques  – black gear only.Those epicks are equivalent of legendairie weapons but for gear.
a)Reputation:X1e - you buy Unique gear with a lot achievement points
b)Crafting – recipes which drop from chests in:Explorable dungeons,DE,jumping puzzles,WvW .It can Drop from farming trees,mines,vegetables,fruits too.BUT and it  is a big one.Each farming method has a drop chance.For instance if you farm trees,mines there will be 1% drop chance.So if you do things which are more harder the drop chance will increase and be bigger.
DE,puzzles,WvW will be 5%, Explorables – 10% drop chance .Once you have the recipe you will need  materials for the item.They are found in the open world.Uniques are profession specific.This gear will be made different than legendairy weapons. It will not need hundreds of materials.Unique gear will be hard to find the recipe but not hard to make the item.
2)Legendairy  weapons only  - I won’t change anything from the current model.They will be the same as now.

So here is how you improve your self.
1st you get leveling gear then you hit 80 and start doing for instance DE,WvW,dungeons,Jumping puzzles for gear which drops only from chests and  is in “Lower 80lvl braket”.While you farm that gear you receive karma,tokens ,reputation with which you can buy things from “Higher 80lvl braket” BUT they are not easy to get.You will need atleast  a week of farming to receive full set.Until then you already will be fully gear from “Lower 80lvl bracket” and you will have enough currency to buy things from the “Higher 80lvl braket”
In “leveling braket” for example you need only 700 karma,for “Higher 80lvl braket” you will need 5k+ karma.

I have made 5 Tiers of gear which means there are 5 models of  gear.Each one of them brings different farming models.
1st is leveling gear model.
2nd is 80lvl gearing model NOT based on currency like karma or tokens
3rd is 80lvl gearing model based on currency for instance karma and tokens
4th is 80lvl gearing model which is made for people that want to have a challenge or just like to farm
5th is 80lvl gearing model and it’s the hardest to do(Legendairy weapons and Unique gear)

Numbers 4 and 5 are harder to do and are not meant for everyone.Dungeons will be meant for challenge.Reputations where you buy things for Achievement points are for people who like to farm.

Edited by deragot, 22 October 2012 - 07:56 AM.


#2 Shadowrose

Shadowrose

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 741 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

something's wrong when after quick-reading I still don't understand anything.

#3 Yuerai

Yuerai

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

I did somewhat understand, I think, but why are you posting this? Is this a guide on gearing?

#4 Pirralla

Pirralla

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

View PostYuerai, on 21 October 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

Is this a guide on gearing?

Isn't it pretty obvious it's a suggestion on an alternate way gearing/gear tiers could work?

#5 sakura az

sakura az

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 169 posts
  • Location:The Frozen North
  • Guild Tag:[OTG]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Why do we need gear tiers like this? What's wrong with the current system?  This honestly seems way too complicated and pointless.

#6 Primal Zed

Primal Zed

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2102 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostPirralla, on 21 October 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Isn't it pretty obvious it's a suggestion on an alternate way gearing/gear tiers could work?
I thought it was a guide with a lot of stuff wrong.

#7 Sheepski

Sheepski

    Seraph Guardian

  • Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Location:Manchester
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostPrimal Zed, on 21 October 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

I thought it was a guide with a lot of stuff wrong.

Same.

Why would we want to have a more complicated tier system? Are you just trying to make a fabricated gear treadmill to make people think they have to go through the tiers etc to make more artificial content?

I mean sure I have the basic idea that at level 80 I get a rare set of armour/weps, then work on basic exotics, then dungeon/rarer or prestigious exotics, but the freedom is there for people if they want to just have white armour and jump straight to dungeon gear or whatever, such as what my alts are kinda doing as I can supplement their incomes/tokens from my main.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!


#8 Nox_Aeterna

Nox_Aeterna

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 773 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

There is one big problem with your system. A problem Anet would never let pass.

The whole game , is NOT endgame anymore.

Atm you can work for your lvl 80 gear before lvl 80 , actually quite early you can already begin to work on it.

#9 Absolutionis

Absolutionis

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

You know, "green" items are higher than "blue" items. Why are you suggesting that be swapped?

I also have no idea what you mean when you constantly use the term "reputation". You use it independent from "karma", so you don't mean that.

#10 checkmate187

checkmate187

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TCG]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Sounds similar to WoW gearing.

If that's the case... no thanks.  Just no.

#11 Parthis

Parthis

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostAbsolutionis, on 21 October 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

You know, "green" items are higher than "blue" items. Why are you suggesting that be swapped?

I also have no idea what you mean when you constantly use the term "reputation". You use it independent from "karma", so you don't mean that.

He likes WoW. Blue > Green, Reputation grinds, etc etc.


No thanks OP. I appreciate it took you time to write this out, but it's essentially WoW's gear grind, and I never want to see that again.

#12 deragot

deragot

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

Hmm interesting that you mention wow but you know what?Reputation farming is not invented by Blizzard so how come you thought about it?And one more thing.What is the difference from farming karma and reputation?YOu can do both at the same time by achieving different things at the end.
Now i'll return to the basics as you think i don't know how the gearing works in GW2.I will explain only some parts of it NOT everything
Right now we have 3 currencies.WvW tokens,dungeon tokens and karma
1.Karma gives gear for leveling.At 80 you can buy for 1000 items,for 5000 items,for 22k items and for 44k
2.I don't know about WvW but it should be similar
3.Is explorable tokens from dungeons you have only 1 type of gear there:2x180,200,300,330 that is only gear.
4.Crafting gear
We have chests too but they are worthless.The loot from them is a trash and when i do explorable dungeons i do them only for tokens and nothing else.Everything that drops from bosses and chests i sell.
If you have characters more than 1 as dungeon tokens are account bound you can gear your character in 2 days.You only need to farm the same dungeon again and again with all your 4 characters for instance.(3 paths x 60 tokens)x4 that is not interesting

This system for me is lacking something.For me it's a progression.Number 3 is equal to number 1 (44k karma) and exotic gear from crafting.If you want fast gear crafting is here but if you don't and you are looking in long time gearing than points 1 and 3 are for you.

As you see we have ONLY 3 types of gearing methods.In my oppinion 3 methods of farming aren't enough.
With my system i gave 3 more types.
1.You receive items from chest when you hit 80
2.You buy with gold items from vendors when you have the needed reputation
3.You buy items for Achievement points
4.You receive recipes for Epick gear by drop chance

This system is focussed on long time gearing you character.You can't get everything from the start.
Stop talking about WoW.There exist many other MMOs you know

View PostAbsolutionis, on 21 October 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

You know, "green" items are higher than "blue" items. Why are you suggesting that be swapped?

I also have no idea what you mean when you constantly use the term "reputation". You use it independent from "karma", so you don't mean that.

The question is not the colour i just randomly puted something while i was writing.
Would it be different if i say grey,black,pink or what ever?I just took one random colour and put it there
You don't like it's colour?It can be changed

I say it again WoW has nothing to do here.Don't even mention it.Yes it may have some similar thing with it.But well this is GW2 and WoW are MMOs what do you expect?They will have similar things.
I just don't understand why people always start with wow.You know there are older mmos than it right?
hmm lets think... like the one which has 13 expansions and went free to play.It is the predecessor of WoW

Edited by deragot, 22 October 2012 - 06:17 AM.


#13 Dokem

Dokem

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • Location:Chile
  • Guild Tag:[GWH]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:15 AM

TLDR: OP wants WoW gearing system implemented here.

#14 deragot

deragot

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

View PostDokem, on 22 October 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

TLDR: OP wants WoW gearing system implemented here.

Good,good you really "know'' how to ''read''.
I said it once already and i will repeat it.WoW is not the "god'' of MMOs
What has it anything to do whith my system?
Give me one example which is not based on reputation because this exists in many mmos which are NOT wow.
Have i sayed that reputations will give anything different than gear and wepaons and recipes?no i haven't
WoW model gives mounts and tittles.My system doesn't

Gosh mate i don't have words for you....

Edited by deragot, 22 October 2012 - 06:27 AM.


#15 xarallei

xarallei

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 1102 posts
  • Location:NYC
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

I bloody HATE rep grinds. I hope such an abomination is never introduced into the game.

#16 M1k3l

M1k3l

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 891 posts
  • Location:Sinister corners of the Web where conspiracy theories thrive
  • Guild Tag:[SR]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Seems pointlessly complex and simply not needed in GW2.

#17 Sevens

Sevens

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Ok we wont say WoW type gear grind
lets say Treadmill style gear grind...which just so happens to be what WoW uses!
and No thank you....When a toon hits 80 it should be easy to gear out in max stat gear....then grind for the cosmetic look that you want IF you want.

#18 Nalano

Nalano

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 235 posts
  • Location:NY f'n C
  • Guild Tag:[JQQ]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

So you want to take a system which has systematically removed or reduced a lot of the grind in MMOs... and replace it with grinds?

Do you often find yourself suggesting "improvements" that make things worse? Does your car have square wheels?

#19 Yamirashi

Yamirashi

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TSL]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

View PostNox_Aeterna, on 21 October 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

Atm you can work for your lvl 80 gear before lvl 80 , actually quite early you can already begin to work on it.

This... I had my level 80 exotic armor all purchased by the time I hit 65. When I hit 80 I bought 80 rares for everything else and have replaced all of them with exotics as well. Took a week tops. You can gear out from karma, wvw tokens, dungeon grinding, crafting, and like I did: saving your gold and buying it. Stat gear is cheap...

#20 Rekkwum

Rekkwum

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

I think I get what you're talking about.

The problem is using words like "tier" automatically makes people think of tiers of stats. Whereas you mean different appearances.

Here's my answer : No thank you. You're neglecting taste, you're bringing in drop-chance, you're making profession-specific items, you're throwing away exploration to be replaced with dumb recipes, you're using achievement points to "buy" things when they're deliberately useless.
I have no idea what the benefit of any of this is.

#21 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Dear OP,
I know you're all defensive now and prone to discredit all criticism (it's normal as you attracted hating kids like honey attracts insects, welcome to guru), but I have some unbiased facts here for you.

The major issue with this system is that it kind of forces players to do things they may not like.
"If you want tier 2 armor you have to do this or this" instead of doing what you want and still getting all type of gear you like.
It would objectively limit freedom and choice, which are both strong points in GW2.

The system itself is not bad, it's just a system that works for MMOs where people like to be boxed into specific content.
GW2 is about freedom, choice, fun. It wouldn't work here, sorry.

#22 deragot

deragot

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

Ok lets say you don'e like rep grinds but you actually like to farm 44k karma per item?Now if that isn't grind what is grind i say lol.Yuo hate one but like the other lol.
Reputation grind is not meant to be farmed,For it you don't have to do something specific.You do what you normally do events or dungeons in the area just give reputation for the  factions which are in this zone.All factions will give similar things so you don't have to farm them all.Well if you like farming is another story.
Anyway this is my last post

Edited by deragot, 22 October 2012 - 02:31 PM.


#23 yahikodrg

yahikodrg

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 151 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TOR]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

View Postderagot, on 22 October 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

Ok lets say you don'e like rep grinds but you actually like to farm 44k karma per item?Now if that isn't grind what is grind i say lol.Yuo hate one but like the other lol.
Reputation grind is not meant to be farmed,For it you don't have to do something specific.You do what you normally do events or dungeons in the area just give reputation for the  factions which are in this zone.All factions will give similar things so you don't have to farm them all.Well if you like farming is another story.
Anyway this is my last post


You know you don't have to farm the 42k karma gear either, or dungeon tokens for gear. I think what I'm getting from your posts is your idea for rep farming is something that doesn't have to be grinding fast into the dirt. That is what all of Gw2 gear grind is. This game atleast IMO has the best gear grind out of any MMO

#24 Absolutionis

Absolutionis

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Your numbers are all wrong and your fundamental understanding of the game in its current state is flawed.

View Postderagot, on 22 October 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

Hmm interesting that you mention wow but you know what?Reputation farming is not invented by Blizzard so how come you thought about it?And one more thing.What is the difference from farming karma and reputation?YOu can do both at the same time by achieving different things at the end.
The difference is that Karma is a system in the game and you have not explained what this "reputation" system is, what it does, and what it is for. You just keep using that word.


View Postderagot, on 22 October 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

Now i'll return to the basics as you think i don't know how the gearing works in GW2.I will explain only some parts of it NOT everything
Right now we have 3 currencies.WvW tokens,dungeon tokens and karma
1.Karma gives gear for leveling.At 80 you can buy for 1000 items,for 5000 items,for 22k items and for 44k
2.I don't know about WvW but it should be similar
3.Is explorable tokens from dungeons you have only 1 type of gear there:2x180,200,300,330 that is only gear.
4.Crafting gear
We have chests too but they are worthless.The loot from them is a trash and when i do explorable dungeons i do them only for tokens and nothing else.Everything that drops from bosses and chests i sell.
If you have characters more than 1 as dungeon tokens are account bound you can gear your character in 2 days.You only need to farm the same dungeon again and again with all your 4 characters for instance.(3 paths x 60 tokens)x4 that is not interesting
If you're talking about currencies in the game, we also have gold (and influence and glory, but not for items).
If you're talking about methods of obtaining max-stat lvl80 exotics, we also have crafting, the mystic forge, the tradepost, and simple monster drops in addition to gold.
1. Karma gear is 42k for a piece of armor, not 44k.
2. WvW tokens are not similar to karma at all. They're more akin to dungeon tokens if anything.
3. Each dungeon token vendor actually has three different variants of armor available for tokens.
Chests are not worthless because they gain you a variety of items that you mystic forge or vendor for money. Both routes lead to exotics.
It's someone ironic that you're criticizing the current dungeon system of being uninteresting because it's repetitive.

View Postderagot, on 22 October 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

This system for me is lacking something.For me it's a progression.Number 3 is equal to number 1 (44k karma) and exotic gear from crafting.If you want fast gear crafting is here but if you don't and you are looking in long time gearing than points 1 and 3 are for you.
It's 42k karma
You can't discount crafting because it's too fast. Why would you even discount it because it's too fast?

View Postderagot, on 22 October 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

As you see we have ONLY 3 types of gearing methods.In my oppinion 3 methods of farming aren't enough.
With my system i gave 3 more types.
1.You receive items from chest when you hit 80
2.You buy with gold items from vendors when you have the needed reputation
3.You buy items for Achievement points
4.You receive recipes for Epick gear by drop chance

This system is focussed on long time gearing you character.You can't get everything from the start.
I still don't see; you discounted crafting for some arbitrary reason and you forgot about the other methods described above.
1. No. You currently can receive rares from chests. Mystic forge them.
2. Not sure if you mean rare items with karma or buy karma items with gold. Rare items can be bought with karma already and mixing currencies defeats the purpose of having them.
3. Maybe
4. What is "epick" gear? Do you mean exotics? Do you mean legendaries? Do you want to make a higher tier to grind? There already are recipes for every 'tier' of gear in the game. You brushed aside crafting earlier for being too 'fast', why are you talking about recipes now?

View Postderagot, on 22 October 2012 - 05:57 AM, said:

The question is not the colour i just randomly puted something while i was writing.
Would it be different if i say grey,black,pink or what ever?I just took one random colour and put it there
You don't like it's colour?It can be changed

I say it again WoW has nothing to do here.Don't even mention it.Yes it may have some similar thing with it.But well this is GW2 and WoW are MMOs what do you expect?They will have similar things.
I just don't understand why people always start with wow.You know there are older mmos than it right?
hmm lets think... like the one which has 13 expansions and went free to play.It is the predecessor of WoW
At best, I was questioning why you chose to mix up the already established system of colors; there is no need to make blues better than greens. At worst, I was accusing you of not knowing the basics of the game because you thought blues were already better than greens.
Thing is, everything you've clumsily stated here is a part of WoW. The biggest tell-tale was your mix-up of blues and greens. We're not the ones thinking only in WoW. We're all accusing you of being unable to get out of the mindset that you've developed from WoW (or its clones), and we're criticizing your wish to drag GW2 backwards by making it conform.

Long story short: No.

#25 deitiesforce

deitiesforce

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DA]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

shouldn't this be in the suggestion sub-fourm?

#26 Aetou

Aetou

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 614 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

I just feel the need to add my voice to the many who are saying: how on earth is this an improvement on the current system?  With the implementation of Karma Jugs and dungeon tokens having been increased to a good yield you now can go straight to Exotic armor when you hit 80 and with a bit of gold saved up be in full exotics, looking how you want, with little grinding at all (unless you decide that you want a full set of SE armor and so run it fifty times.)

Just about the only positive thing in your post in the implied suggestion of introducing armor skins similar to Legendaries and/or the top end Mystic Forge items.

#27 RabidusIncendia

RabidusIncendia

    Seraph Guardian

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1953 posts
  • Location:Lala land
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

Deragot, could you maybe rewrite the original post a bit?  Like have a clear "this is what I suggest", "this is how this will work" etc.  I kinda just see barf in the OP :(  And I've seen some pretty disorganized stuff on the internet.
Fun while it lasted.  I guess.

#28 actionjack

actionjack

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 3659 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

Hmm.. sorry for the quick read... but my take away of OP's suggestion is...

Add a Reputation "currency"
Add Legendary Armor sets (and trinkets)

Seem okie suggestion, but don't feel it adds on too much.  I could see the gear system use some reworks thought.  (skill-changing weapons, and armory/armor box for example)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users